• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Either Marsielle pay the going rate for a world class prospect (at least 50 mil) or he stays.

Sick of us getting our pants pulled down with transfers. There is absolutely no reason for us to let Saliba go in the cheap.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Can see the little dictator seduce him into coming back only to bury him in the u21.

Real class act our manager. Oh and for those speaking about his English, you’re in for a treat with Ten Hag. Picture LVG without a sense of humor.
Pires is a bona fide legend but never mastered English. It's what he can do on the pitch that matters.

D

Deleted member 102404

White is not better than Saliba. This madness has to stop.
Don’t be silly.
We know White is a top PL defender and proven in the PL at 24 yrs of age.

Saliba is yet to play a PL game.
He’s years behind White, literally.

Is he going to be better in the PL if he stays?
Maybe. I hope so. Any player who turns out better than what we have is great for us.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
That's true but if I may spin it another way. When Vieira left, the commentators said it was better than losing Henry. Years later, we've never replaced Vieira in any way but managed to replicate Henry's numbers with multiple scorers. Losing a foundation stone can be more damaging down the line.
I like your line of thinking but there was a degree of stubbornness in Wenger never replacing Vieira with another dominant DM... You could argue actually that we were fine for a while until Gilberto retired and that was the moment our midfield became really fragile.

With Henry... he's just completely generational. I suppose RVP came close to his level at times but injury and ambition put a ceiling on that with us. If I could pick any one Arsenal player from our history to join the current team then it would be Henry without a shadow of a doubt.

gamechannel

Saliba has all the leverage here. He can tell Arsenal he won't sign an extension and is wiling to walk in 2 years time. If Arsenal force him to stay, he will only have a year remaining on the contract at that point and can sign as a free agent with a club with 6 months remaining. Arsenal have to do the smart thing and sell him as he's not going to want to play for the little dictator

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don’t be silly.
We know White is a top PL defender and proven in the PL at 24 yrs of age.

Saliba is yet to play a PL game.
He’s years behind White, literally.

Is he going to be better in the PL if he stays?
Maybe. I hope so. Any player who turns out better than what we have is great for us.
The basis of your argument that he’s years behind White because he’s yet to play a PL game is pretty ropey.

White has never played a competitive international or single minute of European football while Saliba is a starter for the strongest national team in the world over the likes of Konate, Kounde and Upamecano who are all much better than Benjamin White.

Forget Arteta tax. Every place should be up for grabs.

TheDrunkenMaster

The basis of your argument that he’s years behind White because he’s yet to play a PL game is pretty ropey.

White has never played a competitive international or single minute of European football while Saliba is a starter for the strongest national team in the world over the likes of Konate, Kounde and Upamecano who are all much better than Benjamin White.

Forget Arteta tax. Every place should be up for grabs.
I like saliba and hope he comes back but calling him a starter for france after he has started only one friendly is a bit to much.
anyway white is better than upamecano who isn‘t very good at all.

GoonerJay24

I like your line of thinking but there was a degree of stubbornness in Wenger never replacing Vieira with another dominant DM... You could argue actually that we were fine for a while until Gilberto retired and that was the moment our midfield became really fragile.

With Henry... he's just completely generational. I suppose RVP came close to his level at times but injury and ambition put a ceiling on that with us. If I could pick any one Arsenal player from our history to join the current team then it would be Henry without a shadow of a doubt.

We actually improved the season Gilberto got dropped for Flamini I would say. But yes, the following season we struggled a little after losing both alongside Diarra.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Sounds like a negotiating stance imo

Same line was said less summer minus the contract part.

Don't put it past us loaning him for 6 months if he signs to guarantee his place at the WC.

But itd be ridiculous either way paying 30 odd million for a player, renewing him for another 3 or so years and not seeing him for a competitive game at least once 3 and a half years into his contract.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Same line was said less summer minus the contract part.

Don't put it past us loaning him for 6 months if he signs to guarantee his place at the WC.

But itd be ridiculous either way paying 30 odd million for a player, renewing him for another 3 or so years and not seeing him for a competitive game at least once 3 and a half years into his contract.

Thing is with the increase in games we’d have he’s going to get game time.

I don’t know how the PL will re-arrange games but there’s a chance we’re playing three league games a week before the WC.

Add in the Caraboa and EL games and yes it might not be against “elite” opposition but it would still be regular game time.

We need a big squad next year and unlike this year I’m almost certain he’d get way more game time than say Holding did.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I like saliba and hope he comes back but calling him a starter for france after he has started only one friendly is a bit to much.
anyway white is better than upamecano who isn‘t very good at all.
I suppose what I'm getting at is Saliba isn't exactly coming in to compete with prime Ferdinand and Vidic. All our defenders are at a relatively early stage of development for a centre back and it's too early to make anyone a clear favourite.

All have the potential to become top class and it's a nice problem to have considering some of the issues we've had there over the years.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Thing is with the increase in games we’d have he’s going to get game time.

I don’t know how the PL will re-arrange games but there’s a chance we’re playing three league games a week before the WC.

Add in the Caraboa and EL games and yes it might not be against “elite” opposition but it would still be regular game time.

We need a big squad next year and unlike this year I’m almost certain he’d get way more game time than say Holding did.

I think Arteta really likes Holding and he plays ahead of Saliba, at least at first.

I think the WC and the ucl games at Marseille are a tough combo to beat, and they'll keep playing the "we have no money" card and hope Saliba pushes for it.

I think the PL will cram the games after the WC, btw. Player welfare will play a big part from the player's point of view. Will be interesting to see how managers motivate and protect guys with caps.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom