• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It is quite odd that we keep getting linked to centre backs. Arteta is so frustratingly specific with his 'criteria' and I fear that might drive one of Saliba or Gabriel out.

Saliba does get called out on his aerial ability specifically and Arteta could see someone like Bremer as an upgrade. He certainly would be in terms of aerial ability but he's also 4 years older so I hope we give Saliba's potential the time to grow. History just suggests this is going down the Guenduzi/Auba/Pepe/AMN route. Even if he ends up staying, a mistake or 2 in a big game and there's enough history and tension between them to make the situation worse. Hopefully I'm wrong but if there's one lesson for Arteta to take from this season its the importance of keeping squad players happy. Especially considering that we'd arguably have made the CL if players like Saliba, Pepe, Auba, and even AMN, Mari and Chambers were managed with a tad more foresight towards the bigger picture.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Not going to lie, I’ve been very careful to not overhype Saliba. I’ve tried to check my Arteta bias and avoid making claims such as “we didn’t need Ben White when we have Saliba”.

I knew he was highly rated but the guy has just won young player of the year in a top 5 league and more impressively has made the team of the year…at 20/21 years old? I honestly didn’t know he was this good.

I think we can finally stop arguing about if people are overblowing his success to hate on Arteta. I think we can safely say that Saliba is better than Holding? There’s now a legitimate case that he may be better than one of our starting CBs. Either way he definitely would have been of use for us, he definitely would have improved us.

This is a huge mark against Mikel and the clearest evidence so far that he places his petty grudges (his well documented ‘war’ against the French clique) ahead of what’s best for Arsenal football club. That’s unforgivable.

I’m glad that Saliba (and Auba) are doing as well as they are, I’m also glad that Henry and others are calling out Saliba’s treatment. He thought this was another player he could bury without much controversy, I hope he faces questions, the scumbag.
Too many words just to admit Arteta was wrong

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think the Marseille spell was great for Saliba's development. He played as a regular starter for one of France's biggest clubs and had some European experience as well. We can't really see it in that positive light because of the way he was treated previously, and the fact we didn't have the luxury of sending him away on loan.

If he is truly to be incorporated into the first team next season, I think we have plenty of reasons to be excited. I personally do want to move onto the part where we're excited about having one of the best young defenders in the game rather being frustrated because we haven't utilized him yet.

Goonger

We have received goals with White and Gabriel the most of the season. Holding has played not that much this season.

Im not just talking about the central pairing, the lack of quality depth at full back is worse.
We shipped 10 goals in the first 3 games of the season before Gabriel, Partey & Ramsdale had even kicked a ball.

In total I think the first choice back 5 has played 10 or 11 games together all season.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Saliba cannot communicate (or learn to) properly with teammates and Arteta in English, he will be off-loaded.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If Saliba cannot communicate (or learn to) properly with teammates and Arteta in English, he will be off-loaded.
A young talent with 24 months left on his deal will not be allowed to demonstrate his talent in the first team and risk it going down to 12 months, the club knows they wasted 3 years of his career without giving him minutes and he won’t sign. Sell now while his stock is high

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We certainly need to add CB depth to our squad, especially if we qualify for CL. Holding has to be sold this summer, not just for his sending off, simply because he's not the quality we need. Even with only 2 years left we should bring Saliba back. I dont care if we run his contract down and lose him for free. The other option is to spend big on a proven CB so may as well keep him as the cheaper option. If he's a success we give him a new contract.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
So Saliba is young player of the year in France yet didn't even make the pre-season team for Arsenal and we have to spend 50 mil on Ben White, who only had one season of experience in the PL prior to joining us.

How does this make any sense to anyone sane in the head? Are they laundering money with these b!tcha** transfers?

It will be even more insane to sell Saliba this summer, but I'm actually expecting Arteta to do it since he's so poor at man management.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Just because be made team of the year shouldn't change anything. It was obvious to anyone who had seen him play in Ligue 1 over the last couple of years, that he was already a quality player with some massive potential. If he gets sold, its clearly a personality thing that Arteta has issue with.

Malky

Established Member
Massively overpaying for Ben White when we had Saliba is the standout **** up from last summer. Dreadful stuff.
Saliba will be watched by every top club in Europe now, i'll be surprised if we hang onto him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Saliba is great talent but let's stop making super man or something he'd help our defense but he won't solve the problem we facing upfront.

Anyway he'll take White or Gabriel place easily they been inconsistent for months now

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Massively overpaying for Ben White when we had Saliba is the standout **** up from last summer. Dreadful stuff.
Saliba will be watched by every top club in Europe now, i'll be surprised if we hang onto him.
Yes we will he have 2 years left he going nowhere. Saliba in PL would have destroyed his all confidence considering the amount of mistakes he made this year and the guy just look lost in crosses you think your fans would be forgiven?

About him staying and not buying white like you mentioned well its same thing this summer we'll be forced to buy good defender because we have little depth.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Saliba is great talent but let's stop making super man or something he'd help our defense but he won't solve the problem we facing upfront.

Anyway he'll take White or Gabriel place easily they been inconsistent for months now
The 50m we spent on White, won't it have been better spent on a CM?

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom