• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
So in summary the team he left improved and the team he joined got worse.
If only you could apply this reasoning to Em*ry and Arteta 😂 , where it is much more logically applied.

So we scored 5 goals more which I’m sure you want to contribute to white improving our general play. But us conceding 9 goals more has nothing to do with him. The trade of conceding 9 goals more to score 5 more is bad trade off.

But Brighton conceded 2 less after we took their 50 million star CB from them. They didn’t get one bit worse without him. So in summary the team he left improved and the team he joined got worse. These are the ugly facts.
Our team got better, significantly so. Like I said, it's not a holistic thing.

When you transition to a more front-foot style you can concede more goals. That will often happen, especially when you are in the phase of development that we are (when you get to higher phases like where Chelsea, Liverpool, and City are at, you can start to add goals while not adding goals conceded or even reducing them). The question is if it's worth it. Given that we greatly improved our performance level from 20-21 to 21-22 based on any metric you look at, I would say it was.

I am really surprised there is even any question about whether White was a good signing. But oh well.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If only you could apply this reasoning to Em*ry and Arteta 😂 , where it is much more logically applied.

Our team got better, significantly so. Like I said, it's not a holistic thing.

When you transition to a more front-foot style you can concede more goals. That will often happen, especially when you are in the phase of development that we are (when you get to higher phases like where Chelsea, Liverpool, and City are at, you can start to add goals while not adding goals conceded or even reducing them). The question is if it's worth it. Given that we greatly improved our performance level from 20-21 to 21-22 based on any metric you look at, I would say it was.

I am really surprised there is even any question about whether White was a good signing. But oh well.
ok let’s do it. In the season Emery finished 5th he got more points than Arteta. 12 goals more, conceded 3 more and he wasn’t backed close to what Arteta was and he didn’t choose his signings. Then Arteta took our level down and associated the words relegation with Arsenal and after big backing took us to the level we were. Looking at last seasons summer 50 million CB wasn’t the priority and you can use front foot style all you want. No one who watches Arsenal will say we are an attacking team. When your 50 million CBs best attribute is passing. You in trouble and the stats show that.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Then Arteta took our level down and associated the words relegation with Arsenal and after big backing took us to the level we were.
🤣 I love how Em*ry's 19-20 still didn't happen for you (and how you completely ignore the underlying stats that describe our performance level in 18-19).

I encourage you to read this post again, that's why I made it. :) If you still can't see anything, well, like I said, we have nothing to discuss.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

🤣 I love how Em*ry's 19-20 still didn't happen for you (and how you completely ignore the underlying stats that describe our performance level in 18-19).

I encourage you to read this post again, that's why I made it. :) If you still can't see anything, well, like I said, we have nothing to discuss.
But if you gonna judge Emery on first half of that season. Arteta has the second half of that season and hardly made improvement. Then he had a whole year when he finished 8th. Funny enough when Emery was sacked he was 8th 1 point of 5th place

Point being Emery has done far worse than what Emery was sacked for. You can argue goals and points, instead you arguing shots on goal and xgoals. Emery was sacked because the club felt he may not get them top 4. He could have gotten 5th at worst if he stayed. 5th gave Arteta new contract

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

you just creating scenarios. of course he'll likely start arsenal career on bench and slowly will be on the team that's doesn't mean he bad.

also i don't understand why you making it sound like the manager have agenda on everyone who doesn't play. all managers does that.
I’m not creating scenarios, Ben White is Mikel’s guy, Saliba displacing him is not realistic.

Saliba shining and displacing his 50 mil signing makes Mikel look stupid ofcourse he has an agenda.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Many of you might have the opinion of saliba > white but Mikel didn't and in that way he is right about loaning him. How many games did Rob end up playing? Those are the number of games saliba would have got compared to his loan appearances. Hoping things are fine and he signs a new contract. With europa league he should get a lot of appearances.
Agree with you up until Europa league bit as I’ve said the same numerous times.

Coming back to play cup games would be a senseless demotion for him though. You can’t do that after the season he’s had.

Starting for a French/Italy/German champions league club far outweighs Arsenal’s bench in a CL season (where Ben White also starts) let alone a muddy Europa one. We aren’t talking City or Pool bench here.

Unless he becomes WC from sitting on the bench and training with the squad it’s career **** I’m afraid.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Agree with you up until Europa league bit as I’ve said the same numerous times.

Coming back to play cup games would be a senseless demotion for him though. You can’t do that after the season he’s had.

Starting for a French/Italy/German champions league club far outweighs Arsenal’s bench in a CL season (where Ben White also starts) let alone a muddy Europa one. We aren’t talking City or Pool bench here.

Do you not think that given Saliba's contractual situation, he'll want proper assurances about game time? He seems like a confident guy that knows how good he is, surely it's "play me or I don't sign". I'm not taking Arteta's recent words as gospel, we know he can say one thing and do another (Pepe after afcon), but if Saliba is still he come pre season, I think there's a decent chance he may be a starter.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Do you not think that given Saliba's contractual situation, he'll want proper assurances about game time? He seems like a confident guy that knows how good he is, surely it's "play me or I don't sign". I'm not taking Arteta's recent words as gospel, we know he can say one thing and do another (Pepe after afcon), but if Saliba is still he come pre season, I think there's a decent chance he may be a starter.

The WC spot will play massively here. He got in and he needs to keep it.

Right now there's only one way do doing that and it's by starting games.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't think he's in the latest squad? But get your point. That's what I'm kind of getting at, would Arsenal risk loosing him for a reduced price next summer by not making him a proper starter? I kind of think it's either he's first choice or he goes.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He's taken Konate's spot who's a rotation option at a whole Liverpool 20+ appearances, who are clearly not an Europa club and until last weekend up for the quadruple. Saliba probably plays less games than him.

It just doesn't make much sense, I just see Arteta fans liking the prospect of having ligue 1's young player of the year for cover, but Arsenal don't get to have that kind of cover where it's currently operating.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
ok let’s do it. In the season Emery finished 5th he got more points than Arteta. 12 goals more, conceded 3 more and he wasn’t backed close to what Arteta was and he didn’t choose his signings. Then Arteta took our level down and associated the words relegation with Arsenal and after big backing took us to the level we were. Looking at last seasons summer 50 million CB wasn’t the priority and you can use front foot style all you want. No one who watches Arsenal will say we are an attacking team. When your 50 million CBs best attribute is passing. You in trouble and the stats show that.
He thinks we're a front foot team when we finished in the bottom 5 in chance creation. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Batman

Don't think he's in the latest squad? But get your point. That's what I'm kind of getting at, would Arsenal risk loosing him for a reduced price next summer by not making him a proper starter? I kind of think it's either he's first choice or he goes.
Yes he is. Deschamps seems to like him and certainly when you win your player of the year your profile is elevated.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I doubt he displaces White, Arteta will view him as too important in possession, the question is how essential is having a left footed LCB? Liverpool get away with it, Pep mixes around his CB's a lot but Laporte does start a large percentage of games. I've got to say it's a pretty new phenomenon needing to have a left footed CB. I remember finding the whole Xhaka had to play because he was our only left footed CM stuff a bit bizarre at the time, but I sort of grew to understand it.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
They can't force him back. They won't want an unhappy player sewing discord at Colney. If he doesn't agree to come back, they'll sell him.

Batman

Oh right didn't see that, fair enough. Strengthens the guys hand even more in that case.
One thing about Deschamps is that he is very happy to give young talent the opportunity to integrate. Saliba holds all the cards here and I cannot imagine he's going to stay without firm assurances. He's a proud kid and he wants to represent his country and his club so going from being one of the first names on the team sheet to feeling like he may not be played over clearly inferior competition probably wouldn't sit well with him.

Top Bottom