• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Edu likes to travel so he probably just wanted to visit France and the fancy restaurants there. We have to remember that the man is an idiot.
The man who signed Martinelli, Ramsdale, White, and Tomi is an idiot....
ok.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Bizarre last few pages, people acting like Saliba is some 5M hidden gem. The kid was £30M and was already killing it for St Etienne, let's not pretend he's gone to a new league and put in the same performances, all he's done is go back to his old club and then moved onto a better club in France.

He had all the chances to stay in the PL and show how good he really is but he went back to a league that isn't a test for him.

People are overreacting, yes he looks class and I think he will be but until he's playing the PL people need to relax.

DasBootist

Bizarre last few pages, people acting like Saliba is some 5M hidden gem. The kid was £30M and was already killing it for St Etienne, let's not pretend he's gone to a new league and put in the same performances, all he's done is go back to his old club and then moved onto a better club in France.

He had all the chances to stay in the PL and show how good he really is but he went back to a league that isn't a test for him.

People are overreacting, yes he looks class and I think he will be but until he's playing the PL people need to relax.
Mari was preferred to Saliba. Mari, bruv

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Right, he was already killing it at St. Etienne, to the point that he was considered at least a level above both Gabriel and Fofana. Just how likely do you think it is that a player who looked superior to both in France would come to England and be any worse than either of them? Saliba is a stud. It's blatantly obvious. The issue is a personal one between him and Lego Mussolini and the club will suffer for it. It has nothing to do with ability. By the way, it's a bit weird to dismiss moving to a bigger club in the same league as not being worthy of discussion because when Ben White was being ragdolled by Brentford players, there were a lot of excuses made about him settling into a bigger club. Strange how that works. One guy gets a pass for not performing but another guy gets no credit for continuing to get better with each new challenge. 🤔

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Cant really see how he comes back anymore... Arteta has his two CBs & a CB playing RB... no way he benches any to play Saliba on a short contract.

On the players side in what world does Saliba renew to play under a guy that literally sat him out for 6 months without any first team assurances?

Add in a very good chance bigger clubs will be eyeing him up... kids done here. :(

DasBootist

Right, he was already killing it at St. Etienne, to the point that he was considered at least a level above both Gabriel and Fofana. Just how likely do you think it is that a player who looked superior to both in France would come to England and be any worse than either of them? Saliba is a stud. It's blatantly obvious. The issue is a personal one between him and Lego Mussolini and the club will suffer for it. It has nothing to do with ability. By the way, it's a bit weird to dismiss moving to a bigger club in the same league as not being worthy of discussion because when Ben White was being ragdolled by Brentford players, there were a lot of excuses made about him settling into a bigger club. Strange how that works. One guy gets a pass for not performing but another guy gets no credit for continuing to get better with each new challenge. 🤔
Have you watched White in action post-Brentford game? He has been mostly excellent and is in the process of forming a rock solid duo with Gabriel.

Reactions: Xln

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It's going to be funny when all of these supposed internal struggles due to Arteta not liking Saliba turns out to be bunk.
You just need to listen to what he says about Saliba in press conferences; judge his actions (how many starts has he had in 2.5 years) and you can see it's not bunk. It's clear as day unfortunately.

Maybe they can make it up but there are very few signs pointing in that direction at the moment.

Batman

Have you watched White in action post-Brentford game? He has been mostly excellent and is in the process of forming a rock solid duo with Gabriel.
He's made plenty of mistakes since. Thankfully most haven't been punished. He's been better but it feels weird to pay more to downgrade from a player we already had on the books who for whatever reason has never been given a chance here. Now would you like to refute what I said about either Saliba's performances or the how 2 players going through the same thing were spoken of differently or did you just want to make a pointless reply to rescue Ben White from criticism?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I've already argued this top point but it's a toss of a coin these days whether some will adapt or not, remember who's coaching this club.

And it’s not about moving from a smaller team to a bigger one, it’s about moving to the premier league. He had an opportunity to do it, experience it, and develop from it but he went and played football in a league we know he's good in.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Ben White? Also, you keep mentioning the Brentford game, we all saw it and since then he's been solid.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
You just need to listen to what he says about Saliba in press conferences; judge his actions (how many starts has he had in 2.5 years) and you can see it's not bunk. It's clear as day unfortunately.

Maybe they can make it up but there are very few signs pointing in that direction at the moment.

Most coaches use coach speak when speaking publicly on things that should remain internal so I don't put much stock into what Arteta says especially since he bumbles around questions that it's hard to even get a grasp on what he's trying to convey. Normally, the coach speak will be a dodge that at least makes some type of sense. Arteta leaves everybody confused.

DasBootist

He's made plenty of mistakes since. Thankfully most haven't been punished. He's been better but it feels weird to pay more to downgrade from a player we already had on the books who for whatever reason has never been given a chance here. Now would you like to refute what I said about either Saliba's performances or the how 2 players going through the same thing were spoken of differently or did you just want to make a pointless reply to rescue Ben White from criticism?
The latter. Jk

There is no point in crying over the past, as time only moves in one direction. As for defensive errors, I guess it proves he is only a human and not the cyborg Brighton promised us

Batman

I've already argued this top point but it's a toss of a coin these days whether some will adapt or not, remember who's coaching this club.

And it’s not about moving from a smaller team to a bigger one, it’s about moving to the premier league. He had an opportunity to do it, experience it, and develop from it but he went and played football in a league we know he's good in.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Ben White? Also, you keep mentioning the Brentford game, we all saw it and since then he's been solid.
Ben White is quite obviously his replacement so the comparison is a natural one. Arteta did not give this kid a chance in spite of his obvious ability. The only reason Saliba doesn't have the same amount of PL experience that Ben White did before we signed him is because Arteta froze him out for no real reason. How do you let a kid rot in the reserves for 6 months while giving game time he could be getting to Mustafi, Kolasinac and Pablo Mari? Saliba chose to work with a coach he felt could develop him because he's probably justifiably preparing for a move away. This narrative that he ran from the challenge of the PL is BS. He got the AMN treatment because he dared to speak out and say that he wanted game time and felt ready to play. There's one bad guy here, not Saliba, not White but Arteta. Have you ever heard a bad word about Saliba from anyone who has coached him? No. How many interpersonal spats have we now seen with Arteta? White is collateral damage because it defies logic that you spend all that money on him when we already had a player on the books who does everything he does as well or better in a larger, stronger body. I actually genuinely have nothing against Ben White personally. The fee isn't his fault and him being Saliba's replacement isn't his fault. I am frustrated that as I see it, the club downgraded needlessly for reasons that don't appear to be related to football but rather one man's enormous, undeserved ego and in doing so allocated resources that were better served going to improving the club rather than further stupid decisions such as a raise and extension for Xhaka.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Too arrogant for his maturity....Sigh.... I don't even understand what does that means.
The guy is playing his best football and has joined the France group. I guess some will always find something to whine about.
He has caused problems almost anywhere he has gone this far, and he is young. It's not hard to understand what I meant.

It's too bad he wasn't mature enough here, but soon might be. Looks more like it in Marseille.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Cant really see how he comes back anymore... Arteta has his two CBs & a CB playing RB... no way he benches any to play Saliba on a short contract.
Tomiyasu & White can both play the RB role here, even Saliba could, but with his height I would prefer him as CB.

So in that sense we do easily have space for Saliba, if the relationship is not ruined. We could not use funds for a RB, but for other positions.

What gives me some hope, is that Arsenal could be one of the top teams who can promise him much game-time. Does someone have examples of other top teams where there is space to start very often?

Some teams with 3 CB tactics of course likely could.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He will be inferior to saliba in the long run. Saliba's passing is already superior. We need to keep all 3, our central defence could be undisputedly the deepest and best in the league in a few years time.

mpower2540

I bet conte will buy him for his back three with Romero and De Vrij
I know it sounds ridiculous but I've had weird feeling Sp**s are keeping a close eye on the situation. Considering they wanted him back in 2019. Saliba might see it as a real opportunity to stick two fingers up at Mikel too. Hope not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom