• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
You see and hear the passion from the Marseille fans, playing with his mate, learning all the time under a good coach in Sampaoli. That's exactly why he chose to go there as opposed to some mid table side in England.

After another good season in France and he's going to have his pick of sides to move to next summer. He owes us nothing.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You see and hear the passion from the Marseille fans, playing with his mate, learning all the time under a good coach in Sampaoli. That's exactly why he chose to go there as opposed to some mid table side in England.

After another good season in France and he's going to have his pick of sides to move to next summer. He owes us nothing.
Are we the first club to loan players to clubs better than us? :lol:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Are we the first club to loan players to clubs better than us? :lol:

An even worse indictment on Arteta is that the clubs that most of our recent loanees have went to have really brought a lot more out of them than he ever did. Saliba, Willock, Guendo and also AMN helped improve a really struggling WBA side. That is not a good look on Mikel.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I disagree with the people saying the damage is done with him and the club. I'm pretty confident that he re-signs with us if Arteta and Edu are sacked.

I agree, its Arteta who failed to give him a chance. I don't see why Saliba would hold that against the club.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I disagree with the people saying the damage is done with him and the club. I'm pretty confident that he re-signs with us if Arteta and Edu are sacked.

Not as simple as that anymore.

As others have said, he is having a great season, if he continues, a top club might want him...while we might not even be in Europe for the second straight season again.

Had some hope about him returning, but don't think there is any chance of that now...think he has just had enough of the whole club, tbh.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I agree, its Arteta who failed to give him a chance. I don't see why Saliba would hold that against the club.

Not as simple as @Riou mentioned. Marseille was pushing hard to include an option to buy but Arsenal didn't agree. One can assume that OM did it in agreement with Saliba. I don't think he has very warm feeling for AFC and this not just towards Arteta, starting with the League cup final episode when he was not allowed to play. After his loan season, he will have just two years left and will have leverage. I double he will be in a rush to extend his contract at this time.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Not as simple as @Riou mentioned. Marseille was pushing hard to include an option to buy but Arsenal didn't agree. One can assume that OM did it in agreement with Saliba. I don't think he has very warm feeling for AFC and this not just towards Arteta, starting with the League cup final episode when he was not allowed to play. After his loan season, he will have just two years left and will have leverage. I double he will be in a rush to extend his contract at this time.

Maybe, I guess who replaces Arteta could have an influence. I hate the thought of him leaving without ever being given a chance.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Maybe, I guess who replaces Arteta could have an influence. I hate the thought of him leaving without ever being given a chance.
Whoever does replace Arteta will have to sign a contract extension without ever seeing him play, and Saliba would have to sign it without ever playing a game for Arsenal and without any guarantees it will work for him. We'll be forced to sell early to fetch a decent value or risk losing that transfer money believing he will sign later with us if he likes the new manager and London, but there's gonna be a lot of offers from outside which may unsettle him.
I'll pretend to understand that I can understand why he was sent out on loan last year, but the current loan only suggests that he is finished with Arsenal, we've even invested massive money in BW expecting him to be a starter for years to come.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

merchant.png

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Whoever does replace Arteta will have to sign a contract extension without ever seeing him play, and Saliba would have to sign it without ever playing a game for Arsenal and without any guarantees it will work for him. We'll be forced to sell early to fetch a decent value or risk losing that transfer money believing he will sign later with us if he likes the new manager and London, but there's gonna be a lot of offers from outside which may unsettle him.
I'll pretend to understand that I can understand why he was sent out on loan last year, but the current loan only suggests that he is finished with Arsenal, we've even invested massive money in BW expecting him to be a starter for years to come.

You're probably right but if he joins up next summer under a new manager, it would give us a season to decide to renew or not. He would still have a year left after that so still some value should we sell. We've basically lost 3 years anyway, another 1 wont hurt and could lead to him extending. Obviously the size of the offers after this loan could change everything.

Arson Finger

The only explanation for how this all happened is that last year our scouts told Arteta and Edu "You've got to get William in this team, he will be a huge difference maker, he is really good."
But Arteta and Edu thought they said Willian.
So they overpaid Willian, loaned out Saliba, then sacked the scouts. :lol::facepalm:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Easy solution.
Get that Marseille manager in. Looks like he has them play good football + he’ll bring back Guendouzi and Saliba with him.

win-win

Top Bottom