• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Ornstein said a "close one" died ~half a year ago. Rumours it was his mom.

Other stuff might be injuries and moving to a new country.
In the presser today a journo asked Arteta that question. Very bluntly I might add.

He did not comment on that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Well it's definitely not a question of quality. He was a starter in Ligue1, and he handled our pre-season game against Charlton easily. Definitely good enough to play in our early FA cup/Europa games so it must be non-football related.

Disappointing, especially because you want him developing ASAP but is what it is. We need to extend his contract by a little bit next summer then.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Well it's definitely not a question of quality. He was a starter in Ligue1, and he handled our pre-season game against Charlton easily. Definitely good enough to play in our early FA cup/Europa games so it must be non-football related.

Disappointing, especially because you want him developing ASAP but is what it is. We need to extend his contract by a little bit next summer then.

The guy was making fools out of Ligue 1 player at 18, he's absolutely good enough for Europa/FA Cup. I think Arsenal have realised though he won't get as much game time this year as first thought because we can't get rid of CB's. It makes sense, it's just such a shame.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The guy was making fools out of Ligue 1 player at 18, he's absolutely good enough for Europa/FA Cup. I think Arsenal have realised though he won't get as much game time this year as first thought because we can't get rid of CB's. It makes sense, it's just such a shame.
He must be bang average then if he can't squeeze into our CB roster. Would have thought Arteta would be desperate for him to start alongside Gabriel.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Do we know what the personal sh*t is?

Arteta said this. I also heard it was his mum that died but very much a rumour.

Gunners boss Mikel Arteta hinted at Saliba's departure following the game against Liverpool, while also explaining the reasons behind his lack of action so far.

"He had a year last year where Arsenal loaned him to St Etienne and that was a transition year for him," Arteta said.

"For many reasons, that wasn't the transition year that he needed because he had a lot of injuries, some personal injuries and also with COVID and the French league getting cancelled, he didn't have that year.

"He needs that year of transition and we are trying to make the right decisions for him to give him the best transitional year for him to have the player we want in our future."

Breezy

He must be bang average then if he can't squeeze into our CB roster. Would have thought Arteta would be desperate for him to start alongside Gabriel.

Saliba is the real deal trust me. I doubt this has anything to do with adaptation and is more of personal issue.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
His Mum died back in May obviously leaving his home and coming to a new country at the age of 19 will be tough for him to do.

People really do underestimate a players mental state just because they're footballers.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
His Mum died back in May obviously leaving his home and coming to a new country at the age of 19 will be tough for him to do.

People really do underestimate a players mental state just because they're footballers.
I bet the Frenchman nearest his age hasn't helped him much either

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Arteta said this. I also heard it was his mum that died but very much a rumour.

Gunners boss Mikel Arteta hinted at Saliba's departure following the game against Liverpool, while also explaining the reasons behind his lack of action so far.

"He had a year last year where Arsenal loaned him to St Etienne and that was a transition year for him," Arteta said.

"For many reasons, that wasn't the transition year that he needed because he had a lot of injuries, some personal injuries and also with COVID and the French league getting cancelled, he didn't have that year.

"He needs that year of transition and we are trying to make the right decisions for him to give him the best transitional year for him to have the player we want in our future."

Seems pretty obvious that Arteta doesn't want to tell the press if his mother died or who died.

Ornstein is pretty reliable for Arsenal, no?

From end of May:

"However, The Athletic’s David Ornstein has revealed his switch to the capital could be delayed due to the death of a close one.

He said: “He’s had a family bereavement recently so that’s very unpleasant & he would need time & respect over that.

“I don’t think that would cause a particular problem in coming to move to London as planned but it’s a sad issue he’s had to encounter at a young age."

https://www.sportingexcitement.com/...land-delayed-over-family-death-back-in-france

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think Arsenal have realised though he won't get as much game time this year as first thought because we can't get rid of CB's. It makes sense, it's just such a shame.
This doesn't make sense.

Just because we can't get rid of Sokratis doesn't mean he starts ahead of Saliba. We're still paying both their wages in that scenario. Might as well play the guy who benefits us the most.

TinFish

I think a lot of guys are seriously dense here.

Lets take a look at the current CB's we have.

1) Saliba
2) Sokratis
3) Gabriel
4) Holding
5) MUstafi
6) Chambers
7) Mari
8) Luiz

Thats 8 premier league-ish quality centre backs. Now tell me how Arsenal managed to cluster feck this situation and sign a **** load of CB's is beyond me.

Saliba is our most exciting defensive talent. He needs game time. It makes sense to ship him out on loan. With the options we have and the fact it looks like no one is leaving yet it's the only choice we got. Players like Mari need game time. We can't let others players like Mustafi rot otherwise we wont be able to sell him. The wage bill needs to be drastically reduced and if we don't sell them this window - then our most exciting prospects needs to go elsewhere to get regular playing time.

Unless a miracle comes and we manage to sell at least 3 of the above CB's, then I fully support this decision.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
:lol: This club's transfer policy might as well have been done by bluto

popeye-bluto-brutus-enemy-800x450.jpg

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think a lot of guys are seriously dense here.

Lets take a look at the current CB's we have.

1) Saliba
2) Sokratis
3) Gabriel
4) Holding
5) MUstafi
6) Chambers
7) Mari
8) Luiz

Thats 8 premier league-ish quality centre backs. Now tell me how Arsenal managed to cluster feck this situation and sign a **** load of CB's is beyond me.

Saliba is our most exciting defensive talent. He needs game time. It makes sense to ship him out on loan. With the options we have and the fact it looks like no one is leaving yet it's the only choice we got. Players like Mari need game time. We can't let others players like Mustafi rot otherwise we wont be able to sell him. The wage bill needs to be drastically reduced and if we don't sell them this window - then our most exciting prospects needs to go elsewhere to get regular playing time.

Unless a miracle comes and we manage to sell at least 3 of the above CB's, then I fully support this decision.

So what your basically saying is that of that list of CB Sokratis, Mari, Mustafi and Chambers are all better than Saliba right now. Because you dont let a better defender go and keep a worse one regardless of not being able to sell some. Your paying 2 sets of wages. Better to keep the best one and let the other clean boots for 70k a week.

TinFish

So what your basically saying is that of that list of CB Sokratis, Mari, Mustafi and Chambers are all better than Saliba right now. Because you dont let a better defender go and keep a worse one regardless of not being able to sell some. Your paying 2 sets of wages. Better to keep the best one and let the other clean boots for 70k a week.

How do you know Saliba is better than the above mentioned? Have you seen him play? Hell i've only seen Mari play once.

I don't think the club can afford to have 3/4 boot cleaners each on an average wage of 70k per week. We are not Manchester City. We are not talking about 2 sets of wages. We are talking about 3/4 sets of wages :lol:

The only way this club can function properly is to play the dross and hope we can get rid of them for an acceptable fee before their contracts expire as I assume everyone bar Sokratis still have 2+ years left?

It would be a major financial disaster to keep these over paid bums for the duration of their contracts. They need to be sold

skeetbag

Saw on Twitter someone saying his mother died 5 months ago, pretty heavy stuff for a 19 year old moving countries and trying to start off in the toughest league in the world at a team with high expectations. Would make sense if the club is taking its time with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom