• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I said in a previous post that if we absolutely need to send Saliba on loan then it should be an English club so he quickly adjusts to English football. However, in no way did I want him to go play under one of the worst coaches in Scott Parker ffs. Guy dresses like he’s just had a court case. If the whole point of sending him out on loan was to protect him why give him to the worst club in the PL? It makes no sense. He’ll be surrounded by idiots and chances are his career and reputation will take a hit.

Keplaz

If he is going on loan in the PL then he should stay with us. There's no point in him being able to play in this league and not do that with us.

If Fofana who isn't at the same level as him can play for Leicester, Saliba can play for Arsenal. I don't think he should be going on loan this season. Stay and develop here. He will be needed, guaranteed.

KenyanGoon

Personally I think a loan to Fulham would be very good for him. He would get a proper taste of English football, in a club where he plays as long as he is fit. With a lot less pressure on him. He would also stay in London learning the language, the culture, English weather etc. I would like him to come in and improve their leaky defence. Might not save them from relegation, but like Chambers did before, it would prove an invaluable experience.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If he was playing regularly for St Etienne last year then he needs to continue playing to develop whether it's here or in France. We'll be halting his progress if he never plays.

jvw

He should be getting game time with us in cups etc but if for some reason he simply isn't up to that, Fulham is the one club I might consider loaning him to, with a recall clause. **** team so we know he'll play and have plenty of work to do, and he won't hurt us. While he gets to live in London and acclimatise himself to the place and learn the language and the league.

idan

Cups,EL and an odd PL game will give him 15+ games, for first season
its ok, no point in loaning him.

say yes

forum master baiter
I’ve come round to loaning this guy out tbh.

Playing regularly is the most important thing for him right now, and I don’t think it’s wise to pair two novices to the league like him and Gabriel together.

Could get minutes in a back 3, but (a) I think Arteta wants to move away from that formation; and (b) Holding is a solid and safe pick there, who knows what Mikel wants.

Bit annoying given the money we spent on him but if the hype is real it could still be good value. Just need to hope we find the right team for him. Should definitely be a prem team so he acclimatises to the league, and hopefully someone better than Fulham.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He lost his mother recently so we need to do what's best for him as a human being and his mental health. If it's a loan back to France so he's in comfortable surroundings then we should do that. I would still prefer him to stay with us and there are quite a few young guys in the senior squad for him to bond with to help him cope by forming some new relationships. It could help him. Sending him off to some scrub PL team in a new league, new country, different language, etc wouldn't be the smart move, imo.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I have never lost my mother, thank God, so I dont know how that affect you and i dont want to know either. But i can imagine that its absolutely horrible and if it helps the lad in his mourning process to be in a familiar and less pressing situation i think we should loan him back to France.

Moleque

A car depreciates in value the minute you drive it off the lot though.

Saliba has all the tools to become a fantastic centre half. Whilst there's no guarantees in football, could easily be worth 50m in a few years.
So do all our players it seems, based on our recent sales (or lack of sales)

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If he needs family support and its not viable for them to move here, then we must send him back. As @Tosker said, give ourselves the option of a recall in January. Or we just send him home on gardening leave and tell him to come back in January. Sad that this season is looking like a write off for him and us. How many years left on his contract :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Loan back to St Etienne says we looked at him and thought “nah not ready at all”. Hes clearly not the Mbappe of defenders or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom