• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Its really huge loss for us we lost one of best scouts in world football but it seem sven not easy person any small disagreement and he is out:lol:
Someone should photoshop Elf where Buddy comes in and says you've an elf working here then Peter Dinklage goes nuts walks out they pick up his book with all his ideas. Only photoshop Sven, Raul and emery in :lol:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Wasnt the exception a year or 2 ago.

I'm not convinced that he was starting games for Ajax two years ago, nor can I name more than a couple of cbs who were complete as a teenager.

I repeat DeLigt is the exception not the rule. You would want Saliba here as our main cb?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'm not convinced that he was starting games for Ajax two years ago, nor can I name more than a couple of cbs who were complete as a teenager.

I repeat DeLigt is the exception not the rule. You would want Saliba here as our main cb?

Better take a chance & develop him a la Konate seeing as his price will exponentially go up.

Besides, Konate has a year on him & has firmly cemented his place at the heart of RB Leipzig's defense.

Ashley Cole made the left back position his own at 19. No reason Saliba can't come in & put a similar shift.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Better take a chance & develop him a la Konate seeing as his price will exponentially go up.

Besides, Konate has a year on him & has firmly cemented his place at the heart of RB Leipzig's defense.

Ashley Cole made the left back position his own at 19. No reason Saliba can't come in & put a similar shift.
Come was educated within English football, developed under great defenders here, went on loan etc.

Saliba is a French teenager, he’ll need development and adjustment periods before we see any consistency, if ever.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Come was educated within English football, developed under great defenders here, went on loan etc.

Saliba is a French teenager, he’ll need development and adjustment periods before we see any consistency, if ever.

Well said. However, if we twiddle our thumbs & take no part in attempting to develop potential high caliber players (of whom he is a candidate) we'll fall further behind our rivals.

For the touted fee, I firmly believe it merits a risk.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Signing this guy for 30M will surely prevent a senior signing, not sure how I feel about that considering we might be in the CL next season.

Unless Saliba is a super talent, he is 3/4 years away from being potentially ready. By super talent I mean Cesc or Mbappe level.

akhil

We spent 16M and 17M(Pounds) on Walcott and Ox at 16 and 17 with a dozen or games under them, when we were probably more strapped for cash (those 2 had an english tax on them as well). I doubt he cost 25-30 million but if he's as good as they claim already. He'll be worth double that in a year.

We need to take some calculated gambles in the market, we've been signing proven but average players without much upside for a while now. I'd rather go big on some big talents, at least if they fail we can sell them on for a nominal loss. One thing from the videos, he's physically looks fully grown honestly. He's massive for an 18 year old and barely goes to ground to win the ball. All the other defenders we've been linked are all too keen to hit the floor similar to Mustafi.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We spent 16M and 17M(Pounds) on Walcott and Ox at 16 and 17 with a dozen or games under them, when we were probably more strapped for cash (those 2 had an english tax on them as well). I doubt he cost 25-30 million but if he's as good as they claim already. He'll be worth double that in a year.

We need to take some calculated gambles in the market, we've been signing proven but average players without much upside for a while now. I'd rather go big on some big talents, at least if they fail we can sell them on for a nominal loss. One thing from the videos, he's physically looks fully grown honestly. He's massive for an 18 year old and barely goes to ground to win the ball. All the other defenders we've been linked are all too keen to hit the floor similar to Mustafi.

The market is vastly different than it was when Arsenal bought Walcott (2005) or even Oxlade-Chamberlain (2011). That was big money back then -- the equivalent of more than £50 million today I'd imagine. CIES values Saliba at €7-10 million. I would expect him to cost more than that, but even at twice the amount he would surely be a relative bargain. It may just be a question of how he fits into the budget and how ready Arsenal thinks he may be to contribute right away.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Yes i would take a chance on him if there is a high chance he comes good.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Stop referencing CIES plz. Many of their valuations seem out of touch with the market.

So let's just everybody throw in our own estimations with no reference base? Much better! No one is reading CIES like the Bible I hope.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
People need to start to realize that we are almost certain to go nowhere with signing more and more good, but not special players.

If we want to make a big big step ahead to catch up or overcome some of our rivals, we can only do so by either using our talented youngsters or sign young talents that are likely to explode.

We've got several weakspots to fix and we need to show some courage and do what Dortmund does so successfully.

No middle way or cheap solution for experience yet again - we've got enough of those by now.

We dont have the cash to get several high caliber signings with experience, but we can sign 3-4 super talented players that can become it, maybe asap, maybe after some time.

Resell value is almost the same for young blood that ever showed real talent anyways.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
So let's just everybody throw in our own estimations with no reference base? Much better! No one is reading CIES like the Bible I hope.

People might as well throw in their own estimations instead of using that. €50-70m for Iwobi and Xhaka?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

People need to start to realize that we are almost certain to go nowhere with signing more and more good, but not special players.

If we want to make a big big step ahead to catch up or overcome some of our rivals, we can only do so by either using our talented youngsters or sign young talents that are likely to explode.

We've got several weakspots to fix and we need to show some courage and do what Dortmund does so successfully.

No middle way or cheap solution for experience yet again - we've got enough of those by now.

We dont have the cash to get several high caliber signings with experience, but we can sign 3-4 super talented players that can become it, maybe asap, maybe after some time.

Resell value is almost the same for young blood that ever showed real talent anyways.
I have been saying this for a while. We arent utd who can throw 150-200m at it in one window. I actually find it exciting going down the route that we are heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom