• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Quality post.
By far the best poster this forum has, always makes sense and on top of that your wall of texts are enjoyable to read!
Hilarious. You like non evidenced based posters who have a massive ego, spamming endless paragraphs of their half baked opinions? Are you well? :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I actually gave the club the benefit of the doubt because I watched Saliba for the reserves and he was just booting the ball up field. I couldn't tell if this was in protest or if he was just wack, but it looked offkey and he was getting subbed so I said aight, he's being hidden but maybe it's for the best.

Then I saw him playing for Nice and thought hold on, nah this guy can actually play wtf. The team was a chaotic shambles so it was very hard to tell how much he genuinely had to work on and how much of it was just being in a messy defence. One thing was clear though, there is no way he couldn't get games at Arsenal with what we had at the time. He was starting every match however, so I said maybe it's for the best.

Now he's in a better team with a decent coach and team mates playing very well. I'm not even sure if any of the CBs at the club are even better than him? Wtf is this??

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

White/Saliba/Gabriel and then you have Holding as fourth choice. That should be the plan for next season.

Can’t see Saliba turning down a big pay rise to be honest, he’ll deserve one for the way he’s been treated and that’s what we’ll have to do for him to sign a new deal I think.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

White/Saliba/Gabriel and then you have Holding as fourth choice. That should be the plan for next season.

Can’t see Saliba turning down a big pay rise to be honest, he’ll deserve one for the way he’s been treated and that’s what we’ll have to do for him to sign a new deal I think.

Top back 3 under Graham.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Should have been the plan this season mate. I can accept Holding as a fourth choice, but Pablo Mari has no business being anywhere near the club. He's already cost us god knows how many points and goals, and will very likely cost us more if one of Gabriel or White go down.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Hilarious. You like non evidenced based posters who have a massive ego, spamming endless paragraphs of their half baked opinions? Are you well? :lol:
You out of all, are using the word based in here? Okay mate, it just happens to be i share @AbouCuéllar's most opinions.

But when you say he is based and half baked same can litteraly said about you. So what is the difference?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Ok just watched his game vs Rennes, I missed a bit of the first half but watched most of the game.

I'll keep this short but yeah I thought he looked very comfortable yet again. I'm really liking this Marseille team, so much so that I've got their equivalent of a Red membership (only about £5 lol!) so I can see the games on full replay.

Two quick moments to point out; was really impressed with his defending around the 52nd minute and he prevented a dangerous chance by covering the last man attacking, very good stuff.

75th minute he was "doing the most" on the ball instead of passing it and he got caught. Nothing came of it and it was more from over confidence than lack of concentration or ability but yeah just something I noted because I have to try and be unbiased.

But good overall. If he comes in next season and I'm praying so hard that he's re-integrated we'll have a good young "core" of defenders with White, Saliba, Gabriel and Tomiyasu (who can play CB).

Edit: I forgot to put this in but the commentator said something and it made me chuckle because it reminded of Arsenal. I'm paraphrasing but it was something like:

"Rennes have only scored three goals this season, they have the most toothless attack in the league this season".

We have the joint most toothless attack in the league too with two goals in 5 (less than Rennes but different league I guess).....jesus wept.

Last edited:

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
When he returns next season he will have 2 years left on his contract and his relationship with the club has to be in the toilet. Is he going to sign a new contract?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
re: the Per podcast there is some really interesting stuff around 45:00 (can't say for sure, got it on while I'm watching Barça but I think about then) where he talks about how our view of U23s and loan market has evolved, how they've looked toward Chelsea with players like Mount and Reece James going out and getting valuable experience on loan (those of us who are following youths have seen this, that we are being more aggressive looking for loans for our young players), and how they basically ideally just want one year in the U23s before going on loan. He then mentions how with a CB you might see him building up until 26-27 through various competitions levels...he's put 26-27 there as perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, making the point of how long the process can be for certain positions or academy players, but it gives an insight into the thinking inside the club about CBs that I think people should very much try to take into account with Saliba, and is no doubt relevant.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
re: the Per podcast there is some really interesting stuff around 45:00 (can't say for sure, got it on while I'm watching Barça but I think about then) where he talks about how our view of U23s and loan market has evolved, how they've looked toward Chelsea with players like Mount and Reece James going out and getting valuable experience on loan (those of us who are following youths have seen this, that we are being more aggressive looking for loans for our young players), and how they basically ideally just want one year in the U23s before going on loan. He then mentions how with a CB you might see him building up until 26-27 through various competitions levels...he's put 26-27 there as perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, making the point of how long the process can be for certain positions or academy players, but it gives an insight into the thinking inside the club about CBs that I think people should very much try to take into account with Saliba, and is no doubt relevant.

Guy killed it for Nice, now he's killing it for Marseille who are sitting in 2nd in Ligue 1, but there's somehow a notion he's not ready to start for this Arsenal until he's turned 25 or 26 because Merte said some CBs/players need time to develop? Bollocks. Guy's ready to play for Arsenal, Arteta just hates him for some reason.

Btw Mertesacker himself got his first Bundesliga game for Hannover aged 19 in the 2003/04 season, by the 2004/05 season - aged 20/21 - he was a starter and boss of their defence.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Guy killed it for Nice, now he's killing it for Marseille who are sitting in 2nd in Ligue 1, but there's somehow a notion he's not ready to start for this Arsenal until he's turned 25 or 26 because Merte said some CBs/players need time to develop? Bollocks. Guy's ready to play for Arsenal, Arteta just hates him for some reason.

Btw Mertesacker himself got his first Bundesliga game for Hannover aged 19 in the 2003/04 season, by the 2004/05 season - aged 20/21 - he was a starter and boss of their defence.
cant use the experience or league excuse.... huge money on White with one season in the top flight & big money on Gabriel based on performances in Ligue 1 :lol:

Top Bottom