• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian Joins Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willian makes sense to me now. Saka is only 19 and might struggle with second season syndrome next year. Having experienced winners like Willian to guide him will do good!

Also surely Willian in his 50s would bench bums players like Pepe and Laca. So we are at least getting one of them out of the starting team on a constant basis!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Have to say this is an excellent signing from Arteta and Edu, adds much needed experience, is a serial winner and has qualities which we lack and can play a few different positions. All credit goes to Arteta and Edu on this one, well done lads!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lmao I thought G Deep did a 180.

Yeah I can’t get hype over Willian signing tbh. Just..weird.

FanaticH

Great signing. To get a player of his calibre on a free is fantastic piece of business.Still defo has 2 good years in him.

FanaticH

Tying him down to 3 years is clearly not fantastic business though.

It was a necessary sacrifice, as if it was just 2 years, he could've just stayed at Chelsea. This way he gets what he wants, and at least Arsenal secure a player of his quality on a 'free'.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
''We've been active in the market and we saw recently that we brought in Willian from Chelsea, a signing that Edu and Mikel are really, really excited about ''

Mikel specifically requested this and Edu/Raul delivered, they have backed the manager on this one.

Edu does whatever Kia tells him to do and it looks like Arteta is a bit of a yes man.

Don’t like where this is going at all, Kia still got his fingers in the club.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Any source that Mikel “specifically requested” this signing? @OnlyOne ?

If anything, I suspect it’s a “he’s free, good and Kia can make it happen” from Edu to Arteta, and obviously Arteta isn’t going to turn it down if his budgets are tight.

So a source please, or stop claiming such a thing. I’m waiting.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Any source that Mikel “specifically requested” this signing? @OnlyOne ?

If anything, I suspect it’s a “he’s free, good and Kia can make it happen” from Edu to Arteta, and obviously Arteta isn’t going to turn it down if his budgets are tight.

So a source please, or stop claiming such a thing. I’m waiting.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

**** off. Where does it say Arteta specifically asked for this player?

Those samba twins Edu and Kia stuck it on Arteta.

I know you can barely read but David Ornstein says a 3 year contract was presented on request of Arteta.

So there’s my evidence, a usually very reliable person when it comes to Arsenal.

Also Edu and Arteta are heading transfers now, if one is unsure the transfer doesn’t happen, I don’t get how you can’t get that into your thick skull.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Wrighty firing shots in the bum squad's direction:

“Obviously there’s people talking about Willian’s age and where he’s come from, but you only need to listen to Mikel and how he speaks about a player like Willian.

“Of course, yes it is short-term but when you look at where we are at the moment, our financial restraints in respects of the money that we have or haven’t got, I think it’s a magnificent signing when you look at somebody of his calibre.

“I think at this stage of his career coming to Arsenal with the young players we’ve got, with the experience he brings got and the creative ability and the fact he can play in different positions and you’ve heard Mikel speak about it. I just feel that it’s a brilliant deal for us, where we are.”

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
The Bum Squad are the overly upbeat people.

The Usual Suspects are the overly downbeat people.

This is the best way to tell the two groups apart.
They interchange frequently, though.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom