• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

What's funny is that he's had one game. He looked quality, but its one game. He might boss the league for the rest of the year, he might have dodgy performances, he might have an average first season after a good start. Who the **** knows.

All I know is he's got amazing potential and we need him to sign a new deal ASAP.

MOTM performance in the first game for me, but it's a season full of challenges against top players in many teams! I'm just glad Arteta did everything in power with his big galaxy brain and loaned him for two seasons to prepare him for this season! When Saliba signed a new contract we have world talent to work with who already has experience on a good level of football!

This time next year we might all hate him anyway. I don’t think this is one of those but I still remember Torreira, Kola and Mustafi having good starts.

Well, there are many posters on here that hate young and developing players! But let's hope Saliba slips under these people's radar and we give him some room for error. Yesterday showed this could be a long and tricky season for our defenders!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
MOTM performance in the first game for me, but it's a season full of challenges against top players in many teams! I'm just glad Arteta did everything in power with his big galaxy brain and loaned him for two seasons to prepare him for this season! When Saliba signed a new contract we have world talent to work with who already has experience on a good level of football!

:lol:
1659816832264.png

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Now that boys like Saka and Saliba own the team, hope we can judge players based on talent in the future, and not their age, which was a thing for the majority of people on this forum.
But my man, with this talent at this age, he's probably learning and improving really fast which means he was a different player even six months ago. It doesn't mean he wasn't ready six months ago but it does mean change is happening so fast that it's difficult to judge exactly when a player's ready during the formative stages.

I would have liked to have kept him last season, maybe it cost us the cl, but I don't find the decisio absurd in the slightest. Maybe it's not good for us but I think it's better for these super talented players when you play it a little safe.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Well, there are many posters on here that hate young and developing players! But let's hope Saliba slips under these people's radar and we give him some room for error. Yesterday showed this could be a long and tricky season for our defenders!
@2Smokeyy was having a go about people criticising Willock and the young players season before last, but he takes every opportunity to take a piss on ESR these days. It's probably his intention but it ****s me off honestly.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Agendas are going to agenda, I'm just going to enjoy Saliba. I was uptight about him getting a chance but he's got it now.

Whoever is trying to credit Arteta is dumb, so is whoever is already claiming he's a nailed on starter.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Agendas are going to agenda, I'm just going to enjoy Saliba. I was uptight about him getting a chance but he's got it now.

Whoever is trying to credit Arteta is dumb, so is whoever is already claiming he's a nailed on starter.

Lot of Tir Nanny Nogging happening in this thread, tbh.

Club made mistakes the season before the loan to Marseille, but that last loan was really good. Personally think he would've done grand had he stayed, but can't really deny he's come back even more impressive.

My worry is that he doesn't renew. Club should really just throw money at him right now and hope it sticks, because we'll be in quite a pickle with one year left.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Based on the little I've seen of him back at Arsenal I find it difficult to believe he should have been loaned out last season. He could have contributed here.

The other loans I have no issue with.

I thought he'd be at a similar level to White this season but he looks a clear level above him with room to grow. So fair enough. I've got no problem admitting I was wrong when a player proves me wrong in a positive way. He should be starting week in week out for the foreseeable.

He and Saka should be the priorities for new contracts. Would actually accept no more incomings if we could tie these two down to long term contracts. They're the future.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Arteta obviously had nothing to do with him other than almost ruining his Arsenal career and now pretending it was all planned.

I would imagine he will be a starter as long as there is some hope he will sign the contract. Speaking of his contract, if he doesn't sign it till January, he will start receiving 400-500k offers from PSG, Juve, and others, which would make things harder/impossible for us.
Hope he likes the club and he will be the fans' favorite for sure, but you can never tell if that's enough these days

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Im so happy we have him, I struggle to name a more talented cb at 21 years old. He will make mistakes and he wont play as well as he did so far in every game but man is he worth it. We were so right to pay so much money for him 3 years ago. Look what Chelsea is offering for Fofana.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Im so happy we have him, I struggle to name a more talented cb at 21 years old. He will make mistakes and he wont play as well as he did so far in every game but man is he worth it. We were so right to pay so much money for him 3 years ago. Look what Chelsea is offering for Fofana.

If he continues his development trajectory, him being on close to 80k (nearly double his salary?) will be no issue.

Maybe two-three years from now Edu's learned to sell players for good fees and we'll get that investment back and then some.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If he continues his development trajectory, him being on close to 80k (nearly double his salary?) will be no issue.

Maybe two-three years from now Edu's learned to sell players for good fees and we'll get that investment back and then some.
I hope our young players stay together and win trophies with us. Age profile is so good of this group I hope it comes together.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Mikel definitely got lucky with this, can't see how this was the plan :lol:

But Mike Bassett said that luck is probably the most important attributes a manager can have, and he was one of the greatest coaches of his generation...that's good enough for me!

Feel he will extend now, his celebrations with the team/social media post from last night, you feel he is happy here again...even with all his issues with the club he seemingly had from 2020 to 2022, he is still a fan of us growing up...you can tell it means a lot for him to play for us.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@2Smokeyy was having a go about people criticising Willock and the young players season before last, but he takes every opportunity to take a piss on ESR these days. It's probably his intention but it ****s me off honestly.

I wake up from my nap and see another tag trying to get me involved into some tired debate:

Sexuals being shameless once again but I’m not surprised. Let’s not make it out like A-M doesn’t have its favourites…I could easily scroll back through the posts and find some dirt to try to spin this debate but I have better things to keep me entertained on a Saturday night - no offence intended, if that’s your thing.

By the way, is Nuno Tavares classed as a special case? Even though he’s the same age as ESR because I see a lot of people quick to defend young and developing players but were constantly tagging me in last season whenever he made a mistake last season to rub him out.

Make it make sense 🤔

Latest posts+

Top Bottom