• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Love how the general opinion of arsenal fans is that we are hard on youngsters and not willing to be patient

And of course then there is constant moaning about a 19 year old not being brought in to be our saviour. Give him time ffs, he shows he has all the tools and if the club are trying to protect him from the classic meltdown of fans when he inevitably makes mistakes I’m all for it.

Plenty of time to bed him in. The same arsenal fans raging he’s going out on loan to develop at 19 instead of jumping straight into the team would most likely be the first ones to call him out when he ****s up.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I thought this guy was Varane level talent who we thought was good enough last season, but they refused and we agreed one year loan cause he was so special. We were in dire need of CB that season and we had to make that sacrifice because this guy was so special. And even after 12 month spending 30 million on him, he cant even make the squad?

What a waste of resources

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Love how the general opinion of arsenal fans is that we are hard on youngsters and not willing to be patient

And of course then there is constant moaning about a 19 year old not being brought in to be our saviour. Give him time ffs, he shows he has all the tools and if the club are trying to protect him from the classic meltdown of fans when he inevitably makes mistakes I’m all for it.

Plenty of time to bed him in. The same arsenal fans raging he’s going out on loan to develop at 19 instead of jumping straight into the team would most likely be the first ones to call him out when he ****s up.

The problem isnt him going on loan. It's going back to France that's the problem.

Also the fact that we cant improve our starting 11 today because we spent 30m on someone who may be good in 3-4 years is also the problem. He was meant to be signed as a generational talent. That doesnt look like the case. It looks like hes good in the French League for mid table teams but not good enough for a PL top 6-8 team.

GunnerShy

The problem isnt him going on loan. It's going back to France that's the problem.

Also the fact that we cant improve our starting 11 today because we spent 30m on someone who may be good in 3-4 years is also the problem. He was meant to be signed as a generational talent. That doesnt look like the case. It looks like hes good in the French League for mid table teams but not good enough for a PL top 6-8 team.

You're last comment is garbage. Nothing about this suggests he is or isn't a generational talent. Give me your list of 19 year old centrebacks playing at a big club in the PL.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You're last comment is garbage. Nothing about this suggests he is or isn't a generational talent. Give me your list of 19 year old centrebacks playing at a big club in the PL.

I'm not saying he has to play every match for us. I'm saying that if he is so good. If at 18 he was worth 30m then he must have something about him. Now are you telling me that if you put him beside Luiz against Dundalk in the Europa league or alongside Holding home to Accrington in the FA cup he cant manage?

Are you telling me keeping him around the club, learning Artetas philosophy, learning the language etc isnt valuable. Playing up against Auba and Laca in training every day? He could even go on loan in January to an English team.

But to send him on another loan to France is useless. We know he can perform in that farmers league. He needs to be preparing for English football. Simple as.

GunnerShy

I'm not saying he has to play every match for us. I'm saying that if he is so good. If at 18 he was worth 30m then he must have something about him. Now are you telling me that if you put him beside Luiz against Dundalk in the Europa league or alongside Holding home to Accrington in the FA cup he cant manage?

Are you telling me keeping him around the club, learning Artetas philosophy, learning the language etc isnt valuable. Playing up against Auba and Laca in training every day? He could even go on loan in January to an English team.

But to send him on another loan to France is useless. We know he can perform in that farmers league. He needs to be preparing for English football. Simple as.

I think I've said it in this post, I want to see us play him. Luiz, Gabriel, Holding, Saliba. - That should be the pecking order.

If it's personal issues due to circumstances, at 19 I can accept that. If it's Arteta not being willing to play an inexperienced centreback I can understand it, but frankly I disagree with it.

He can play 25-30 odd games easily enough. I think he should do it here. He will make mistakes that cost us points but bugger me how many points has Luiz cost us..

I don't make the decisions. I just don't think this points to his ability/inability. But as I said if we loan him back to France again we should be extending his contract. Give and take

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think I've said it in this post, I want to see us play him. Luiz, Gabriel, Holding, Saliba. - That should be the pecking order.

If it's personal issues due to circumstances, at 19 I can accept that. If it's Arteta not being willing to play an inexperienced centreback I can understand it, but frankly I disagree with it.

He can play 25-30 odd games easily enough. I think he should do it here. He will make mistakes that cost us points but bugger me how many points has Luiz cost us..

I don't make the decisions. I just don't think this points to his ability/inability. But as I said if we loan him back to France again we should be extending his contract. Give and take

Yeah. And reducing his salary. If hes gonna provide no service for us now he can go on an academy wage. Not a senior players wage.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I dont wish it upon anyone let alone a young person, AM knows nothing!!
I lost a brother at 16, moved away, then a parent at 19, changed my city again, then lost my country at 20, forced a change in both education as well as location (for obvious reasons) lost another brother at 25, a nephew, at 28, a brother in law at 32, another brother in law at 33. Just in the past 3 years I have lost my one remaining parent, my uncle, my grandmother and another cousin.

You want to talk to me about loss? Don't fecking bother.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I lost a brother at 16, moved away, then a parent at 19, changed my city again, then lost my country at 20, forced a change in both education as well as location (for obvious reasons) lost another brother at 25, a nephew, at 28, a brother in law at 32, another brother in law at 33. Just in the past 3 years I have lost my one remaining parent, my uncle, my grandmother and another cousin.

Im sorry to hear that!!

GunnerShy

Awful. And people in countries like the UK, Aus have the nerve to criticise refugees who flee their country for a better life..

What is clear is that every loss is different and every person processes and copes with loss differently. There's no clear right or wrong way to deal with it and all the club can do is provide support and understanding.

I'm excited by him and am willing to be patient. I just.dont want him to go to another English club. Perhaps a loan until the January window would be a better option? The club will make the right decision for his welfare though I'm sure.

GunnerShy

Yeah. And reducing his salary. If hes gonna provide no service for us now he can go on an academy wage. Not a senior players wage.
If he's on loan the other club will pick his wages up or at least most of it.

Let me ask you a question. If your mother died and you were struggling to adapt to a new country due to homesickness and your parent club tried to cut your wages restricting your ability to provide for your family in france, what do.you think that would do to your relationship with Arsenal??

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If he's on loan the other club will pick his wages up or at least most of it.

Let me ask you a question. If your mother died and you were struggling to adapt to a new country due to homesickness and your parent club tried to cut your wages restricting your ability to provide for your family in france, what do.you think that would do to your relationship with Arsenal??

Yeah I'm being harsh on him. However hes probably on significant more money on an Arsenal contract than on a mid table french teams contract. He is providing nothing to us.

The way things have worked out it's clear that last summer between him and Pepe was a huge huge disaster. 100m spent on 2 players who have contributed nothing to the team so far and who look like they will be offering very little again this year. That 100m is Partey and Aoaur and while hindsight is a wonderful thing clearly talent wise Saliba isnt ready now. And Pepe isnt good enough.

While everything Liverpool did over the last couple or years has came off each move we seem to be making is again the wrong move. That could also be going for Aoaur when we could have Partey. But who knows.

GunnerShy

Yeah I'm being harsh on him. However hes probably on significant more money on an Arsenal contract than on a mid table french teams contract. He is providing nothing to us.

The way things have worked out it's clear that last summer between him and Pepe was a huge huge disaster. 100m spent on 2 players who have contributed nothing to the team so far and who look like they will be offering very little again this year. That 100m is Partey and Aoaur and while hindsight is a wonderful thing clearly talent wise Saliba isnt ready now. And Pepe isnt good enough.

While everything Liverpool did over the last couple or years has came off each move we seem to be making is again the wrong move. That could also be going for Aoaur when we could have Partey. But who knows.
I think it's fair to criticise the club on Pepe.

Looks £20m over the odds. And the bloke who negotiated the deal has now been sacked.

As for Saliba whilst that comment is fair, like I mentioned earlier there are some unforeseeable circumstances. In any case, it's more important we develop him properly rather than quickly but I don't believe he couldn't start now in many games . It may be Arteta's preference. He might be one of the few CBs we can actually loan out too.

It all points to awful squad planning regardless.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think it's fair to criticise the club on Pepe.

Looks £20m over the odds. And the bloke who negotiated the deal has now been sacked.

As for Saliba whilst that comment is fair, like I mentioned earlier there are some unforeseeable circumstances. In any case, it's more important we develop him properly rather than quickly but I don't believe he couldn't start now in many games . It may be Arteta's preference. He might be one of the few CBs we can actually loan out too.

It all points to awful squad planning regardless.

Yeah 100% agree. No real logic or planning. It's like ok. Nobody wants Partey let's go for him. Oh wait we dont have 45m. Nobody want Aouar. Let's try him. Oh wait we dont have 50m not even 20m to pay for the initial fee. It's a joke.

Arteta isn't gonna get anymore out of this team than 6th/7th and a cup run. Hope out the window again.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Even with all that's been discussed (mother passing, culture change, not many minutes last season), this still doesn't make much sense, Our current options at CB aren't exactly stellar for him to not even get minutes in the carabao cup, but then potentially get a loan to rennes who are currently a champions league team, makes even less sense, something is not adding up here....

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Even with all that's been discussed (mother passing, culture change, not many minutes last season), this still doesn't make much sense, Our current options at CB aren't exactly stellar for him to not even get minutes in the carabao cup, but then potentially get a loan to rennes who are currently a champions league team, makes even less sense, something is not adding up here....

This is what I dont understand. You keep Saliba unless Mustafi, Mari, Holding, Gabriel and Luiz are all better than him right at this moment. And if that is true it is worrying.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Saliba could turn out to be an amazing signing but I'm shocked that we're spending £25m on a prospect who we're not going to play. We're not city, psg or real. We can't afford to spend that kind of cash on prospects.

If we had that £25m right now we'd probably have at least one of aouar or partey in the bag by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom