• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Yeah. That was the nail in the coffin for me. At least retaining the number would have said it is waiting for him when he comes back. Yet they chose to say it is now Ben Whites number. He is our guy. What is even more insane is that he becomes HG after this season I believe? So his value in the squad as a HG player is of the same status.

His ceiling is so high. Arteta saw him in training and thought he wasn't good enough. Then again he probably isn't according to Arteta as players who are good enough, namely, Holding, Chambers, Mari, Runnarson, Willian, Ceballos, Cedric, Elneny and Xhaka. It's basically who he gets on with the most.

Pepe, Auba, Nelson, Gabriel, AMN, Saliba, Guendouzi, Torreira and Willock have all had their separate issues with Arteta. They aren't yes men. That is a problem for Arteta.
Don't think he qualifies as HG as he hasn't remained in England for the 3 year period.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I remember someone saying we registered him when we bought him before we loaned him back to France.

We would be absolute idiots to not register him the season after. But it wouldn't surprise me.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
The level of anger and disapointment i get in this thread.
Arteta sent this lad on loan and genuinly thought Holding, and spending £50M on a Love Island reject, was a better option.
Just hope the next manager can somehow persuade Saliba to stay.
I just can't trust arteta in or edu decision making any longer with regards to managing the squad or recruitment. There has been so many shocking decisions and I just feel the longer we leave him in control, the more difficult it will be for the next manager.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Every week without fail when Guendouzi played a few posters here would moan he is a headless chicken. Is he now the finished article?

chessygoal

Every week without fail when Guendouzi played a few posters here would moan he is a headless chicken. Is he now the finished article?
He's exactly the same. Very active, some good stuff, some bad stuff. But it's easier for him in Sampaoli's system, he has a lot of freedom and space to find good passing lanes.
It's the same for Saliba, 3atb in a balll dominant side is a good fit for him, I wouldn't read too much into their performance.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Had a text from my friend Ray Ray in France who reckons he’s the best defender he’s ever seen. Marseille fans hopeful Arsenal are stupid enough to sell or even do a swap with that Croatian lad they’ve got.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
What do you think will happen with Saliba? How many years does he have left on his contract, 2? Lets say White & Gabriel cement the 1st choice pairing this season, he comes back, plays a season as back up for a season, he then has 1 year left. I really don't like where this is heading, i think he'll be sold and we'll end up regretting it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I personally think Saliba is gone. It would probably take a new manager having to convince him to stay as I think he's unhappy not just with Arteta but the club as well.

He's really impressing again in France and will have a pick of sides interested next summer. There's no doubt the club messed up badly with this one but nothing we can do about it now.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I personally think Saliba is gone. It would probably take a new manager having to convince him to stay as I think he's unhappy not just with Arteta but the club as well.

He's really impressing again in France and will have a pick of sides interested next summer. There's no doubt the club messed up badly with this one but nothing we can do about it now.
Lets hope we at least get a big fee from someone like PSG.

Top Bottom