• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Is this true, because they had 5 shots on target against us in that game. Gulp.
They had 3 shots on target against Brighton in the previous game before they played us. But yes in the 3 games before Brighton they didn't have a single shot on target...which was a premier league record.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

It’s not as simple as that.

The Tomiyasu injury in top of Saliba is killing us.

Otherwise it would have been a simile White for Saliba and Tomiyasu for White.
Tomi wasn't a magic bullet. He made a lot of mistakes

Synical

Miss Superstitious

They had 3 shots on target against Brighton in the previous game before they played us. But yes in the 3 games before Brighton they didn't have a single shot on target...which was a premier league record.
Despite this awful stat they managed 5 shots on target against us in the game Holding was playing?😬

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think we can carry Holding defensively.

It’s his lack of pausa (@OnlyOne) in possession that’s gonna affect our build up.

Holding can technically execute all the passes that Saliba can imo, he just doesn’t have the composure to.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Despite this awful stat they managed 5 shots on target against us in the game Holding was playing?😬
We seem to look quite vulnerable at the back when we playing at home, so I don't think we can blame it all on Holding.

I think Holding has done reasonably well when he is playing against most team apart from the top ones, where he can struggle. When he is on his game he is a very capable defender.

Something that has me worried a bit lately is his new found over aggressive/all or nothing way he goes into duels. It started last season against Sp**s away. I could understand that game with all the emotion of a NLD involved but again he was like this against City in the cup. He was trying to get too tight with Haaland or going into challenges he didn't need to go into and risking getting booked needlessly. As a CB you can't play like this, you have to know when to stand your ground and when it is necessary to slide in or fully commit yourself into a challenge.

Even the Palace game, where he played well, he still for my liking takes unnecessary risks. if you watch the chance where Zaha hits the post it starts with us giving away the ball well into their half, a Palace player is about to intercept the ball....Holding takes a big risk by sliding in with full force into a 50/50 challenge, he just about times it well but the ball breaks free and they manage to spring Zaha in behind our defence. It's moment like that could well cost us points if he doesn't learn from.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

We have to find a way to win. If we can't win one way we have to find another way. And if that doesn't work, another way.

Let's see if we adapt the last 10 games. Pressure is on. When you don't have your best 11 to play your perfect football you have to find a way to get results. If that's 5 at the back one game and 4 another it is what it is.

Crucial time for manager and players and buzzing to see how we do. We definitely deserve something this year. Holding the hero. Would be some story.

Jason Jace

I want you to repeat this post if this injury prevent us from winning the league, Baldspray.
If we don't win the league it's won't be because saliba played in the Europa league.

It's will be either be because the team shat the bed or because man city was just man city...

Players gets injured, Luiz Diaz had been injured all seasons, he didn't get injured in the champions league, neither did bentacur or Kante or even Thomas and his injuries, Tierney and other players.... players gets injured because players gets injured, its just the way it is.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we gotta play rob 3 or 4 consecutive games .... yeah it doesn't really need to be said.
The scars of Holding getting sent off are still there, but context is needed.

Partey, Tierney, White were all injured. Tomi at left back, Cedric right back, Nkeitah up top and Elneny in midfield.

That is very different from only missing Saliba. We should be able to absorb the loss of Saliba with how much better we are going forward.

Let's play Aubamawang

Back injuries are notoriously difficult to make a timeline for recovery. Unfortunately, they can also happen at any point. While I agree he shouldn't have played against Sporting, given how early in the game his injury occurred, it could have easily happened during training or in the next league match.

MikeVinna

Established Member
The scars of Holding getting sent off are still there, but context is needed.

Partey, Tierney, White were all injured. Tomi at left back, Cedric right back, Nkeitah up top and Elneny in midfield.

That is very different from only missing Saliba. We should be able to absorb the loss of Saliba with how much better we are going forward.

People are easy to forget the injury ****-storm that fell upon us..

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Can someone explain to me what the situation here is? Is Saliba going to be able to start in our bigger games at least? I haven't been caught up.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Can someone explain to me what the situation here is? Is Saliba going to be able to start in our bigger games at least? I haven't been caught up.
Nobody knows. All we know is he can't train at the moment, is in pain, and after 2 MRIs they don't seem to know exactly what the situation is and if it is something that can be managed or not until the end of the season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
People angry because certain posters on here wanted us to go strong in the Europa so we could try and win BOTH the Prem and it...really is Losers FC on AM, ffs!

It's a shame William got injured, but it's not like we were overplaying him for Christ's sake...he pretty much got a full rest through the World Cup, and it's not like he is an injury prone player (like Partey, who Arteta tried to rest) that we knew would eventually break...we just got unlucky with him, **** happens.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We've got a specific style that requires specific skill sets in most positions. You can't be shunting multiple players around and asking them to play out of position. That's Football Manager thinking.

Zinchenko is vital at inverted LB for the way we play. You can't move him.

Partey is a fill in RB at best. He's not as good as White there. Thens you've got to replace Partey at DM, there's no-one in the squad who can do what he does to his level. White hasn't played CB properly for a year. It's dumb moving any of them.

Play your best available players in their best positions.

Holding in for Saliba and leave everyone else doing their normal roles.

And yeah, Holding is a downgrade on Saliba obviously but it's better than downgrading 2-3 positions trying to do it the other way.
Yeah its the dumbest solution, weakens the whole team

Top Bottom