• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah precisely I said this a while ago, there were some stats about how we’d a low wage bill and I made the point that we had a low wage bill cos we’d adjusted to being a EL club, if we wanna readjust to being a CL club you have to massively up the wage bill.

If we wanna balk at high wage demands and take the high road that’s fine but you’re never gonna finish top 4 regularly like that. Spuds have only clung into CL these past few years cos of Kane and Son (who they underpay), otherwise they’re a EL club.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not expecting us to pay small wages. I just think we can't hand out 250k contracts like sweets.

I think we need to be smart and have like a base maximum for example 200k. That's the max anyone can earn as a basic and then there's other conditions added to it both with team and individual bonuses. It keeps everyone hungry and means we are only paying out the max if we are in a position to do so and those players have fulfilled their duties.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Really hope we extend his contract. Huge worry if he leaves. Initial thoughts about replacements would be Kim from Napoli. Gvardiol or Schlotterbeck I do rate as well, but they are left footed. I also like Bastoni, but he's also left footed.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Well I'm not overly surprised.

I did think the £120k figure might've been off the mark (or perhaps a number we offered several months ago that was just re-hashed), but what also seems to be the case is that there's a disparity between the two camps wages wise, that's not yet been resolved but in all likelihood will be.

I expect Saliba to sign for sure unless he's asking for something ludicrous (like £600k/week).

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Why do people keep mentioning his back? Is it that big of an issue? It’s just one injury.

Yeah I tend to agree. It's true that back injuries can affect a player down the line (emphasis on can, it's not a certainty that it will), but he's not even returned yet to be injured again by his back, so I don't get all the doom prediction with his back injury as a way to diminish his value.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah I tend to agree. It's true that back injuries can affect a player down the line (emphasis on can, it's not a certainty that it will), but he's not even returned yet to be injured again by his back, so I don't get all the doom prediction with his back injury as a way to diminish his value.
It's just that the club has to take the back injury into account. I don't want Arsenal making similar mistakes, as Chelsea buying Fofana for 75 million pounds, giving him 200k per week contract, after just being injured for 223 days.

But the club knows the type of back injury much better. Let's say it's something like a dislocated disc, would you want to commit a huge contract to him? Or take the injury into account when offering a contract, like the base wage being smaller but possibly going to high amounts?

It's just speculation though, but it has to affect the new contract a little bit at least. Like I have said, if the injury has not healed yet, it might be best for all to wait a bit more to see how it develops.

baccy_man

Established Member
It's just that the club has to take the back injury into account. I don't want Arsenal making similar mistakes, as Chelsea buying Fofana for 75 million pounds, giving him 200k per week contract, after just being injured for 223 days.

But the club knows the type of back injury much better. Let's say it's something like a dislocated disc, would you want to commit a huge contract to him? Or take the injury into account when offering a contract, like the base wage being smaller but possibly going to high amounts?

It's just speculation though, but it has to affect the new contract a little bit at least. Like I have said, if the injury has not healed yet, it might be best for all to wait a bit more to see how it develops.
If Saliba, is suffering with slipped disc's or herniated disc's there are exercises that you can do that will support the disc's in future but it will take a lot of extra work to strengthen the muscles to support the spine and the disc's,
I have back problems and it can be really painful when you get a slipped disc and the muscles go into spasms but exercise does help to ease the pain and strengthen the back.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I actually can't work out if your trolling or not at this stage, but feck me it's tiresome whatever.
Back injuries can be much more difficult than let's say hamstring. We don't have enough information what kind of back injury it is, but he has been out for quite a long time.

He will always carry this with him once the back goes it is worse than the knee, let’s see you sexuals spin this into trolling when he misses games with disc problems year from now

Goonger

He will always carry this with him once the back goes it is worse than the knee, let’s see you sexuals spin this into trolling when he misses games with disc problems year from now

You're problem seems to be that he got the injury playing in a Europa League game. If he was carrying an injury that was a bit undetected, it could have easily flared up in the next league game. Would that have been ok for you?!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Seems like this is all run of the mill negotiations and leaks to the media.

It's not my money so I don't really care but I'd think he should be nearer to Martinelli than Saka wage wise. Saka has proven himself way more.

3/4's of a good first season and high potential, around £200k seems fair. Can always look at it again in 2 years if he keeps progressing.

150k with bonuses sounds about right fairness wise, but I can see us going higher on the base and incentives. He's not leaving for a club beneath us anyway.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
The difference between 120k pw and 280k pw over a 4 year deal is about 30m.
And then Benny Blanco, Gabriel & all the other defenders are rightly pissed that a kid who hasn't even played a full season is on more than double the money they are ffs.
It's crazy
Say he doesn't recover from his back injury & becomes the next Tomi or worse Phil Jones?

You have a bloke who's fitness can't be relied upon that doesn't play enough games who you can't shift because some clown gave him 280k a week.🙄

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Back injuries can be much more difficult than let's say hamstring. We don't have enough information what kind of back injury it is, but he has been out for quite a long time.
Hamstrings are one of the most difficult though, you don’t want hamstring issues that will ruin you.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And then Benny Blanco, Gabriel & all the other defenders are rightly pissed that a kid who hasn't even played a full season is on more than double the money they are ffs.
It's crazy
Say he doesn't recover from his back injury & becomes the next Tomi or worse Phil Jones?

You have a bloke who's fitness can't be relied upon that doesn't play enough games who you can't shift because some clown gave him 280k a week.🙄

Look at the impact he’s had on all those players you’ve mentioned since Arteta finally gave him a chance.

He’s been an Arsenal player longer than all of them btw and proved his fitness for the best part of 4 seasons of top flight football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom