• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Add Emery to that list too, was a starter under him.

Difficult players are part of the job tbh, he sounded like a prick by all means but it wasn’t like he was leaking teamsheets or saying controversial political views on twitter.

I’m not really a Guendouzi sympathiser as he was given a good chance and landed on his feet, but his bad behaviour is overblown by Arteta lovers.

All that happened was a blessing for him, I don't think Arteta was playing him all that much prior to the lockdown anyway IIRC.

But yeah how can Emery a 4 time EL winner, Deschamps a world cup winner (a CL runner up with Monaco all those years ago) and Sampaoli a Copa America winner with Chile of all teams all have no problems with Guendouzi and his supposed attitude but the cone layer who spent a couple of years licking Pep's bal......d head and maybe some Lorient coach one time decide he's problematic and we just believe them without question?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Add Emery to that list too, was a starter under him.

Difficult players are part of the job tbh, he sounded like a prick by all means but it wasn’t like he was leaking teamsheets or saying controversial political views on twitter.

I’m not really a Guendouzi sympathiser as he was given a good chance and landed on his feet, but his bad behaviour is overblown by Arteta lovers.

I am. I rated him.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Guendouzi is the kind of dickhead that waves the size of his pay cheque in other players faces to belittle them. He's supported by fans of our club who hate Arteta - and that is the only reason he is supported by them. If Arteta had kept him and played him, the same people would be calling him out for the ***** he is - and slating Arteta for keeping him.

@Mods, some posters like this dude should be banned for utter stupidity. I have read a few dumb posts lately but this guy is such a repeated offender, he should be banned for dumbing down this forum.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I am. I rated him.
I liked him myself, but he and Aubameyang understood the assignment. Go out in the world away from Arsenal and make Arteta's judgement look questionable.

Saliba didn't quite get the memo and all he will end up doing is "proving Arteta right" when he doesn't look world class in rigged scenarios, with Arteta lovers insisting it's all above board and if he was good enough he will deal.

We've already had a Ben White fan come in here and criticise Saliba's recent outing for France, that's all that awaits him here.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Teach a player like Guendouzi how to channel his passion and you have a player on your hands. Unfortunately Arteta isn't even willing to attempt that.

Saliba is a massive talent clearly, and has from the looks of it little antics to even have to be taught how to channel properly, yet Arteta had no interest in attempting to use him for 2 seasons..

Apparently, even in project youth there wasn't space for Saliba in the squad (remember the whole Europa situation?). We'll see what happens now.

We saw how Balogun was played (or not played) prior and after Arteta persuaded him to extend with us.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I mean, did anyone actually seen the video where he said it?

Could just be trying to say something positive on his unveiling as a permanent signing or whatever.

Not eventing has to be a dig in Arteta, specially since Guendouzi doesn't strike me as someone who wouldnt let his disaffected of Mikel show.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I stand with Matteo, tremendous young player with the world as hit feet. Will be at Chelsea or something come next summer.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Guendouzi was a bit overrated tho. Never hid, but had some phiscallity issues while at Arsenal.

Could have learned how to use his body better, but can't say I've watched him a lot.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Guendouzi was a bit overrated tho. Never hid, but had some phiscallity issues while at Arsenal.

Could have learned how to use his body better, but can't say I've watched him a lot.
His limitations at the time were natural though. He was 19, and came directly from Ligue 2 and looked unfazed.

That he was able to have the kind of performances as he did at the time was very promising.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Yeah this is true, I wanted to post something similar earlier but got distracted by something else.

Guendouzi was a bit all over the place positionally. Had a good eye for a through pass yes, but also gave the opposition a chance to get in behind us with him pushing forward and leaving space behind.

That said, it was and remains forgivable because he is still young and that can be coached. The real issue he isnt here has to do with his personality.

Arteta didnt like it and he had to go, simple. And for me, that’s the greatest worry I have with Saliba.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I liked him myself, but he and Aubameyang understood the assignment. Go out in the world away from Arsenal and make Arteta's judgement look questionable.

Saliba didn't quite get the memo and all he will end up doing is "proving Arteta right" when he doesn't look world class in rigged scenarios, with Arteta lovers insisting it's all above board and if he was good enough he will deal.

We've already had a Ben White fan come in here and criticise Saliba's recent outing for France, that's all that awaits him here.

You take this forum far too seriously. Personally, I don't give a damn what other posters say or think on here, all I care about is the boy's future. I want him to stay where he is until after the WC.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I feel the whole thing with Guendouzi's personality is blown out of proportions.
I don't think he's a saint or anything, but hardly someone so toxic you can't work with him.

He came directly from Ligue 2 to being a starter for Arsenal in both Premier League and Europa League at the age of 19. Earning ridiculously more money than ever before and sudden fame in London of all cities. Then add some very promising performances and his ego was skyhigh.

He looks like a classic example of a kid with a lot of passion, immature and who hasn't yet learned to channel his emotions to his own's best.

As a coach you can look at the current and potential ability and say, "I can work with that" or you can decide to want to get rid. If you get rid you have to expect some slack if other coaches decides to work with Guendouzi and he matures.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Talking of Guendouzi, whoever agreed to insert that mandatory fee from our end needs their head looking at. 10m for a French international. They've had our pants down there. Marseille would get double that at the very least if they sold him right now.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Talking of Guendouzi, whoever agreed to insert that mandatory fee from our end needs their head looking at. 10m for a French international. They've had our pants down there. Marseille would get double that at the very least if they sold him right now.
It's ridiculous. Had played 20 U21 matches for France prior to his debut with the A team, we had 2 years left when we made that agreement and the only reason we couldn't get anyone to buy him was because we had tanked his value ourselves.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

That’s Arteta, no one else. And it comes from Pep.

You can’t have that sort of attitude, unless you managing with unlimited resources. He has copied Pep but he won’t be able to sustain that rubbish behaviour unless he goes to City.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Talking of Guendouzi, whoever agreed to insert that mandatory fee from our end needs their head looking at.

edu-2004.jpg

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's ridiculous. Had played 20 U21 matches for France prior to his debut with the A team, we had 2 years left when we made that agreement and the only reason we couldn't get anyone to buy him was because we had tanked his value ourselves.

If Arteta couldn't work with him anymore then that's a different issue entirely. Agreeing to that clause when loaning him out was really foolish. Ignoring that he's now a full international he was worth a lot more than 10m anyway.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That’s Arteta, no one else. And it comes from Pep.

You can’t have that sort of attitude, unless you managing with unlimited resources. He has copied Pep but he won’t be able to sustain that rubbish behaviour unless he goes to City.

I don't think there was any way Arteta could work with a personality like Guendouzi anyway but I find it really astonishing that the club has seemingly freely allowed him to discard a lot of talented players for next to nothing.

I think a lot of the reason we struggle to make any kind of money on players is we openly place such little value on them that other clubs question why they'd hand over decent money for players we clearly don't either like or rate. We've kind of made our bed on that front now.

Top Bottom