• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Jan 1st, which is 6 months away, he can sign a deal to join Real, PSG, Bayern etc.

Say what you want, that looks most likely to me. Been saying it for over a year.

Sell him now if he doesn’t sign by September 1st.

I’d be terrified he goes to City on a free next year. That nightmare could be possible.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nobody knows how the back injury is gonna affect him.
Doubt anyone will pay £40m.

Also not sure we can responsibility offer him a long contract with big wages until he proves his fitness?

It's a worry tbh
Yeah the back injury is serious concern tbh

Sparrahork

Sell him now if he doesn’t sign by September 1st.

I’d be terrified he goes to City on a free next year. That nightmare could be possible.
If he goes to city so be it, the notion we are in a constant rivalry with city is a pipe dream. Our main competitors are united, Liverpool. Chelsea and newcastle for a top 4 spot.

City are a level above the rest of the league already, if he were to join one of the other teams that would be the real kick in the teeth!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If he goes to city so be it, the notion we are in a constant rivalry with city is a pipe dream. Our main competitors are united, Liverpool. Chelsea and newcastle for a top 4 spot.

City are a level above the rest of the league already, if he were to join one of the other teams that would be the real kick in the teeth!

You sell him out the league. If the owners don’t want to get to the top we can call it a day right now.

If we let him walk to them for nothing it’ll take us years to recover. You either sell him out the league or he re-signs.

Do not let this go past August 31st.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The amount of copium in this thread is

hi

la

rious

He'll definitely sign IMO and Macho said it, he seems to be too loyal to Arsenal not to. Plus look, we came 2nd this year and he's the starting RCB.

Hooooowever. Don't get it twisted, if this brother decided he didn't want to sign, and tried to play hardball, we'd have very little leverage. Last year we had little enough leverage as it was, but afaik, even with the extension he's only got 13 months left on his deal.

He was unequivocally in the top 5 CBs in the league (some would argue no1 but I don't want to be biased). Yes he's injured but I don't know if that'd be enough on its own to hold anything over the guy.

What exactly could we do? Not play him, ok then in 6 months he'll just sign a pre-contract elsewhere, I mean it's not like he's not used to being frozen out of the team completely 👀

And what if we needed him, people seem to forget it's not always straightforward to replace someone that played at his level with someone else, if the performances suffer do you continue to freeze him out?

If he doesn't sign (he will, but if he didn't) then we'd probably have to end up selling him, that'd really suck but thankfully that's not going to happen as he'll sign, for sure...100%.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
My memory is playing tricks on me - didn't he leave on a free having seen out his contract and being deemed pretty much their best player in his last season?

Chelsea have of course since invested in players that do want to be there since, I may be wrong again but didn't they cost a damn sight more than rudiger did?

At least they have maintained their champions league spot since the wantaway rudiger left.
Yeah left for free @Rasmi doesn't know what he's on about.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
So this thread has turned into chaos and tiers because of some nobodies on twitter quoting a nobody on twitter who denied saying what the nobodies said he said? The A-M IQ is in dire straits. :lol:

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
To my guy @farzad4daarse this is just a standard date night.
Screw you G, i am the one financially exploited and with my life on the line every time i meet an American Karen, why i am outsourcing that labor now. You should only bed or hire Americans if you have no choice

Kuroske

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Who could we potentially get to replace him if we can't reach an agreement with him?!
Whoever we replace him with would most likely be a step down in quality, plus we would need to sign cover for said replacement!
Think Saliba's representatives know this and are factoring it into the new deal.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Who could we potentially get to replace him if we can't reach an agreement with him?!
Whoever we replace him with would most likely be a step down in quality, plus we would need to sign cover for said replacement!
Think Saliba's representatives know this and are factoring it into the new deal.

Just like Saka, Saliba can ask for whatever he wants. I imagine he's already in conversations with top clubs. That being said, we are probably the only team who'll pay around what he's looking for.

I think this deal will get done, there isn't really a better club for Saliba right now.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
We are probably going to have to give him something close to Saka and probably a four year deal as well, that’s if he has any intention of staying at all, it was so obvious this would happen Edu is an absolute clown.
He should have been chucked out with that Iranian goblin he was sucking off, honestly this has been going on for as long as I care to remember, back to Van Persie, Clichy, Nasri, Sanchez and Özil.
You renew contracts before they get under two years (especially key assets), how difficult is that to remember ?
Why can we not employ somebody who can grasp this?
If we had renewed Sanchez and Özil when we should have done, and both were happy we would have signed them both for around 200k a week each, instead of which we did the usual of waiting until they had us over a barrel, TV money inflated everything through the roof, United threw 600k at Sanchez and Özil took us for 350k because losing both at the same time would have been embarrassing.
Why does this club never learn anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom