• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, he's also mainly playing in a back 3 hasn't he? Could take some time to adjust to a 4, although White's done pretty well (think Tomiyasu next to him helps a lot).

I believe it’s been a bit of a mix between a 3&4 but more predominantly a 3. White played a full championship season in a back 4 so he had experience already, I’m sure Saliba will do fine as well.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I don't think he has to sign an extension, he'll have two years left on his contract I think we can demand a lot more than 40-50M. A lot may depend on CL, if we get it I can see him wanting to stay, if it's only EL then he'd probably want to join a CL club but I think we should demand a huge amount for him or say he's not for sale.

Depends on how burnt the bridges are, I'd like to think he'd be happy to stay if we told him he'll be getting game time.

There's got to be a way to make it work for both parties. Something like Saliba gets a pay bump + signs a one year extension subject to being given a certain number of starts. Protects both Arsenal and Saliba ahead of a proper decision next summer. I could see that sort of deal working.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

20 years old and good enough for Real, Inter, AC Milan, etc, but Arteta would rather have Ben White?! :lol:
He's played for Leeds. You want that on the resume if you're going to play for New Brexit FC. The other lad is foreign and probably likes olives.

Goonger

New Ornstein saying we're keeping him.

Just makes so much sense. Defensive depth quality improved greatly adding those 2 for the price of what, £10M or so.

Worry with Spence is that apparently Sp**s bif for him already. Hopefully we have a good relationship with Middlesbrough after loaning them Balogun. Be nice to get Wrighty in the boys ear as well again.
Please do something sensible for a change Arsenal!

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Saliba extending and fighting for his place will give me faith in this process we are in.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
After the way he was treated by the club, he probably didn't trust them when it came to his development.
He's changed his tune now. He's a kid still going through hormonal changes. Seems like he understands Arteta's decisions weren't personal but for his best interests now.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Why would a young French player have chosen Palace over a big club like Marseille?

Exactly. Although imagine if he had picked Newcastle at the time. We'd probably have got £50-60m for him the minute the takeover went through.

• Cry
Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Saliba and Guendouzi will be regulars in the French NT over the next decade btw, but a small French boy pissed on Arteta’s face when he was sunbathing one time, so now Arsenal fans can’t have nice things.
I haven't heard of Douzi getting into any trouble in France either. I know there was that match that erupted into chaos but it didn't seem like he went overboard or anything. Maybe the boy is maturing as a person as well as a player and we're just giving him away for pennies.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He's changed his tune now. He's a kid still going through hormonal changes. Seems like he understands Arteta's decisions weren't personal but for his best interests now.
To leave him out of the europa league squad and without any football for 6 months at the expense of a bunch of washed up defenders; inexcusable by edu and arteta. They would have lost me there.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Real come in for him, we refuse. Eventually leads to a rift between Arteta and Saliba. We sell to Marseille the following year for a fraction of the original fee.
Unfortunately it could easily happen based on history to date.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
To leave him out of the europa league squad and without any football for 6 months at the expense of a bunch of washed up defenders; inexcusable by edu and arteta. They would have lost me there.
We don't care about your feelings though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom