• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why do you guys keep saying “I hope he plays now”? If that was the plan and he was ready, we wouldn’t be considering loaning him out.

Long term, you give him a new deal and loan him out, because he’s already into his 2nd year at Arsenal and hasn’t kicked a ball for us.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why do you guys keep saying “I hope he plays now”? If that was the plan and he was ready, we wouldn’t be considering loaning him out.

Long term, you give him a new deal and loan him out, because he’s already into his 2nd year at Arsenal and hasn’t kicked a ball for us.
Maybe we were considering a loan because he was unsettled after his mother passed away. Perhaps he and the club felt he can deal with it with time and he can stay at Arsenal this season. I’m sure all of this effected his performances and standing in the squad, he’d probably be playing our EL and cup games if this wasn’t to have happened.

I think we should let him go back to France for a bit so the poor guy can mourn for his mother and then he can come back feeling better.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Maybe we were considering a loan because he was unsettled after his mother passed away. Perhaps he and the club felt he can deal with it with time and he can stay at Arsenal this season. I’m sure all of this effected his performances and standing in the squad, he’d probably be playing our EL and cup games if this wasn’t to have happened.

I think we should let him go back to France for a bit so the poor guy can mourn for his mother and then he can come back feeling better.
I’m not sure, this mother issue is guess work as far as I’m concerned. Would’ve been sorted out earlier if it was that big a concern.

Also, we wouldn’t be considering loaning him out to some random championship club in a new random city with new people etc, if there were non footballing issues at play.

I say we look at this as strictly a football issue.

Pop Tart

Established Member
So once again, we messed up whereas Saliba and Saint-Etienne did their part early.
I don't like at all how we handle this kid, first making him miss a cup final and now this.
How we messed up, etienne can **** off. Loaned him back last season when we could of done it with another club. Cup final thing was done to covid and the season lasting longer.
We own him not them so please remember that. Another loan to a club could happen in January.
He get games in Europa.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No point using guesswork here, Arteta has already said pretty clearly what the reasons are.

So why was the French defender not included?

"He had a year last year where Arsenal loaned him to St Etienne and that was a transition year for him," Mikel Arteta said.

"For many reasons, that wasn't the transition year that he needed because he had a lot of injuries, some personal injuries and also with COVID and the French league getting cancelled, he didn't have that year.

"He needs that year of transition and we are trying to make the right decisions for him to give him the best transitional year for him to have the player we want in our future."

He started 11 games for St Etienne last year and just 991 minutes. This is his transition year. Bet your bottom dollar he'll be starting for us next season, he'll be broken in gently this year. I think we'll see him in some Europa league games.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully he gets a good domestic loan now that suits all parties.

You have to think in desperate need of minutes for his development... 30 something pro games is nothing & not even all of them at CB.

Saint-Etienne seem just drama though... they can go **** themselves.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Hopefully he gets a good domestic loan now that suits all parties.

You have to think in desperate need of minutes for his development... 30 something pro games is nothing & not even all of them at CB.

Saint-Etienne seem just drama though... they can go **** themselves.

He can only go to championship team now. Not happening, would be horrendous to let him move down a league.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Better playing regularly than sitting at home. Get him adjusted to English football.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He can only go to championship team now. Not happening, would be horrendous to let him move down a league.
If we want him to be ready for next season the kid needs to play.

Watford could be good. Maybe a Bournmouth or Norwich comes in. Its not like hes above the Championship.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So is he definitely staying, or is there still a possibility we loan players out somewhere? I know the PL/EFL window is still open, but I can't see us loaning him (or any of the other CBs) to the Championship.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I’m not sure, this mother issue is guess work as far as I’m concerned. Would’ve been sorted out earlier if it was that big a concern.

Also, we wouldn’t be considering loaning him out to some random championship club in a new random city with new people etc, if there were non footballing issues at play.

I say we look at this as strictly a football issue.
I wasn't aware of this, are they credible links? I thought he was linked to a move to St Etienne.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I mean a negative of sending him to the Championship is that he's not gonna be tested against the very best attackers there, and this is a guy who was playing against Neymar and Mbappe last season.

But which PL clubs really needed a CB? He could have gone to West Ham maybe, or Fulham. But with Fulham he'd be getting battered every week. Does that help him?

Maybe a strong-ish Championship side is good, particularly a side that has most of the ball, that way he can further develop his passing.

Top Bottom