• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Said all summer we didn’t Ben White, bring back Saliba and sign a top CM.

Won’t be surprised if Saliba is sold, we’ll get a massive fee, he won’t come back here to sit on the bench.

This is what it's looking like, Saliba is far more ready than White, so that's not the issue here, it has to be personal. I think his days are numbered as long as Arteta remains sadly.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Think he’ll be back here because the only clubs that could afford him won’t want him.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We'll probably have to take a lesser fee when we sell him as he only has 2 years left on his deal.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We'll probably have to take a lesser fee when we sell him as he only has 2 years left on his deal.

Well we can't demand a massive fee given how obvious it is Arteta doesn't rate him and of course with 2 years left. We've not played him in 3 years, there's no way we've any right to demand a huge fee now. I'm not even sure we could recoup what we bought him for which would be an absolute travesty but if he's got no future here and I don't see it under Arteta, then we have to face up to reality.

This whole thing has been handled horrendously.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well we can't demand a massive fee given how obvious it is Arteta doesn't rate him and of course with 2 years left. We've not played him in 3 years, there's no way we've any right to demand a huge fee now. I'm not even sure we could recoup what we bought him for which would be an absolute travesty but if he's got no future here and I don't see it under Arteta, then we have to face up to reality.

This whole thing has been handled horrendously.

There's no incentive for him to extend here if we don't want to sell him either as he's going to be behind White and Gabriel in the pecking order when he could be starting for a number of clubs around Europe.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

He's almost certainly gone...only chance is if Arteta is sacked, which is almost certainly not gonna happen.

We have handled the Saliba and Guendo cases awfully...even with just selling them, we should be getting double, instead of what I imagine we will get for them.

Still shocked no one on the board told Arteta to use William, considering how much we spent on a young CB, you think that would be a priority...least Matteo was cheap, but bizarre they are just letting that type of money we paid for Saliba go to complete waste, without him getting a chance here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Again I'm so disappointed by these called Arsenal fans celebrating his mistake. What wrong with you.

From watching him today he still very weak at marking players from crosses he don't see who is in box or who running behind him. About mistake in goal it's poor he reacted slow in offside trap.

That's why we send him on loan to develop further. by the most French pundits journalists opinion he having good season

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
What's funny is that the fact that you felt the need to share him making a mistake is just proof of how rare they are. We have CBs in the starting XI who make mistakes like this weekly and need Tomiyasu and Gabriel to hold their hand.
Everyone make mistakes even the best in the world. The fact that Saliba Gabriel Tomi and white have combined 20+ clean sheets this season and we just half through is something to get excited about.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Again I'm so disappointed by these called Arsenal fans celebrating his mistake. What wrong with you.

From watching him today he still very weak at marking players from crosses he don't see who is in box or who running behind him. About mistake in goal it's poor he reacted slow in offside trap.

That's why we send him on loan to develop further. by the most French pundits journalists opinion he having good season
Agree. Therein lies the paradox. Arteta and co thought he’d be better of developing under less pressure, but a lot of folks here think he should’ve been starting as a result of his performances in Marseille. Really happy Saliba is honing is craft away from all the pressure. He‘s just a young kid, really. Needs time, just like any other kid. To be fair, that applies to quite a lot of our starting 11, but defenders get away with less.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Agree. Therein lies the paradox. Arteta and co thought he’d be better of developing under less pressure, but a lot of folks here think he should’ve been starting as a result of his performances in Marseille. Really happy Saliba is honing is craft away from all the pressure. He‘s just a young kid, really. Needs time, just like any other kid. To be fair, that applies to quite a lot of our starting 11, but defenders get away with less.
I get people love to watch him and quick with us but seriously if he stayed here what the maximum games he'll play without Europe? maybe 10. I think it was right decision to send him on loan even tho after 3 years in France i would've preferred he go on loan to some club like Southampton for example high pressing team who play high line it'll be perfect for us and him still at OM he been fantastic. He still 20 years old and they shouldn't worry he won't be sold

Top Bottom