<

William Saliba (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by yousif_arsenal, Oct 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

Not going anywhere according to Ornstein.

Camron and say yes like this.
  2. field442

I can see why Football London have brought in Chris Wheatley to cover Arsenal :rofl:

3. Preacher

Preacher Always Crying

If Saliba is really staying, so why the f*ck he wasn't registered in the Europa League.

Gooner1988TK, lufere7 and Rasmi like this.
  4. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

Yeah that is absolutely ridiculous...i guess Carabao Cup it is?

Rapid Wienna, Dundalk and the other team would be perfect for him, on paper. No pressure.

MikeVinna likes this.
  5. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

We really needed those 5 GKs

6. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Right Sometimes

8m loyalty bonus ?
    People still saying Özil just loves Arsenal :lol:

7. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

He should be paying us a Loyalty Bonus!

8. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Tbh I think there's more chance he goes on loan than not. We havent registered him in EL is an indicator.

9. field442

It’s not long until the January window. Might as well keep him here and then let him have 5 months at St Etienne. If they fix it so he moves as soon as the window opens he’ll have 21 games to play in for them (excluding any cup games). I’d rather that than panic and stick him in a Championship team.

It’s not really a surprise he wasn’t registered for the EL. He wasn’t eligible for the B list and would’ve taken up one of the 17 spots for non-locally trained players on the A list. They left Sokratis out so that would’ve meant leaving out another senior CB (Mari or Mustafi) which was never going to happen.

As I said, a loan move to Ligue 1 in January and getting 15-20 games is probably more preferable than 30-40 games in the Championship.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  10. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

Ornstein reporting that he is likely to stay until at least January.

Feels like madness that he wasn't named in the EL squad if this is the case!?!?

11. daron christie

daron christie Active Member

Starting to question the bosses man management ( different from coaching )

12. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Better wait until January maybe opportunity for Saint Etienne to do a deal. I hope we try him for some europa league games.

13. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

Blame the other side for us using the Covid situation as excuse to get out of paying them a clause they would be rightfully owed if the situation was normal? Tin pot club stuff.

14. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

If if if. Business is business, and the reality is that the clause didn't get active. Too bad for them, I'm sure Saliba understands this and how it helps his current team to have those 2,5 million.

St. Etienne still got good amount of money for an 18 year old with not much experience. As a club you can't just throw around 2,5 million here and there, just to be a good guy.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  15. Artisan

Business being business doesn't make it any less scummy. Even the club knew it was scummy, that's why they were trying to downplay the financial aspect and released fake PR in the press that it was about Saliba's fitness.

But hey, I'm sure Saliba understands being deprived the chance of playing a historic final for the club he grew up at and supported since it allowed us the chance to sign Runarsson.

16. drippin

Well he could've got injured in the match (like he has been this year) so there were only downsides to let him play. But keep blaming the club you claim to support in favour of some club in France.

17. Artisan

If being a mindless drone who can never acknowledge when the club does something ****ty is what makes you a good fan, then just call me a **** fan and keep being a superfan

18. drippin

You seem to be the mindless drone, not understanding all the factors at hand in this deal.

I'm pretty sure Arsenal would have let him play if St. Etienne didn't want the 2,5 million for it.

19. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

This whole saga is completely bizarre.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  20. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

Only thing I can think of we are demanding he start enough games from the loan club and they refuse to accept that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.