• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You have to hope that next season, we have Europe and that White/Gabriel/Saliba are the three main CBs, with Holding and Tomiyasu providing cover. That's a very good crop of CB's tbh.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I really want to share everyone's optimism about the potential of Saliba's return, but one of the clear giveaways of his inevitable sale or potential transfer out of the club is the fact his shirt number was just handed over to the new CB with less potential,

As insignificant as some of you would believe it is, for me it's a clear indication that the current regime have no plans for him, you don't announce players with saucy introduction edits then two seasons later revoke the shirt it was built on...this is a major **** up by the club.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I just watched a highlight of his performance against PSG. Seems like the club is responsible for some of the biggest mismanagement of a young player in the last 5 years or so.
How do you spend 50 mil on White when you have this guy waiting to come in and lock attackers up in the league? Boggles the mind.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Saliba has the best attributes of Gabriel and White in one player. However he obviously doesn't have a personality that Arteta can manage. I am desperately hoping Arteta can rectify this as it will be so disappointing to lose such a world class talent who could potentially lead our defence over the next decade as a result of personality/political reasons.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I am desperately hoping Arteta can rectify this as it will be so disappointing to lose such a world class talent who could potentially lead our defence over the next decade as a result of personality/political reasons.
I, on the other hand, am desperately hoping he gets sacked before the season ends so we don't lose a quality CB and we can play actual attacking football. :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The problem here is Saliba is at a stage now where he knows he starts for a lot of other clubs so he'll need assurances before he commits here.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
The problem here is Saliba is at a stage now where he knows he starts for a lot of other clubs so he'll need assurances before he commits here.

Arteta will only assure him of 95% chance of a place in the side for next season :). Saliba will leave and then Ben White will then be linked with a move away the following season.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I really want to share everyone's optimism about the potential of Saliba's return, but one of the clear giveaways of his inevitable sale or potential transfer out of the club is the fact his shirt number was just handed over to the new CB with less potential,

As insignificant as some of you would believe it is, for me it's a clear indication that the current regime have no plans for him, you don't announce players with saucy introduction edits then two seasons later revoke the shirt it was built on...this is a major **** up by the club.
I hope it's been agreed he takes #2 when Bellerin is sold. It's what he's wearing at Marseille. Or that White switches to #2. Or that Saliba doesn't care about shirt numbers since he's elite and doesn't actually need a shirt.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

He makes defending sexy ffs.

I hate Arteta
Even though he did well there, I'm most impressed with his passing ability and calmness on the ball.

Arteta forces the team to play it from the back, and at the same time, he sends out on loan his best CB on the ball and plays Mari and Holding who are scared to death when receiving the ball... Arteta is so dumb it's unbelievable

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Love the talkSport title:

Arsenal’s William Saliba celebrates goal-saving tackle on Kylian Mbappe during PSG vs Marseille, with defender who can’t get a game under Mikel Arteta described as ‘future great of French football’ :lol:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The hope has to be that Saliba is so good on loan that he becomes impossible to ignore or sell - either because the other Arsenal higher ups overrule Arteta, or because he realises that Saliba is going to be winning him football matches.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The hope has to be that Saliba is so good on loan that he becomes impossible to ignore or sell - either because the other Arsenal higher ups overrule Arteta, or because he realises that Saliba is going to be winning him football matches.

Or Zidane only takes the job on condition that Saliba is recalled.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Saliba already proved himself impossible to ignore nearly 2 and a half years ago which promoted us to go out and spend £30 million on a teenage CB.

GLITCH

I have the dreaded feeling he will sold. Which will be sickening because it won't be because he's not good enough, but because Arteta. Hope I'm wrong.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Saliba already proved himself impossible to ignore nearly 2 and a half years ago which promoted us to go out and spend £30 million on a teenage CB.

Some Artetasexuals tried to claim that it was a "dodgy deal" and that we spent to much money on him. We didnt. He is the real deal and have always been. The White signing looks more and more like a big joke.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom