• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Sell him now, I might be in the minority but I don't think Saliba is as good as people think. He's at peak hype right now, we need to sell him before he plays a game of PL.
I think it would be difficult to justify the hype he's gotten now.

According to the Athletic, some of the coaches feel the same, so they may be some thinking this.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gabriel is the one who is hard to replace. I hope he stays, but in case he opts to leave, I'm sure we can find a good replacement. He should be really stupid to leave a team and fans that value him so much.
Not sure about that. He's made great strides this season but I think that has a lot to do with the guy next to him and the calming influence he's brought. Gabriel is extremely one footed and his passing is just okay but yeah Saliba's definitely the one we don't want to lose.

DuBB

Everyone's intentions are the same? Doesn't that sound like Saliba wants to stay but maybe he's just holding out for more money. Maybe he's waiting to see Sakas deal and say I want similar.

Yeah... "everybody's intentions are the same" and "hopefully we can find the right solution" sounds like they all wanna do the deal but his side wants more than we're offering and a compromise will be made on one side or the other sooner or later.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah... "everybody's intentions are the same" and "hopefully we can find the right solution" sounds like they all wanna do the deal but his side wants more than we're offering and a compromise will be made on one side or the other sooner or later.
That what I read by it. Saliba is waiting to see Sakas contract announced. He's seen Ramsdale secure 100k plus. He's reading about 290k a week for Saka.

We could be offering 150k a week and he's saying to himself.....na. 200-230k a week. Which to be honest at this stage I'd pay. I don't want to lose him.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The pearl clutchers don't understand how contract negotiations work because there are none at their jobs. 😂

Ljonin

Off to Real or PSG I reckon.

Will we even get a transfer fee for him?

Difficult to evolve the team next season when we’re losing 2 of our most important players this summer.

Even Sp**s get to keep their most important players 😅 but it feels like a ****ing curse at Arsenal

DuBB

The pearl clutchers don't understand how contract negotiations work because there are none at their jobs. 😂

I was trying to be polite, but yeah 😂

I honestly don't know why this thread is even open. Logic and common sense dictates that the deal will probably be done because it doesn't make much if any sense for him to leave us now.

Logic and common sense also dictates that it'll probably be the last contract he signs with us and we're gonna get £100m+ for him in about 3 years from either Real or PSG.

So put down your pearls, people, you're gonna need them in a few years

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Difficult to evolve the team next season when we’re losing 2 of our most important players this summer.

Even Sp**s get to keep their most important players 😅 but it feels like a ****ing curse at Arsenal
You don't leave the PL after one year to go and play for PSG.

People talking about Arsenal bottling the league. PSG have bottled the CL every single year. The club and the league they play in is sub par. Lacazette is tearing it up there. Tells you all you need to know.

If Real Madrid have promised him the sun the moon and all the paella Spain has to offer then fair enough. Maybe he thinks he's ready and maybe he feels he won't get that opportunity again. But we would still likely get 20-30m for him so money back. It wouldn't be ideal but there's nothing anyone can do.

Personally I feel that he wants to stay. He looks like he feels part of the team and the club. He's been a starter for us and has developed a decent relationship with Gabriel.

If I was his agent I would be doing the very thing he is doing. Stalling. Because as the clock ticks down the offers from other clubs become more and thar means they can talk to the club with leverage.

Our client has been offer x y and z. He is interested in staying at the club but obviously the figures have to come close.

I don't think anyone is offering Saliba 300k a week. Not even 250k a week. I'd say 200k is the limit and that is probably what he's holding out for at Arsenal.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

You don't leave the PL after one year to go and play for PSG.

People talking about Arsenal bottling the league. PSG have bottled the CL every single year. The club and the league they play in is sub par. Lacazette is tearing it up there. Tells you all you need to know.

If Real Madrid have promised him the sun the moon and all the paella Spain has to offer then fair enough. Maybe he thinks he's ready and maybe he feels he won't get that opportunity again. But we would still likely get 20-30m for him so money back. It wouldn't be ideal but there's nothing anyone can do.

Personally I feel that he wants to stay. He looks like he feels part of the team and the club. He's been a starter for us and has developed a decent relationship with Gabriel.

If I was his agent I would be doing the very thing he is doing. Stalling. Because as the clock ticks down the offers from other clubs become more and thar means they can talk to the club with leverage.

Our client has been offer x y and z. He is interested in staying at the club but obviously the figures have to come close.

I don't think anyone is offering Saliba 300k a week. Not even 250k a week. I'd say 200k is the limit and that is probably what he's holding out for at Arsenal.

PSG have also bottled the title to a side that has the same financial might as Burnley a couple years ago.

It's beyond a step down leaving us for them.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Takes some doing to quickly become one of the worst posters on here considering some of the imbeciles who frequent this forum and post utter drivel.

Well done.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Takes some doing to quickly become one of the worst posters on here considering some of the imbeciles who frequent this forum and post utter drivel.

Well done.

I reached this conclusion due to his constant hyping of a decrepit United side that was riding the wave of a purple patch :lol:

Ljonin

I reached this conclusion due to his constant hyping of a decrepit United side that was riding the wave of a purple patch :lol:
if taking digs and making fun of other posters online makes you happier in your life then fine, but to straight up lie is low mate.

The only player I’ve been hyping up in that team is Rashford. United have done very well when he’s been available and he’s involved in most of their goals.

In fact, most of my posts regarding them are about how much I despise them, there’s no team in the football I dislike more having started following Arsenal in the mid 90s

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

if taking digs and making fun of other posters online makes you happier in your life then fine, but to straight up lie is low mate.

The only player I’ve been hyping up in that team is Rashford. United have done very well when he’s been available and he’s involved in most of their goals.

In fact, most of my posts regarding them are about how much I despise them, there’s no team in the football I dislike more having started following Arsenal in the mid 90s

Your post is fair. But how is hyping Rashford any different from hyping the club he plays for?

One cannot be had without the other.

And we all despise them so, at least, there's that :lol:

Ljonin

Your post is fair. But how is hyping Rashford any different from hyping the club he plays for?

One cannot be had without the other.

And we all despise them so, at least, there's that :lol:
I like the player, that’s all. Of course you can can do that and still dislike the team he or she plays for.

They have some good players, they wouldn’t be making top 4 and winning cups otherwise. We can acknowledge that without hyping them.

As of now, they can claim they had a better season than us as much as they want, but everyone else would agree we are miles ahead of them right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom