• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

MikeVinna

Established Member
The damage is done. I don’t believe the personality of either of the two parties will allow them to make amends. Saliba knows he’s ****ing good. One of the biggest talents in the world in his position. Why would he waste another year under Mikel who played Mustafi over him?

We also don’t really have a group of french players anymore to make him feel at home. And on top of that he has Doozy around him telling him to stay put and leave for peanuts in another year. Could honestly see them both doing one more year at Marseille before PSG picks them up.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Artetas level is a solid C1 level. Makes some small mistakes but it doesn't change the understanding of what he is saying.

Don't know where you got he had been living in UK for 10 years. Unless Glasgow and Liverpool don't count as the UK.
Wenger spent the same number of years in the UK and speaks far better English.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Wenger spent the same number of years in the UK and speaks far better English.
What is your point? Are you saying that Artetas level of English is poor? That you don't understand him?

I actually can't believe some members on this forum.

If all the criticism that can be directed at Arteta his English isn't one of them.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

What is your point? Are you saying that Artetas level of English is poor? That you don't understand him?

I actually can't believe some members on this forum.

If all the criticism that can be directed at Arteta his English isn't one of them.
I'm not saying his English is bad. It is good infact but when you compare him to the likes of Klopp, Pep etc you'll understand what I'm saying.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

You think Pep speaks English better than Mikel???

Klopp I can accept but Pep? No chance.
Anyway, my point for someone who's been an English speaking country for 20 years, his English is still not as good as you'd expect. Wenger was already a better speaker than some native speakers after only speaking about 10 years in England

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Anyway, my point for someone who's been an English speaking country for 20 years, his English is still not as good as you'd expect. Wenger was already a better speaker than some native speakers after only speaking about 10 years in England
I think you are picking faults that aren't there. Once you get to a certain level in anything the ability to progress becomes so small.

He has comfortably a C1 level in English. The only thing higher is C2 which would require probably learning vocabulary/grammar structures and expressions that on a daily basis he wouldn't nor needs to use.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Lol people are really talking about Arteta’s command of English???

Brexit means Brexit, after all.

Either learn the language the way we want you to learn it, or get out!!

MA08

The biggest worry about him is that he is in the French Squad and it will be easier for him to continue in France till the world cup is over.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Lord knows Arteta has many faults but his English speaking ability is not one of them, I can understand him perfectly fine (when he's not waffling or speaking in riddles).

But yeah that's the last I'll say on that.

Back to Saliba; I think to have had a good chance of keeping him we'd have needed to qualify for the CL, we failed to do that so imo it ain't looking good.

I suppose one possibility is that we extend him and then loan him out again to Marseille but will he agree to do that? I dunno about that.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
All logic says Saliba comes in and competes with White and Gabriel, giving him equal status to those two. He's potentially better than the pair of them.

Arteta's ego is out of control though and does seem to be clashing with Saliba, so it doesn't look good.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Back to Saliba. He will likely put in an unofficial transfer request. I hope not but why would he come back 😥

Why shouldn’t the little pr!ck come back? He’s under contract, he’s still a young raw player in a position that usually takes the longest to master. We sent him on loan to gain some much needed experience. If you’re as good as you’re made out to be come back and fight for your place, simple as that. It’s still an exciting project we have going here.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Why shouldn’t the little pr!ck come back? He’s under contract, he’s still a young raw player in a position that usually takes the longest to master. We sent him on loan to gain some much needed experience. If you’re as good as you’re made out to be come back and fight for your place, simple as that. It’s still an exciting project we have going here.

giphy.gif

We don't condone that kind of talk about our star CB.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom