<

William Saliba (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by yousif_arsenal, Oct 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

2. American_Gooner

@GDeep™ what do you think of a Championship loan?

3. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Only for good team really team that fighting for Promotion.

4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

With a manager we can trust to take care of him. Pull him out if he needs etc. No point sending to a club where they will just throw him in and just use/abuse him, think he’s too young for that.

Championship will toughen him up.

Impact and American_Gooner like this.
  5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

A club like Norwich maybe, he can replace Ben Godfrey.

Impact likes this.
  6. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

If he is going to be loaned to a championship club that means his mental state is positive which would be a great sign.

7. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Stupid.

Lad was exceptional in Ligue 1, why send him down to the Championship?

Artisan and Sanis like this.
  8. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

so he can get plenty of game time and also get used to English football and England. We can then bring him into the first team next season.

Impact likes this.
  9. billyf

billyf Well-Known Member

I believe Leeds and Bielsa is the most suitable club for our youngsters to be loaned at.

10. American_Gooner

Experience. He won't play every week here, whereas in the Championship he can acclimatise away from the media glare. If he was making mistakes in the PL, it could destroy him mentally.

Impact and say yes like this.
  11. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Not sure I'm convinced by the acclimatisation argument, or rather, not convinced sending Saliba down to a league that's beneath his talent level for the sake of acclimatisation is a good idea.

Artisan, Sanis and Dutch D like this.
  12. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Completely agree.

We already gave him a year to continue his development in a known environment. We should just create the right circumstances in our own squad to slowly introduce him. Use this half year to play him alongside a more experienced CB against the smaller teams, if he does well give him more gametime. If he doesn't do too well, focus on cup and Europa.

Our current crop of CB's is a bunch of plumbers and Gabriel. If he's as good as he's said to be he'll fit in in no time at all.

13. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

I dont get this beneath his talent level argument
    He will up against tough STs that will challenge him aerially and physically, on a level he has never been challenged before. Surely this is a good step for him
    At Arsenal he would get little or no game time, loan him out and let him get experience and game time makes sense to me

14. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

I think Norwich or Bournemouth would be good for him tbh. I’d rather he play every week than just hang about the club.

15. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief Trusted

Expecting anything from him this season was extremely hooeful

He's a teenage centre back

16. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Typical English arrogance.

This kid put in some commanding performances at Ligue 1 level, and you think the likes of Deeney and Murray will be a challenge for him?

Artisan likes this.
  17. Goonger

Goonger Well-Known Member

By the time he gets a game in the Championship it will be the middle of October. Will only be 10 weeks from the January window opening.

Why not keep him for the Europa League group stage games, while Mari, Chambers & Mustafi are coming back from injury? Mari might be back first so a combo of him & Saliba would have good balance.

Then, in January, we can reassess then, & get him a loan in the EPL if need be.

Sebastes and field442 like this.
  18. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Would like to see Saliba stay, honestly I can't think of anyone who could make more mistakes than Luiz. He shouldve had a red against Sheffield Utd and was at fault for the goal we conceded. We're so used to his ****ness that we over look how crap he is.

19. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

Personally I think he should be playing the 6 Europa League games then I’d consider loaning him out in January.

20. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Troy Deeney has consistently been a challenge to top level PL defenders. Watford being relegated doesn’t negate that reality.

Trilly and The Escaped Ape like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.