• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Nah, Arteta saying Saliba must come back is just talk for the press in reply to Saliba telling the world that he wants to stay at Marseille and play CL. This was a PR move, don't take it too seriously. Saliba has more leverage here than Arsenal.
As a rule, take everything Arteta says to the press with a grain of salt and a huge dollop of cynicism.
Saliba is an Arsenal player, and unless he wants to pull a Tevez and go and play golf during the day, he’ll report back for duty at Arsenal, unless Mikel and the rest of the management team decide to send him back to Marseille.

And for the record, I think Saliba actually has a strong case to make to Arteta to go back, because yes, it’s a World Cup year and he will have a better chance over there to make the squad by playing week in week out there. So I think it will happen.

Come on, let’s not get carried away with the Arteta dislike.

carlito'sway

Established Member
What was being said here?

“Worse than Gnabry”

“Arteta masterclass”

“Champions League confirmed… keep your Europa”

I love this ****ing place :lol:

He will not replace William. Although Toure is massive French prospect and in the radar of a lot of big clubs, he is just 19. He will be an understudy at OM. Le Havre academy has produced a great numbers of talents the last few years (From Pogo to the Mendy's (City & Real) , Mahrez or Papa Gueye) and this tall dude seems to be on the right track.

carlito'sway

Established Member
What utter nonsense :lol:

Saliba is an Arsenal player, and unless he wants to pull a Tevez and go and play golf during the day, he’ll report back for duty at Arsenal, unless Mikel and the rest of the management team decide to send him back to Marseille.

And for the record, Saliba actually has a strong case to make to Arteta to go back, because yes, it’s a World Cup year and he will have a better chance over there to make the squad by playing week in week out there. So I think it will happen.

Come on, let’s not get carried away with the Arteta dislike.

You really believe that Saliba will come back here and start right away over White or Gabriel? I don't see this happening. Arteta will start the season with this pair that he knows & trusts, unless one is injured.
Indeed Saliba is an Arsenal player and will have to play by the rules but he also has a skin in the game and has leverage as well. At this stage, I do believe the chances of seeing him in an AFC jersey by August 30 are less than 50%.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You really believe that Saliba will come back here and start right away over White or Gabriel? I don't see this happening. Arteta will start the season with this pair that he knows & trusts, unless one is injured.
Indeed Saliba is an Arsenal player and will have to play by the rules but he also has a skin in the game and has leverage as well. At this stage, I do believe the chances of seeing him in an AFC jersey by August 30 are less than 50%.

Yeah if I’m honest, I don’t see him starting.

Which is why he’d likely stay on loan in France as it’s a big year and he is playing regularly, think management knows that ultimately. Holding isn’t the greatest backup, but he can do a job and would be happy with his bit part role.

It will go one of two ways here. Either he comes back and sends Gabriel packing in seasons to come, or he is sold for big money as our Coutinho.

Great news that Saliba will be here next season. Saliba, White, Gabriel, Holding/or new LCB. Pretty decent.

Would also be interesting to utilize back 3 with Saliba, White, and Gabriel against big clubs. It could work!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Some on here are so desperate. It's actually quite funny.
Oh I am pretty desperate for him not to come back :lol:

Arsenal just drains your spirit and drags you down with bad vibes.. He's all happy at Marseille and stuff and they all love him over there!

He'd have all the Arteta lovers picking his bones here and I'd hate to see that for him he can do better.

Oh I am pretty desperate for him not to come back :lol:

Arsenal just drains your spirit and drags you down with bad vibes.. He's all happy at Marseille and stuff and they all love him over there!

He'd have all the Arteta lovers picking his bones here and I'd hate to see that for him he can do better.

I will try to support both Arteta and Saliba to do their best for Arsenal next season!

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Likely to put Holding in first if someone was injured.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Agree with this analysis, unfortunately.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta will come out of this smelling of roses tbh.

If Saliba comes here and performs excellently, the media will give Arteta plaudits and praise him for his "awesome man management."

If Saliba comes and performs poorly in the odd games he gets to play, the media and Arteta fans will tell you "see? We told you he was a búm. Arteta was right all along"

If Saliba stays at Marseille, the Arteta guys will demonise him and call him a bum and say that he's afraid of competition and Arteta's buddy in the media will begin to question his mentality.

So no matter what happens, Arteta wins.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

No. No it's not possible stop it.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Arteta will come out of this smelling of roses tbh.

If Saliba comes here and performs excellently, the media will give Arteta plaudits and praise him for his "awesome man management."

If Saliba comes and performs poorly in the odd games he gets to play, the media and Arteta fans will tell you "see? We told you he was a búm. Arteta was right all along"

If Saliba stays at Marseille, the Arteta guys will demonise him and call him a *** and say that he's afraid of competition and Arteta's buddy in the media will begin to question his mentality.

charlie-murphy-laugh.gif

MikeVinna

Established Member
If we lose him it’s probably going to be the worst bit of business we’ve ever done. Even worse than Gnabry for example considering the fee we’ve payed for Saliba and his quality.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If we lose him it’s probably going to be the worst bit of business we’ve ever done. Even worse than Gnabry for example considering the fee we’ve payed for Saliba and his quality.
*When

Macho

Dusted 🔻

losing a CB is never as deep as losing a worldie attacker though :lol:

Whatever happens Gnabry will always be worse. Imma be honest and say I never saw that coming when he was here, whatever he did at the Emirates was shruggable to me (he was coming off a horrendous injury).

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
losing a CB is never as deep as losing a worldie attacker though :lol:

Whatever happens Gnabry will always be worse. Imma be honest and say I never saw that coming when he was here, whatever he did at the Emirates was shruggable to me (he was coming off a horrendous injury).
That's true but if I may spin it another way. When Vieira left, the commentators said it was better than losing Henry. Years later, we've never replaced Vieira in any way but managed to replicate Henry's numbers with multiple scorers. Losing a foundation stone can be more damaging down the line.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

That's true but if I may spin it another way. When Vieira left, the commentators said it was better than losing Henry. Years later, we've never replaced Vieira in any way but managed to replicate Henry's numbers with multiple scorers. Losing a foundation stone can be more damaging down the line.
Yeah for sure that's an interesting perspective.

Asking which one out of Vieira and Henry you want to replace is kinda like asking which finger you'd like removed, none ideally.

Top Bottom