• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Happy Man City GIF by BT Sport

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He must be the most successful player we sent on loan to actually good team. I never seen an Arsenal player preform that highly.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
OM will need to break thier record on him otherwise he staying here.

I open for him to leave and he has all right but honestly If they not paying 40M-35M he going nowhere. We not sending on loan again he has 2 years left.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Just won the French young player of the year, 2 years more experienced, now a French international and you think we should accept what we paid for him? Surely even Edu wouldn’t be that daft…
What club is going to pay 50/60/70/80m or whatever you think they should for a player who doesn't want to play for the club, who the club ****ed about and a player who has no intention of signing a new contract if reports are true of his desire to leave?

Not exactly in a strong bargaining position.

Hes also made it clear he wants to stay in Marseille.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
OM will need to break thier record on him otherwise he staying here.

I open for him to leave and he has all right but honestly If they not paying 40M-35M he going nowhere. We not sending on loan again he has 2 years left.
So we will keep an unhappy player and let him run down his contract and leave for free or half what we would get this year? Makes sense.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Arteta won't want a player disrupting the squad harmony, so if it appears he doesn't want to commit & we don't fold & enter negotiations with OM, he will just cause a stink & force the clubs hand into selling. Even if the club assure him of a starting role, he will just point to Marseille & say I can start for them in UCL.

He has all the cards.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
What club is going to pay 50/60/70/80m or whatever you think they should for a player who doesn't want to play for the club, who the club ****ed about and a player who has no intention of signing a new contract if reports are true of his desire to leave?

Not exactly in a strong bargaining position.

Hes also made it clear he wants to stay in Marseille.

It’s a joke if the club accept an offer a penny less than 40mil.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It’s a joke if the club accept an offer a penny less than 40mil.
So tell me what the club should do if Saliba says look I want to go back to Marseille permanently. I'm not interested in any other clubs. I won't resign. Marseille offer 20-25m.

What do you do? Reject that amount and keep a player at the club who doesn't want to be here? Running down his contract and ending up leaving on loan with a 10m obligation?

The club have 0 say in how this plays out. Its up to Saliba what he wants at this stage.

GDeep™

League is very weak
So tell me what the club should do if Saliba says look I want to go back to Marseille permanently. I'm not interested in any other clubs. I won't resign. Marseille offer 20-25m.

What do you do? Reject that amount and keep a player at the club who doesn't want to be here? Running down his contract and ending up leaving on loan with a 10m obligation?

The club have 0 say in how this plays out. Its up to Saliba what he wants at this stage.
You talk to him and tell him he’s coming back to play in the team, show him you have faith in him and will give him game. Take it from there.

He comes back here and has a good season you’re looking at a 60m player. If he doesn’t want to extend you can sell him next summer by playing him and raising his value.

I don’t think Marseille have 20-25M to spend on him anyway.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You talk to him and tell him he’s coming back to play in the team, show him you have faith in him and will give him game. Take it from there.

He comes back here and has a good season you’re looking at a 60m player. If he doesn’t want to extend you can sell him next summer by playing him and raising his value.

I don’t think Marseille have 20-25M to spend on him anyway.
You aren't looking at a 60m player when he has 1 year left on his contract. Its also risky keeping a player who has his sights on continuing with Marseille who are going to be playing CL next season.

You end up keeping a disillusioned player.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

We do though because he has a contract that he will play out. He's acknowledged this in interviews himself and he doesn't have a problem with it.

He might like playing and living in Marseille but when it comes to the business side he isn't going to stay there. They don't have the 20-30m to buy him, let alone the 40-60m he's worth.

When it comes to renewing, he can either leave for Marseille and make 30k a week or re-sign at Arsenal or another big club on 100k a week. He's bigger than Marseille and their fans know it as the tweeter predicted he'd end up back here.

carlito'sway

Established Member
We do though because he has a contract that he will play out. He's acknowledged this in interviews himself and he doesn't have a problem with it.

He might like playing and living in Marseille but when it comes to the business side he isn't going to stay there. They don't have the 20-30m to buy him, let alone the 40-60m he's worth.

When it comes to renewing, he can either leave for Marseille and make 30k a week or re-sign at Arsenal or another big club on 100k a week. He's bigger than Marseille and their fans know it as the tweeter predicted he'd end up back here.

What a load of nonsense. Marseille bought Gerson for 25 M last year while not playing in the CL. They can easily pay 30m for Saliba.
Beyond that, the player has a lot of leverage now and if he decides to stay with Marseille, that will very likely happen. With OM, Saliba will play CL and will likely be called to the Qatar WC. The idea he would return to Arsenal to be a bench player is foolish and totally delusional.

Moah

What a load of nonsense. Marseille bought Gerson for 25 M last year while not playing in the CL. They can easily pay 30m for Saliba.
Beyond that, the player has a lot of leverage now and if he decides to stay with Marseille, that will very likely happen. With OM, Saliba will play CL and will likely be called to the Qatar WC. The idea he would return to Arsenal to be a bench player is foolish and totally delusional.
Add to that, buying Saliba is an almost guaranteed bargain because they will likely sell him for 3× what they will buy him for.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Arteta won't want a player disrupting the squad harmony, so if it appears he doesn't want to commit & we don't fold & enter negotiations with OM, he will just cause a stink & force the clubs hand into selling. Even if the club assure him of a starting role, he will just point to Marseille & say I can start for them in UCL.

He has all the cards.
👀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom