• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Willian, Luiz, Cedric even Mari all wreak of fake penny pinching lazy signings, the money invested in all 4 of those could have went to atleast two proper players that could have actually helped us, but we are Arsenal and we apparently don't want to improve we prefer languishing in mediocrity and crap transfer deals.

they were all edu/Kia signings. I don’t get why the hell edu has so much say in signings. He signed partey over Aouar who the manager wanted. He is novice who has no experience

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I welcomed the Willian signing so you taking pot shots at Özil doesn’t bother me.
I think you knew what I meant but the temptation to strawman was just too much! I obviously meant Özil’s recent numbers compared to that of Willian’s. No argument there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Frustrating today seem he available always but decisions making poor and selfish at time played part of us winning a penalty. Still really need to step up

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Anonymous today bar a couple of chances. He's a player that makes the better players around him perform.

He's just not a protagonist and we don't have the level of players he needs around him to perform if Laca on current form and A LCB/LWB being our main outlet on the other side.

He does combine better with Bellerin than Pepe though, but I think that's something that could change in time if Pepe got an actual run of games.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His mind is sharp but his body is on slow mo. If he had Pepe’s body, he might be useful. Nelson has to get a chance before Christmas surely.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He done fine. Arteta's way will take some sussing out, but the goals and other stuff are coming. In the meantime he's experienced and disciplined. I like that we have Pepe and him to rotate if needed. Nice blend.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He done fine. Arteta's way will take some sussing out, but the goals and other stuff are coming. In the meantime he's experienced and disciplined. I like that we have Pepe and him to rotate if needed. Nice blend.
That's all great if he plays next to two more creative forwards, but our forward line desperately needs someone who will do more than just being experienced and disciplined, we actually need one player that is the exact opposite.
If Laca is doing the grunt work, Auba is only useful at scoring, Willian should definitely not be the third forward in that lineup

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

When Chelsea won the league in 14/15 Willian was a starter on the right most of the time but wasn't a standout player at all. Tbh he's not the most eye-catching of players. He'll carry the ball, keep it in the final third, take up good positions but most of the time he won't be the scorer or goal-provider. He'll be the guy contributing to get it to the more eye-catching players. The likes of Auba, Saka, Pepe, Laca, etc. At Chelsea it was Hazard and Costa who'd take all the limelight, Willian would have his moments but usually Costa was scoring the goals, Hazard also chipped in but was mainly the guy who'd win games on his own. But Willian played an important role. I guess here because we've been so reliant on Auba, Pepe and Laca haven't been consistent performers, that we're kind looking to Willian to fill that hole, one which he's never really done on a consistent basis. He's more a guy who'll slot in. I think in an ideal world for Arteta, Lacazette ups his game but it doesn't seem to be happening, certainly not on a consistent basis.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That's all great if he plays next to two more creative forwards, but our forward line desperately needs someone who will do more than just being experienced and disciplined, we actually need one player that is the exact opposite.
If Laca is doing the grunt work, Auba is only useful at scoring, Willian should definitely not be the third forward in that lineup
He scores goals when things are working. He nearly scored today and was involved in the goal. The season is very young and very long!

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
When Chelsea won the league in 14/15 Willian was a starter on the right most of the time but wasn't a standout player at all. Tbh he's not the most eye-catching of players. He'll carry the ball, keep it in the final third, take up good positions but most of the time he won't be the scorer or goal-provider. He'll be the guy contributing to get it to the more eye-catching players. The likes of Auba, Saka, Pepe, Laca, etc. At Chelsea it was Hazard and Costa who'd take all the limelight, Willian would have his moments but usually Costa was scoring the goals, Hazard also chipped in but was mainly the guy who'd win games on his own. But Willian played an important role. I guess here because we've been so reliant on Auba, Pepe and Laca haven't been consistent performers, that we're kind looking to Willian to fill that hole, one which he's never really done on a consistent basis. He's more a guy who'll slot in. I think in an ideal world for Arteta, Lacazette ups his game but it doesn't seem to be happening, certainly not on a consistent basis.

Yeah, interesting points about his profile. Our chemistry in attacking situations as a whole is so weird. We have a lot of good pieces but I'm not sure Arteta has found the best combination of our forwards yet.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was OK today. I still think his spot is a vulnerable spot but knowing how much Arteta relies on experience, he'll play a lot anyway.

zilfy

Awful for the first twenty minutes then really grew into the game after that. Looked reliable in possession after that, which is something we need so badly

Latest posts+

Top Bottom