• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Yeah right... Willock went on loan to Newcastle and absolutely killed it. Is he getting a look in at Arsenal?
If every club is as poor as they claim to be, Arteta might be forced to play him (and recall Saliba to boot). :lol:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The last 2 years have probably damaged him enough to where he doesn't become the Mvappe of defending and we don't completely run his mismanagement here when he moves on next summer.

The signing of White has ended Saliba here. White and Gabriel is our long term partnership.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nice spin. You should apologize for your insults and getting it completely wrong. Arteta wants him on loan in the Prem to get him ready for Arsenal. It's pretty simple.
Lol.

Didn't you and your fellow process guys claim that Arteta was going to use him this season?
Now that that has been shown to be false, you're now trying to blame Saliba for going to the Ligue un.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
It would be better for us to see what he could do in the English league.
However i totally understand after a rough time off the pitch why the Kid would want to go back to France.
I think we respected his wishes.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Lol.

Didn't you and your fellow process guys claim that Arteta was going to use him this season?
Now that that has been shown to be false, you're now trying to blame Saliba for going to the Ligue un.

Take a lap

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Take a lap

I know he went to Ligue 1 on his own volition, but you can't blame him for it. His career at Arsenal is over. The manager doesn't fancy him and no matter what he does, he's never going to get a chance under Mikel. It's better he goes to Ligue 1 to get more play time and be closer to his family.

So yes, Arteta ****ed it up.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

I know he went to Ligue 1 on his own volition, but you can't blame him for it. His career at Arsenal is over. The manager doesn't fancy him and no matter what he does, he's never going to get a chance under Mikel. It's better he goes to Ligue 1 to get more play time and be closer to his family.

So yes, Arteta ****ed it up.

Nice spin job. I'm proud of you.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Yeah right... Willock went on loan to Newcastle and absolutely killed it. Is he getting a look in at Arsenal?
tbf totally different player & Position. If Saliba proved his mettle as a CB in the prem he could virtually play for anyone.
He has pace and is technically sound.

Its fair to say that Willocks attributes as a midfielder may just be more suited to Newcastle's style.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Take a lap

There was talk initially about one of Arteta's concerns being his complete lack of English and difficulty communicating with the rest of the squad. Hardly surprising for a 19 year old, but I have to say over time I'm starting to wonder if this breakdown is as much Saliba as Arteta. From the snippets we hear there seems to have been a number of questionable decisions from his camp.

The frustrating thing for fans is that he clearly has immense quality and potential. If he has Guendouzi's character when we have an authoritarian manager then that's just bad luck...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
There was talk initially about one of Arteta's concerns being his complete lack of English and difficulty communicating with the rest of the squad. Hardly surprising for a 19 year old, but I have to say over time I'm starting to wonder if this breakdown is as much Saliba as Arteta. From the snippets we hear there seems to have been a number of questionable decisions from his camp.

The frustrating thing for fans is that he clearly has immense quality and potential. If he has Guendouzi's character when we have an authoritarian manager then that's just bad luck...

His English is fine, he did a media piece with Lacazette in English.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Really? Well that's another myth busted then. Don't know where I got the English thing from...

It's not fluent but it's fine, better than some players who come to the PL with absolutely no English, better than what Emery had when he came!

Top Bottom