• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Some of you lot have never played sport at a decent level and it's clear. AM ain't ready for conversations like that though.

roz

Fake News Merchant
People actually believe PR and the nonsense that football figures say. Willian came here cos we pay him more and longer than Chelsea would.

Arsenal fans really think we signed all these Kia clients cos we need them or that's all that was available :lol:
I know it’s hilarious, they use it for every signing now. As if the club were going to come out and say:
“Yeah, hes old & probably past it but its all we could really afford so you can all pipe down”.

All the PR team have to do is throw in the occasional “valued experience” or “personality” or “convinced by project” or @GDeep™ ’s personal favourite “took a paycut” to have everyone dreaming.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I know it’s hilarious, they use it for every signing now. As if the club were going to come out and say:
“Yeah, hes old & probably past it but its all we could really afford so you can all pipe down”.

All the PR team have to do is throw in the occasional “valued experience” or “personality” or “convinced by project” or @GDeep™ ’s personal favourite “took a paycut” to have everyone dreaming.

Probably the same people who thought Arsenal were gonna be like Bayern because Ivan Gazidis said so.

Reactions: roz

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Piss off, I'll slap you with a steel chair.

RQ6dmyg.png

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's funny how upset people are about this. He's a decent player, with loads of PL experience, on a free, in a position we need depth. It's good business either way you look at it.

Ask @GDeep™ he is not free. For him free would mean he is a slave with no wages even. :lol:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Ask @GDeep™ he is not free. For him free would mean he is a slave with no wages even. :lol:

lol
there is an argument there, there are more variables. I'm sure we wouldnt pay a 220,000 a week salary if we hadnt gotten him on a free. We signed him for 3 years which is in the 30 million range, but we'll see if we can sell him for like 15-20 million next year and we'd actually be 10 million in the green on him. Would be hard to get another club to pay 15 million and his 220k wages, but we could strike a deal. I do expect him to be productive for us, not out of his skin, but 7+ goals and 5+ assists mostly from the bench and strong mentoring would make this deal OK as long as Reiss Nelson plays to his potential.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

lol
there is an argument there, there are more variables. I'm sure we wouldnt pay a 220,000 a week salary if we hadnt gotten him on a free. We signed him for 3 years which is in the 30 million range, but we'll see if we can sell him for like 15-20 million next year and we'd actually be 10 million in the green on him. Would be hard to get another club to pay 15 million and his 220k wages, but we could strike a deal. I do expect him to be productive for us, not out of his skin, but 7+ goals and 5+ assists mostly from the bench and strong mentoring would make this deal OK as long as Reiss Nelson plays to his potential.

He is on £100kpw basic salary. Free transfers always have a signing fee and it was reported that Willian has many bonuses like appearance bonuses.

"Arsenal were willing to do so and the Gunners agreed a basic salary with Willian of around £100,000-a-week, which is a dip on the £120,000-a-week he earned in west London. However, the Daily Mail claim that Willian was persuaded to join the Gunners after the offer of a huge signing-on fee that will significantly boost his basic weekly salary.

Once this figure is taken into account alongside other ‘loyalty’ bonuses and appearance fees, it’s claimed Willian will earn around £220,000-a-week."

https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/13/will...eeing-eye-watering-220000-week-deal-13126623/

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
He is on £100kpw basic salary. Free transfers always have a signing fee and it was reported that Willian has many bonuses like appearance bonuses.

"Arsenal were willing to do so and the Gunners agreed a basic salary with Willian of around £100,000-a-week, which is a dip on the £120,000-a-week he earned in west London. However, the Daily Mail claim that Willian was persuaded to join the Gunners after the offer of a huge signing-on fee that will significantly boost his basic weekly salary.

Once this figure is taken into account alongside other ‘loyalty’ bonuses and appearance fees, it’s claimed Willian will earn around £220,000-a-week."

https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/13/will...eeing-eye-watering-220000-week-deal-13126623/

makes sense, so he will still cost us about 11 million a year.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Wasn't sure of this signing. Still feel it's unnecessary but he definitely can be an asset. His fitness levels are great. Can cover many positions and is defensively disciplined. Among all our attackers he is the one that has the well rounded balance. His experience should be an asset to our young attackers as well.

We'll find out as the season gets along whether investing that kind of money on him was worth it I guess.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom