• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm still waiting to hear from AM plumbers about how he will need time to settle and we need more experience (guess they loved having ****** like Luiz and Mari here, all that valuable experience in them).

Where's all the "he will be a squad player covering for BW (lol) and will start some of the EL games". Let's not even pretend like he only progressed within the last year, because he was playing on the same level in France but I guess the jokes about the farmers league didn't age well

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I'm still waiting to hear from AM plumbers about how he will need time to settle and we need more experience (guess they loved having ****** like Luiz and Mari here, all that valuable experience in them).

Where's all the "he will be a squad player covering for BW (lol) and will start some of the EL games". Let's not even pretend like he only progressed within the last year, because he was playing on the same level in France but I guess the jokes about the farmers league didn't age well
Why don’t we just relax and enjoy him?
It is a weaker league and he’s a young bloke. Clearly an insane level of talent there but it’s not normal for 21 yo to be bossing this league.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

Saliba will need time to settle. We also need more experience at the back like we had with Luiz or Mari.

Eventually he'll be a squad player covering for White and Gabriel and starting EL games. After all, he only really showed progress in the last season in a farmers league.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
future hive GIF

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Ligue 1 is a farmer's league and he proved he was too good for it. Everyone knows how good Saliba is, weird "I told you so" rubbish being touted by multiple posters.

bakaboo

Saliba seems like to slide tackle alot. Normal defenders usually only use slide tackle as a last resort. His slide tackle is very clean thou, no additional sliding motion which alot of defenders likes to do.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Saliba seems like to slide tackle alot. Normal defenders usually only use slide tackle as a last resort. His slide tackle is very clean thou, no additional sliding motion which alot of defenders likes to do.

What? Ths guy rarely goes to the ground and when he did he sent Zaha back to Utd bench.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Ligue 1 is a farmer's league and he proved he was too good for it. Everyone knows how good Saliba is, weird "I told you so" rubbish being touted by multiple posters.

The "I told you so" people clearly haven't watched a single ****ing minute of him at Marseille if they think he's was some infallible WC CB there, does my head in tbh.

Imagine the same posters if Ben White did this:

Now don't get me wrong, Saliba is an elite CB talent, there's no doubt about it, but suggesting he didn't need the regular minutes and, more importantly, didn't make huge leaps during those loan spells is just being disingenuous. He was a lot more error prone for Nice than he was at Marseille, and he only really hit the "ok, he's clearly good enough to start for Arsenal" a fair while into his loan spell at Marseille, which also coinceded with his France call-up.

Like genuinely, just be ****ing happy that he's developed this well and with what you have in your hands instead of making it about other players or Arteta. The loan spells worked wonders for him, they did exactly what they were supposed to do, and now you have an elite talent playing for you. How this can somehow be turned into something negative is beyond me.

D

Deleted member 102404

He was playing at a significantly lower level in France.
I am very glad he was nowhere near either of our 8th place seasons. Last year MAYBE he would have helped, but as it is he looks ready now and is 21 yrs of age. There are no negatives here.
For some reason we have fans who want to create some kind of story - whether it’s Saliba vs White or Saliba vs Arteta. Truth is Arteta has engineered 2 excellent players for our squad - both with years ahead of them.
Outcome is very positive.
The rest is just noise driven by agendas that are not in Arsenals interest.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Saliba done it all himself, let’s not re write history. The club had different plans for him in regards to loans a few different times. Who cares now anyway, he’s here and he’s top class.

Saliba and the coaching staff at both Nice & Marseille, because loans are a always massive gamble as we saw with Gnabry at West Brom.

As Saliba was bossing it in France we were giving minutes at CB to David Luiz, Pablo Mari, Granit Xhaka and Sead Kolasinc while scrapping our way to 8th.

Can’t believe Arteta’s being called some kind of genius over this whole affair :lol:

Saliba and the coaching staff at both Nice & Marseille, because loans are a always massive gamble as we saw with Gnabry at West Brom.

As Saliba was bossing it in France we were giving minutes at CB to David Luiz, Pablo Mari, Granit Xhaka and Sead Kolasinc while scrapping our way to 8th.

Can’t believe Arteta’s being called some kind of genius over this whole affair :lol:

I think it was better for 19 and 20-year-old Saliba to stay clear of the mess our team has been in recent years. Developing somewhere at more settled clubs where he is comfortable was very good. Genius from coach Arteta!

It could very well be throwing him out there in PL for the last two years could have been the man maker also.

But it all worked out well in the end and we have a young player now with experience ready to perform in PL. Hopefully, he will sign a new contract soon!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's nice when you put it like that, wonder what it would be if he actually flopped in this preseason and vs Palace, I imagine I would be reading "told you he needs time and Arteta was right about him" from you lot.

It was obvious for a while that he could've been a starter last season, but now things are more clear to everyone, including Arteta.

Now that boys like Saka and Saliba own the team, hope we can judge players based on talent in the future, and not their age, which was a thing for the majority of people on this forum.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
This can only continue, there is no way to defend Ben White so it's like a vicious circle of arguments trying unsuccessfully to defend Ben White

Getting ready for a 1000+ thread

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

What did I miss?

Oh, just the usual "Arteta is a **** even when he isn't" stuff.

It's nice when you put it like that, wonder what it would be if he actually flopped in this preseason and vs Palace, I imagine I would be reading "told you he needs time and Arteta was right about him" from you lot.

It was obvious for a while that he could've been a starter last season, but now things are more clear to everyone, including Arteta.

Now that boys like Saka and Saliba own the team, hope we can judge players based on talent in the future, and not their age, which was a thing for the majority of people on this forum.

Nice, so now you're mind reading "us lot" as a defence for your initial stupid post. I'm not sure who "us lot" is, maybe just anyone who disagrees with you?

I've personally been singing his praises for quite a while now, as have a lot of people, which I'm sure is very inconvenient for your narrative.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Why don’t we just relax and enjoy him?
It is a weaker league and he’s a young bloke. Clearly an insane level of talent there but it’s not normal for 21 yo to be bossing this league.
What's funny is that he's had one game. He looked quality, but its one game. He might boss the league for the rest of the year, he might have dodgy performances, he might have an average first season after a good start. Who the **** knows.

All I know is he's got amazing potential and we need him to sign a new deal ASAP.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The "I told you so" people clearly haven't watched a single ****ing minute of him at Marseille if they think he's was some infallible WC CB there, does my head in tbh.

Imagine the same posters if Ben White did this:

Now don't get me wrong, Saliba is an elite CB talent, there's no doubt about it, but suggesting he didn't need the regular minutes and, more importantly, didn't make huge leaps during those loan spells is just being disingenuous. He was a lot more error prone for Nice than he was at Marseille, and he only really hit the "ok, he's clearly good enough to start for Arsenal" a fair while into his loan spell at Marseille, which also coinceded with his France call-up.

Like genuinely, just be ****ing happy that he's developed this well and with what you have in your hands instead of making it about other players or Arteta. The loan spells worked wonders for him, they did exactly what they were supposed to do, and now you have an elite talent playing for you. How this can somehow be turned into something negative is beyond me.
No matter how you put it, you don’t loan out a high potential player if there’s a chance they come back to your club in a position where you might be forced to sell them next summer.

At some point you have to prioritise keeping the asset over developing the asset. I’d rather have kept Saliba and developed him slower than be in the potential position we’re in now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom