• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
PSG have also bottled the title to a side that has the same financial might as Burnley a couple years ago.

It's beyond a step down leaving us for them.

I really don’t think what happened two seasons ago is a factor. They’re still the dominant force. If anything it’s their lack of a clear direction going forward is their biggest issue. They’ve made a bit of a mess of their recruitment both at staff and player level, but let’s not kid ourselves they are still massively attractive for a Frenchman who wants a guarantee of trophies, financial security and a high quality lifestyle.

I will be just as happy with locking down Saliba as Saka.

DuBB

Twitter in a nut shell

I literally listened to the 2 episodes of Arseblog this week and that wasn't said or even intimated.

They did (main host and Amy Lawrence of The Athletic) talk about his contract being the one they're not 100% sure of unlike Saka, Ramsdale (pre announcement) but they never mentioned the loan, didn't say anything about his treatment or anything.

Twitter is a cesspool of people trying to spread information and misinformation for nothing more than likes. Not money, not even fame. Just hearts and retweets

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Off to Real or PSG I reckon.

Will we even get a transfer fee for him?

Difficult to evolve the team next season when we’re losing 2 of our most important players this summer.

Even Sp**s get to keep their most important players 😅 but it feels like a ****ing curse at Arsenal
Chill brother he's not ready for that calibre yet

benjamin86

Established Member
I'd be really disappointed if we had to sell this summer because he won't agree a new contract. Gabriel and Saliba has been the best CB pairing we've had since Kolo and Campbell.

Sparrahork

I'd be really disappointed if we had to sell this summer because he won't agree a new contract. Gabriel and Saliba has been the best CB pairing we've had since Kolo and Campbell.
I hope he signs but I don't understand the need to sell if he doesn't.

We bid circa £25m for Douglas luiz last summer, a good player but is he half the player saliba is? I would suggest not.

Villa played hardball and they got him signing a new contract a month or two later. If willy does not sign and no really silly offer then makes sense to keep him, we write off potential profit on his deal but would have been amortised anyway. If he is professional then he will put effort in and help ensure a top 4 finish again, something way more valuable than the likely price we will achieve with a year of contract remaining

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

We bid circa £25m for Douglas luiz last summer, a good player but is he half the player saliba is? I would suggest not.

Villa played hardball and they got him signing a new contract a month or two later. If willy does not sign and no really silly offer then makes sense to keep him, we write off potential profit on his deal but would have been amortised anyway. If he is professional then he will put effort in and help ensure a top 4 finish again, something way more valuable than the likely price we will achieve with a year of contract remaining
What if in his first game he gets injured, you don't get the benefit of him helping us, you're paying him wages and he's sitting at home on WhatsApp to Florentino.

He signs or you take 20-30m and try to find the next Saliba.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s gone. In 6 months he can speak with any foreign club and agree a deal. His agent is probably speaking to every club going.

Oh well.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s gone. In 6 months he can speak with any foreign club and agree a deal. His agent is probably speaking to every club going.

Oh well.

I thought this as well but I think he has 2 years instead of 1 left. I'm unsure though, the 4 years being announced with the secret 1 year extension always trips me up so I don't track them anymore.

The guy is a complete cuckold for the club and wanks in the French NT locker rooms to the thought of playing for Arteta, this is a done deal imo.

benjamin86

Established Member

For a club to take him now? 50m wouldn't be surprising to me with how young he is.

benjamin86

Established Member
I thought this as well but I think he has 2 years instead of 1 left. I'm unsure though, the 4 years being announced with the secret 1 year extension always trips me up so I don't track them anymore.

The guy is a complete cuckold for the club and wanks in the French NT locker rooms to the thought of playing for Arteta, this is a done deal imo.
Everything i've read says 1 year.

GDeep™

League is very weak

His deal ends in 2024, it was a 5 year deal when we signed him in 2019.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Jan 1st, which is 6 months away, he can sign a deal to join Real, PSG, Bayern etc.

Say what you want, that looks most likely to me. Been saying it for over a year.

Sparrahork

Oh well.
Probably speaking to them, but that's what agents do. His back injury will raise a red flag for potential suitors, crucially however he is playing in London for a champions league side with one of the youngest squads about.

If he sees others around him sign new contracts he will be more persuaded best place for him to stay. As per previous message if we keep him on what is a relatively low wage (should he not sign) we will get value for money. He may also be persuaded to sign a new contract during the season if not allowed to leave in the summer. If we are offered under £50m this summer a no brainer to keep him imo

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Jan 1st, which is 6 months away, he can sign a deal to join Real, PSG, Bayern etc.

Say what you want, that looks most likely to me. Been saying it for over a year.
It would be really stupid if this window closes and he hasn’t signed or been sold. If he doesn’t want to sign sell now

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I was saying I couldn't see him coming back after the club messed him about and Marseille touching CL but here he is wagging his tongue at the Emirates.

I think he stays but extorts the club.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Probably speaking to them, but that's what agents do. His back injury will raise a red flag for potential suitors, crucially however he is playing in London for a champions league side with one of the youngest squads about.

If he sees others around him sign new contracts he will be more persuaded best place for him to stay. As per previous message if we keep him on what is a relatively low wage (should he not sign) we will get value for money. He may also be persuaded to sign a new contract during the season if not allowed to leave in the summer. If we are offered under £50m this summer a no brainer to keep him imo
Foreign clubs won’t have to pay for him after Jan 1, which is around the corner.

I don’t think players give a toss about London, youngest squad bollocks, London etc if major clubs want you. He’s only going to be interested in better clubs than us, so all the above won’t matter anyway.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

I was in a bar yesterday and rumour has it Salibas agent has reached out to Larne owner Kenny Bruce over a potential move to the NI giants.

Title winning team, big wages and a free crate of Harp after every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom