• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Look, it not being outlandish IS exactly why they post it.

You don't release an article saying Saliba refused an offer to PSG with 500k per week. Nobody will buy it or get baited for this.
This doesn't make sense.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Obviously not, I'm exaggerating with my example. But as a clickbait article you want to make it sound realistic so people fall for it.

- if he wasn't lining up his next move at the end of May, he's an idiot
- if he's leaving a club that's looking like will be in the CL, got him into the NT to "compete" at Arsenal, he's absolutely an idiot and a bigger gooner than all of us.

Just because you don't like the article doesn't make it not true, you're kinda right that we didn't need this article to have a feeling about all of the above.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

World Cup year too, so he’d be crazy to return back to Arsenal under Arteta and jeopardise his place. Why downgrade to Europa League, risk a spot he’s secured in the national team and the comfort of living in his country for a club he has no affiliation to. Also, the manager clearly has no faith in him and the teammates he was once close with (Auba, Laca, Guendouzi, Pepe etc) are all out of the door.

Career wise, it wouldn’t be a smart move.

carlito'sway

Established Member
1. Marseille can't sign him as they have a transfer ban.

2. Saliba already mentioned multiple times that he wants to prove himself at Arsenal.

The news is from a **** source so likely just an article to generate views from angry Arsenal fans.

- Marseille transfer ban is on hold for now. The case will be reviewed on in October. OM will request the hold to continue until then and they should be able to recruit. That will likely be granted.

- Dailymail is trash, I give you that. However, the original sources are from France. RMC first reported it. Guendouz basically said the same as well.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
World Cup year too, so he’d be crazy to return back to Arsenal under Arteta and jeopardise his place. Why downgrade to Europa League, risk a spot he’s secured in the national team and the comfort of living in his country for a club he has no affiliation to. Also, the manager clearly has no faith in him and the teammates he was once close with (Auba, Laca, Guendouzi, Pepe etc) are all out of the door.

Career wise, it wouldn’t be a smart move.
I fully support the boy pursuing greener pastures. He's clearly ambitious and nobody with any should be near Arsenal at present. I hope Saka pushes to leave too. It's not fair for great young talent to be gimped by a *****.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I fully support the boy pursuing greener pastures. He's clearly ambitious and nobody with any should be near Arsenal at present. I hope Saka pushes to leave too. It's not fair for great young talent to be gimped by a *****.
Arsenal is the worst team in how the club treats the players. How Özil and Auba, after all the thing they did here, it's shameful. Then the other players like Saliba, Douzy, AMN, etc is something to be fired. I can't get how Bumteta didn't allow AMN to leave for money just to frozen him and then send him in loan. I wonder if the bum did it just to annoy the player.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Arsenal is the worst team in how the club treats the players. How Özil and Auba, after all the thing they did here, it's shameful. Then the other players like Saliba, Douzy, AMN, etc is something to be fired. I can't get how Bumteta didn't allow AMN to leave for money just to frozen him and then send him in loan. I wonder if the *** did it just to annoy the player.
There absolutely does seem to be a certain level of spite to his actions. Like he and Edu are absolutely braindead but I'm pretty sure they deliberately let Saliba rot for 6 months because he expressed dissatisfaction at not being allowed to play in that Cup Final with Saint Ettiene. I think he really flipped out over a kid being disappointed and then launched a vendetta.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Wanting to stay at a club that's bringing you success in your home country is only natural. He must be dreading coming back to sit on our bench where he's seen the careers of other French speaking players like Pepe, Lacazette, Abameyang, and Guendouzi, wither and die. Guendouzi and Auba were lucky enough to escape, going for a pittance and taking a pay cut. Their immediate upturn though further highlighting the problem.

This is ckearly far from clickbait, it must be a worrying time for the lad.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

In a few years, some of the best young french players are not gonna want to come here. That's just sad especially when you consider the fact that Arsène made us a household name in france and every young french player used to dream of playing here.

By the team Arteta is done is with this club, all you'll be seeing here will be some second rate Brazilians from some dodgy 4th tier league.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Personally I'm not too bothered with this news about him wanting to stay at Marseille, simply because of the timing. Arsenal are at a low at the moment and this is the exact news needed to compound the supporter's misery and get football watchers talking.

You'll see similar news like who Merson thinks can replace Arteta, Piers Morgan rants, players now about to snub us because we failed in our quest for CL, and I suppose this French speaking player issue Arteta has, etc.

What matters is that Saliba is an Arsenal player, and we can probably start throwing our toys out once its clear he wont be playing a role for us and we are left short at the back.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Oh well.....Not unexpected though. By the way, this news is confirmed as well by the local & national press in France as well.

Well done, lad!

He's a sharp one. Knows that Tets is operating on borrowed time & might get the sack early next season if we have a disastrous run. He'll come back next summer when we've disposed of the nuisance & he can show either Vieira or Potter what he's really made of!

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

In a few years, some of the best young french players are not gonna want to come here. That's just sad especially when you consider the fact that Arsène made us a household name in france and every young french player used to dream of playing here.

By the team Arteta is done is with this club, all you'll be seeing here will be some second rate Brazilians from some dodgy 4th tier league.

They'll flock here again once we give Lego-Pep the bum rush. He's cast a dark cloud over the emirates that, I solemnly hope, will dissipate imminently.

carlito'sway

Established Member
There absolutely does seem to be a certain level of spite to his actions. Like he and Edu are absolutely braindead but I'm pretty sure they deliberately let Saliba rot for 6 months because he expressed dissatisfaction at not being allowed to play in that Cup Final with Saint Ettiene. I think he really flipped out over a kid being disappointed and then launched a vendetta.

I did raise this issue back then and remarked that the club was rather petty by not letting Saliba play the Cup final. Some of the usual suspects here though were hung-ho defending the club decision. AFC overall management of Saliba will definitely have an impact on the club's ability to bring talented players from France. We are far from Wenger's time when we could have direct access to any French player.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

I did raise this issue back then and remarked that the club was rather petty by not letting Saliba play the Cup final. Some of the usual suspects here though were hung-ho defending the club decision. AFC overall management of Saliba will definitely have an impact on the club's ability to bring talented players from France. We are far from Wenger's time when we could have direct access to any French player.

The only way to describe it is criminal!

The longer the vain little dictator stays in charge, the harder it will be for us to tap into the riches of Frances much vaunted academy system.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Was it not a situation where if he played for St Etienne we had to pay something? Or they didn't have to pay something if he played that match. I remember something about money.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Was it not a situation where if he played for St Etienne we had to pay something? Or they didn't have to pay something if he played that match. I remember something about money.
There was some money issues but can't recall the details. I remember that both the player and StEtienne asked AFC to let him play and the club refused. Saliba was bitter though and seemed to put the blame on Arsenal.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
There was some money issues but can't recall the details. I remember that both the player and StEtienne asked AFC to let him play and the club refused. Saliba was bitter though and seemed to put the blame on Arsenal.
Yes but I remember it was at a cost to Arsenal. I remember reading that if Saliba played in the match Arsenal had to pay or forfiet over £1.5m.

So it was completely logical if Arsenal were going to have to pay over a million quid for him to play when he wasn't meant to play and risk getting injured it was right what Arsenal did.

All St Etienne had to do was waive the payment but they didn't want to.

Top Bottom