• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I see a lot of comments we bought him for the future really spending 30 million for the future?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the problem here is non of Sokratis Chambers Mustafi have left they could still leave but that will leave us with Holding Luiz Mari And Gabriel. Saliba could find it complicated to get game time i think loan him to Rennes who will be starter they play in CL too would be huge experience there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't want to compare but age is just a number for me just look at De Ligt. If you are ready you should be ready
Saliba and De ligt totally different de ligt was playing always and in dutch league we can't throw Saliba in deep end and expect him to preform in PL.

TornadoTed

Established Member
By all accounts he is a young boy who just recently lost his mum. That can be incredibly hard to deal with for anyone, let alone someone at his age who also has just moved to a new country.

Totally agree, footballers are human too. I have lost both my parents, my Dad a month before my 18th Birthday so at a similar age to Saliba. It took me a good 6 months to snap out of the numbness.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I'd prefer a Pl or Championship loan.. Although Rennes wouldn't be too bad, he'll get CL experience so that's a positive at least..

Paddy from Sweden

I said it a few pages back but I don't think this would be entirely for football reasons. I don't think he is considered mentally ready because of a load of personal **** he has dealt with recently. Think it might be premature to kick off about it.

I also really doubt Arteta would see a few training sessions and **** him off without giving him a chance when Gabriel has gone straight in.
And knowing that so many Arsenal fans lack patience I think Arteta is doing the wise thing here. Otherwise we might have another Xhaka/Mustafi situation on our hands. Cause some fans wouldn't care if he's lost his mom and maybe isn't mentally ready. It's all about showing how much they care through booing and abusing the players.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'd prefer a Pl or Championship loan.. Although Rennes wouldn't be too bad, he'll get CL experience so that's a positive at least..
Somebody at the club thought he was capable. He's an adult, he's played 36 games for St Etienne, we paid nearly £30m. We're not a charity and most of our CBs are not good enough, that's clear.

Play him.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Somebody at the club thought he was capable. He's an adult, he's played 36 games for St Etienne, we paid nearly £30m. We're not a charity and most of our CBs are not good enough, that's clear.

Play him.

That "somebody" is not here anymore i would guess.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That "somebody" is not here anymore i would guess.
There must be a meeting where the transfer team present the reasons why a particular footballer is worth all these millions to the coach, managing director and certain members of the board for it be signed off. Those reasons should bear scrutiny, and if Sven, Raul or Uncle Tom Cobbly leaves the club, they still stand. Else a club is very badly run.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Totally agree, footballers are human too. I have lost both my parents, my Dad a month before my 18th Birthday so at a similar age to Saliba. It took me a good 6 months to snap out of the numbness.
Same here. My mom died in December 2018 and I was a mess for a good 8 months.
What helped me out was music, working out like a madman and a dose of shrooms in the summer, which took out the doom and gloom out of my head.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I can't believe the stuff I'm reading here. People are acting like Arteta can't estimate when Saliba is over the death of a close one and ready to play mentally.

Leicester is rumoured to be buying Fofana for more money and he has similar experience as Saliba and is half a year older.

Soyuncu is 5 years older than Saliba and didn't basically play for a year when he came to EPL.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Essentially tells me he isnt good enough and we aren't gonna ruin him like we did with Holding and Chambers.

Why are you jumping the gun so quickly, I remember you were ferouciously defending Tierney last year when he had a very hard start to his Arsenal career????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom