• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Look at you all gloating after one tweet from fekin Romano lol.

The ball's in his court anyway after this season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

So the club want us to believe they bought a kid for 30 million and best preparation for him is 2 years in french league and he comes back with 2 year left on his deal. that was the plan the whole time. They bought a player 3 years of Arsenals first team for 30 million lol

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Back 3 with White and Gabriel for Conte’s title winning campaign. Orgamsic.

The same way they followed Willlock's progress at Newcastle :shivering:

It does have that whiff of PR bull-sh*t to keep his value up but hopefully I'm wrong.

At least we're talking to him. AMN was kept in the dark during his loan and he wasn't the only one iirc.

Maybe Potter is already putting his plans in motion.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
At least we're talking to him. AMN was kept in the dark during his loan and he wasn't the only one iirc.

Maybe Potter is already putting his plans in motion.
I really want Saliba back at Arsenal. This was one of those signings that I loved from the moment we were linked... Nothing I've seen in his loan spells has changed my mind either, think he's a massive talent. Just very wary... The handling of the situation has felt off - like there was a breakdown in trust between the player and club. Hope I'm wrong though.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I really want Saliba back at Arsenal. This was one of those signings that I loved from the moment we were linked... Nothing I've seen in his loan spells has changed my mind either, think he's a massive talent. Just very wary... The handling of the situation has felt off - like there was a breakdown in trust between the player and club. Hope I'm wrong though.

I think he was very much in jail, and maybe still is. He has been mostly very good in Marseille from what I've seen. Even during the Lens match, where he made mistakes, I felt he still carried himself well.

Would hate for us to lose out on him, but at least this gives the club the kick up the arse it needs. Either we comeback with a decent offer for him to renew or we move him out for near what we paid for him.

Enough loans.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
The Arsenal loan manager tells Saliba they are are following his progress closely
the-office-steve-carell.gif

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I trust action not words. If he's part of our future give him a contract extension and integrate him into the first team in the next pre-season. No more mucking around. If I even see us being linked with another centre back I will lose it.
It’s probably fair to assume that he’s never going to be part of plans if he’s sent out in loan next season. Very sure that won’t happen though. Can see Holding and/or Mari being moved on next summer or earlier.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It's similar to last year's as well. Shows he is consistently brilliant on the ball but doesn't put up high defensive numbers. From the various videos and reports of his game in France, it never sounds like he is making errors or being a defensive passenger. Might be partly down to the way he defends or the role he is asked to do.

I don't think Saliba has anything against our club but he ain't stupid to sign a new contract with Arteta in-charge, the one who exiled him without giving him any sort of look in while playing bums like Mustafi, Holding and Mari over him.

But there is hope he might renew as Arteta is likely gonna get fired in the coming months anyway. FA Cup win and no fans because of Covid saved him last year but the sack looks inevitable in the coming months.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I don't think Saliba has anything against our club but he ain't stupid to sign a new contract with Arteta in-charge, the one who exiled him without giving him any sort of look in while playing bums like Mustafi, Holding and Mari over him.

But there is hope he might renew as Arteta is likely gonna get fired in the coming months anyway. FA Cup win and no fans because of Covid saved him last year but the sack looks inevitable in the coming months.

There is no point blaming Arteta, cause the reality is that we might still need to buy a new center back next summer. Any combination of Gabriel/White/Saliba in the back is asking for trouble cause we desperately need someone more defensively sound and experienced to anchor our defense.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There is no point blaming Arteta, cause the reality is that we might still need to buy a new center back next summer. Any combination of Gabriel/White/Saliba in the back is asking for trouble cause we desperately need someone more defensively sound and experienced to anchor our defense.
Not always the case, we could create a great attacking team rather than looking at winning games 1-0 as we do now. The way things are moving in football I don't see us having good results, we may at least enjoy our football if that's the case by playing with more freedom and less result focused

Top Bottom