• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I've no problem with him being sent on loan to aid his development considering his stop start nature of the season previous. It should have been sorted in the summer window rather than the winter window, but what's done is done.

Like I said in my post, it's how he's treated when he comes back that concerns me. If Arteta is true to his word, sees him long term as a mainstay in our defence & integrates him in I'll be happy. If that was all waffle & he continues to overlook him then I'll have issues. There's no way, with the football Arteta wants to play, passing out from the back, & I assume longer term a bit of a higher line, that we have a defender more suited than Saliba for that role, despite his inexperience.

We are still panic merchants when playing out from the back, & this lad looks so in control, so calm & assured. Sometimes having that 1 player in there like that & can really stabilise a full defence, & this lad looks like he could do that.
Yeah, totally agree.

Just think we need to temper a bit our expectations, great CBs don't mature overnight, they are more like wines in the aging process.

Look at Gabriel who looked absolutely world-class in his first games here but since we have seen serious growing pains. And he's 4 years older than Saliba. Hopefully Saliba is the exception to the rule, and hopefully they make a fine pairing--or Saliba with Marí--but I think we need to be realistic and temper our expectations, it's very unlikely he settles in next season without some serious growing pains.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
wow, interesting how Saliba's play has changed over his 3 seasons in Ligue 1. It would seem he's playing a VERY particular role at Nice, cos those are some odd stats? Elite at some things, not even doing other things.

EyzBtHcWYAM1Vwg

EyzBt9zWEAAAXr9

EyzBvDbXAAEG4xC

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

wow, interesting how Saliba's play has changed over his 3 seasons in Ligue 1. It would seem he's playing a VERY particular role at Nice, cos those are some odd stats? Elite at some things, not even doing other things.

EyzBtHcWYAM1Vwg

EyzBt9zWEAAAXr9

EyzBvDbXAAEG4xC
Seems like he's not bothering pressuring/contesting duels and is basically challenging attackers to get past him. He hasn't been dribbled past this season right?

I would usually be a bit worried but then you look at him physically and see that if he did decide to go for aerial duels he'd have no problems anyway.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seems like he's not bothering pressuring/contesting duels and is basically challenging attackers to get past him. He hasn't been dribbled past this season right?

I would usually be a bit worried but then you look at him physically and see that if he did decide to go for aerial duels he'd have no problems anyway.
Isn’t that how Van Dijk plays?

Gabriel seems the type who goes for everything so on paper they should be a solid pairing, if Saliba ever plays for us that is.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Isn’t that how Van Dijk plays?

Gabriel seems the type who goes for everything so on paper they should be a solid pairing, if Saliba ever plays for us that is.
Yep VVD just remains super composed and I think that in combination with people knowing how strong/quick he is just puts attackers off.

Amount of times I see attackers not even bother dribbling at him. 🤣

Seems like Saliba has the same reputation in France, barely seems to actually make tackles either.

Goonger

Yep VVD just remains super composed and I think that in combination with people knowing how strong/quick he is just puts attackers off.

Amount of times I see attackers not even bother dribbling at him. 🤣

Seems like Saliba has the same reputation in France, barely seems to actually make tackles either.

That's what I was thinking watching that compilation. Its almost as if attackers are half hearted trying to go past him sometimes in 1 on 1 situations as they don't believe they can really get past him, & Van Dijk has the same reputation in this league.

Squillaci

Arteta and Edu made a mistake letting him go on loan, that's for sure. Probably their worst decision overall.
If Arteta doesn't find a way for Saliba to play at the start of next season, he (Tets) will be gone soon.
Kid is class.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Case of the video in selection: William Saliba was sanctioned today by the Disciplinary Commission of the FFF to one month without selection suspended. Ulrick Eneme Ella, 3 months, including 1 suspended. No club impact.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I don't get how one of the best defenders in France can be raw. Not ready for PL football okay yes, but raw?? I don't get it.
Just ask yourself how Rob Holding would be doing at Nice. Better than Saliba? Not in a million years. Arteta has some sort of weird agenda against him. It will be interesting to see how his level of accountability evolves now Stan's real plan has gone tits up. Might have to get a proper manager with eyesight.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom