• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

He was deemed better than Fofana. Fofana has proved more than capable to player PL football and EL. He's basically same age not like he's 3 years older.

There cannot be that much difference in level that one is starting for a top 4-5 side and one is playing kids football.
Then something else is going on because if he was even close to that level he should have had minutes by now.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

They don’t want to extend trash, I think the plan is to highlight a top partner for Gabriel - Konate, Upamacano have been mentioned.

Most of the guys you mentioned will leave for free.

We're not getting either of them. :lol:

Even if we did there's still a place for Saliba.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Gabriel, New Guy, Mari and Holding will be the 4 going into next season. Two starters and two guys who are happy and decent back ups.

This is what I think too, they will be looking for that partner for Gabriel this summer for sure.

In an ideal World Saliba stays on as 5th choice as 4 central defenders is a little thin. If he is happy with that arrangement and we get semi decent fees for Chambers and the forgotten man Mavropanos it could be doable.

Two top class starters, 2 able backups and a highly rated prospect sounds like the perfect balance to me.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Two top class starters, 2 able backups and a highly rated prospect sounds like the perfect balance to me.
We can’t afford that though, considering the midfield will need to be built, we probably need two top midfielders.

Saliba will have to be sold to fund the new partner for Gabriel.

This isn’t conspiracy or over dramatising, as some are saying, Saliba hasn’t played a minute and French sources are saying a permanent departure has been discussed.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
He is not good enough, period.
We are developing Saka (who is probably our most picked up player atm), Holding is almost there, Martinelli, Smith Rowe, AMN, and Willock all getting more than enough gametime. The youth project is still alive and running.
So much rubbish going on in this forum lately.

MaraDon

Then something else is going on because if he was even close to that level he should have had minutes by now.
He is probably not there yet, he wants first-team football and we are in a crisis at the moment we are not in a position to take a gamble on a player that our first coach does not believe in.
People moaning about a player that they haven't even watched.
embarrassing.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
He is not good enough, period.
We are developing Saka (who is probably our most picked up player atm), Holding is almost there, Martinelli, Smith Rowe, AMN, and Willock all getting more than enough gametime. The youth project is still alive and running.
So much rubbish going on in this forum lately.

All of them started their development a few seasons ago. ESR, AMN, Willock debuted under Wenger. Emery gave chances to Saka and Martineli. Had it been Arteta at the helm do you think he'd hand debutes to those 5 players that early? Or they'd be deemed not good enough as well?

blaze_of_glory

He is probably not there yet, he wants first-team football and we are in a crisis at the moment we are not in a position to take a gamble on a player that our first coach does not believe in.
embarrassing.
I could understand if we were talking just league games, but just very odd he's not ready for even the cups given how highly rated he apparently was in France.

MaraDon

I could understand if we were talking just league games, but just very odd he's not ready for even the cups given how highly rated he apparently was in France.
Maybe mentally he is not there. Maybe he is like a Guendouzi, super talented but not committed enough. We have enough of those players in Song, Vela, Bendtner, Fabregas, Wilshere, the list goes on.
Again, he is a young CB, we took a gamble in the market, it did not paid off, it can happen.
Mari looks solid, Holding is currently our best CB, we have Chambers coming in, Luiz, Gabriel, we are packed.

MaraDon

All of them started their development a few seasons ago. ESR, AMN, Willock debuted under Wenger. Emery gave chances to Saka and Martineli. Had it been Arteta at the helm do you think he'd hand debutes to those 5 players that early? Or they'd be deemed not good enough as well?
Saka is 1000% an Arteta project.
if you don't see that I feel sorry for you.

MaraDon

I mean, bashing Arteta for not giving young players a chance is like scrapping the barrel people. We have more than enough reasons to criticize him, Team selection is hardly one.
He is making Moh work again, he made Xhaka stepped up every time he slips. He made Saka flourish with confidence, Tierney is having a great season, Bellerin is probably the best RB in the league and we managed to keep him.
I just don't get it.

MaraDon

The point is Arteta is doing his best with the dross that we have, we have an excuse of a team with almost 10 senior players that are here only to suck on wages and that could not care less about the club.
Give him time, things are happening, we need a steady project, we need intelligent fans and some of you need to stop playing Fifa, turn off AFTV and actually watch football games.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
you said that Arteta would not promote young players.
He created England's most exciting prospect for 2020.

So far he didn't promote a young player. He got Saka and Martinelli on a plate and ESR had to rely on a once in a lifetime stroke of luck + a streak of 8 games with zero wins.

It's not a meltdown it's a genuine concern and not only Arteta is involved. We have a 30 million highly rated defender who was misteriously ghosted. Fans can be concerned, no?

TornadoTed

Established Member
We can’t afford that though, considering the midfield will need to be built, we probably need two top midfielders.

Saliba will have to be sold to fund the new partner for Gabriel.

This isn’t conspiracy or over dramatising, as some are saying, Saliba hasn’t played a minute and French sources are saying a permanent departure has been discussed.

Yes it is looking likely that he will leave, it was more my preferred option than what I expect to be honest. If selling him gives us the funds to sign a player a level above Holding and improves our defence significantly then everyone will soon forget him!

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

you said that Arteta would not promote young players.
He created England's most exciting prospect for 2020.
Behave, he definitely did not create him. Bukayo isn't showing anything that he didn't under Unai or Freddie and that speaks more on Bukayo than it does on anyone else. He's simply that talented, to give Arteta the credit of 'creating' him is simply ridiculous.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

embarrassing.
People dismissing a player that they haven't even watched is equally as embarrassing. For a player we shelled over 30M for, he absolutely deserves an opportunity (league cup, europa etc.). Mind you, not expecting him to jump in and play week in and week out in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom