• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Learning curve guy is 20 years old and he will make mistakes specially with team managed by that crazy Sampoli. he made few errors so far this season but it's not affecting him.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Not his best performance tonight, but these things happen.
that's why i don't mind he on loan making these kind mistakes here and fans won't be supportive i think even if he comeback he'll still not 100% ready but for 3rd choice it'll help him settle slowly.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I happen to support Marseille (Best stadium and fan base in Europe :) ).
So I have watched most of their games this season and paid particular attention to Saliba and Guendouz.
Been watching more of Ligue 1 since Saliba and Guendouzi joined OM and the standard looks good to me. AM keeps repeating it's a weak league, what's your take on this, you watch more than me.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
He is ready, dude. Don't buy into Arteta's ego bullshit
He clearly isn't and it's not about Arteta the guy only 20 years and each 2-3 games he make mistakes that lead to opponents chance to score. Let's be patient with him and let him grow this season.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I want him to perform well, but it's a bit conflicting as if/when he makes some mistakes in a worse league, he will realize that Arsenal is a great option for him at this stage of his career.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Peeps saying he is ready are more like lying to themselves being ready to witness another Mustafi in the making

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He clearly isn't and it's not about Arteta the guy only 20 years and each 2-3 games he make mistakes that lead to opponents chance to score. Let's be patient with him and let him grow this season.
Such a poor view if I'm honest, Sergio Ramos was making mistakes every second game even when he was 30, yet he still won everything and is probably one of the best CB's ever played football.

For Arsenal, it doesn't really matter if he makes mistakes or not, we are in a transition period where we need to develop the team for the next several years, and for that, Saliba is most definitely ready. Comparing him to other CB's in the league, he is still somewhere in the upper bracket even being 20

carlito'sway

Established Member

He had, may be, his worst game in a Marseille jersey last night. OM would have won w/out his errors.
I would not agree though that he makes that sort of mistakes every 2 or 3 games. As I mentioned, he was solid for the most part of the season so far, he had a dip in form though and did not play as well for a couple of games. He has been strong since then. Keep in mind he is playing in a back three in a team where the play starts from the back. By definition, it is a bit more risky situation but that is making him a better player as well. Not to mention that he has been playing basically non stop since day one.
Having said that, no one will convince me that he is not as good if not better, at 20, than the current crop of central defenders currently at AFC.
On a related note, Guendouz was really good last night. He deserves his call-up to the French NT. He has really grown in stature and understanding of the game. I hope he will play in one of the next matches.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

He had, may be, his worst game in a Marseille jersey last night. OM would have won w/out his errors.
I would not agree though that he makes that sort of mistakes every 2 or 3 games. As I mentioned, he was solid for the most part of the season so far, he had a dip in form though and did not play as well for a couple of games. He has been strong since then. Keep in mind he is playing in a back three in a team where the play starts from the back. By definition, it is a bit more risky situation but that is making him a better player as well. Not to mention that he has been playing basically non stop since day one.
Having said that, no one will convince me that he is not as good if not better, at 20, than the current crop of central defenders currently at AFC.
On a related note, Guendouz was really good last night. He deserves his call-up to the French NT. He has really grown in stature and understanding of the game. I hope he will play in one of the next matches.

Yousif is one of Artetas defenders. He will always try to excuse the treatment of Saliba. Fact of the week: Ben White hasnt been better than Saliba.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
tumblr_m5ymktTkPW1qhaz39o1_250.gif
I think this was Arteta's reaction after Saliba's mistake :lol:

carlito'sway

Established Member
Been watching more of Ligue 1 since Saliba and Guendouzi joined OM and the standard looks good to me. AM keeps repeating it's a weak league, what's your take on this, you watch more than me.
Ligue is a very good league, specially this season where some teams are really playing well under new managers (Nice/Galtier, Bosz / Lyon, OM/Sampoli etc). It is definitely in the top 5 in Europe. It is pretty tactical and physical and may not be as spectacular as the EPL but worth watching. Some great football stadium and ambiences as well with Marseille, Lens, Strasbourg and even Paris. Just as an element of comparison, the 6 clubs currently in Europe have only lost just one game out of the 24 played and all may go to the next stage in CL,EL or conference league.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

imagine if he does that with us in league game while it's 1-1 the usual supportive arsenal fans will want him sold quick. i'm glad he on loan hopefully he back more ready.

Indeed, but Mikel is a muppet for not trusting the starting RCB to a 20 year old and thinking that he would be better off playing every day in a decent league and a big club in that league 🤪 🤪 🤪

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Rumors are that Marseille is about to open negotiations for Saliba with Arsenal for a permanent transfer before the end of the season. The second option is to resign him on loan with an automatic sell clause for next season.
Would be a good move for him tbh.

He’s not getting ahead of White or Gabriel whilst Mikel is here and he really is good enough to be starting for a club pushing for Europe - which coincidently both Arsenal and Marseille are currently.

He’s way past this weird pathway to the first team Arsenal has mapped out for him (which Balogun is currently experiencing) and he should really move on.

Top Bottom