• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I can't find the tweet but a guy I followed on there said that because the Willian deal is so bad and the emergence of Saka (on the right wing) and ESR, it has forced the club to look at younger talents, as opposed to more established stars. Low-key I was dreading this window because I was almost certain Isco or Eriksen souls rock up to the Emirates on crazy wages to "save" us. I guess Willian being so bad made Edu and Arteta look at Ødegaard instead. Maybe I'm stretching a bit but I'm desperately trying to justify just a penny of the Willian deal.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Willian hasn’t worked out yet, but filling the entire squad with 22 year olds would be a mistake.

Older signings can work out and add leadership if done right - like the transformative effect Zlatan has had on Milan and Man U prior.

A huge part of why so many of our young signings fail is because of lack of leadership in my opinion.

This obsession Arsenal fans and journos have with seeing as many kids on the pitch as possible is actually kinda dumb.

Balance would be ideal, someone to own the team interviews after a bad loss or take the important penalty is a good thing.

Late twenties/early thirties shouldn’t be demonised as they currently are - we just need to stop rummaging Chelsea’s bins. Even then, the Luiz signing for example was ok- he had the 1 year deal with extension.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Willian hasn’t worked out yet, but filling the entire squad with 22 year olds would be a mistake.

Older signings can work out and add leadership if done right - like the transformative effect Zlatan has had on Milan and Man U prior.

A huge part of why so many of our young signings fail is because of lack of leadership in my opinion.

This obsession Arsenal fans and journos have with seeing as many kids on the pitch as possible is actually kinda dumb.

Balance would be ideal, someone to own the team interviews after a bad loss or take the important penalty is a good thing.

Late twenties/early thirties shouldn’t be demonised as they currently are - we just need to stop rummaging Chelsea’s bins. Even then, the Luiz signing for example was ok- he had the 1 year deal with extension.

You’re right, but we do have that leadership and experience. Granit Xhaka for example. Luiz was instrumental in our fa cup win (I’m in favour of extending for another year). Auba, Bellerin, Holding, Laca etc. We do have experience in our side that the young guys are learning off. Arteta has indicated he wants to see the balance too, and it’s showed in his team selections.
It’s the fans who hype the young kids relentlessly whilst disregarding our experience whom you ought to take issue with.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The loan of Ødegaard is Arteta saying he lost faith in Willian. He is done here
I'd say he was a bit unlucky with Willian, I'm sure we've all expected at least 1 solid season from him before he starts to decline, but it didn't happen

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'd say he was a bit unlucky with Willian, I'm sure we've all expected at least 1 solid season from him before he starts to decline, but it didn't happen
True and at Willians age there is no way he will leave behind two years money on the table. We will end up paying him off

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

You are misunderstanding that obsession I believe, the end goal is never to play all the kids, but we've ended up in a situation where we didn't have any valuable senior players with a very low squad value. We can rebuild the squad value and finances much faster by playing more youngsters and take a hit on results for a year or two.
The balance is actually there (age balance), the problem is that our senior players are actually doing very little and some of our youngsters are keeping us alive

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You are misunderstanding that obsession I believe, the end goal is never to play all the kids, but we've ended up in a situation where we didn't have any valuable senior players with a very low squad value. We can rebuild the squad value and finances much faster by playing more youngsters and take a hit on results for a year or two.
The balance is actually there (age balance), the problem is that our senior players are actually doing very little and some of our youngsters are keeping us alive
We’ve done this already.

Senior players doing very little also isn’t true, the youngsters have added gloss to our victories but pay attention to who’s actually breaking the deadlock or scoring the first goal, it’s not the kids.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Just gonna have to freeze him out like we did Özil, aren’t we?

Dreadful, dreadful player. Arteta’s biggest slight so far.

Don’t care how many The Athletic puff pieces they put out there, Willian is just not going to work.

TinFish

Is there anything we can collectively do to get this fraudster out the club?
As fans we usually voice our concerns on the pitch. We don’t have that this time.

ptrcopp

I didn’t understand this transfer when it happened... it makes less sense now. He’s starting and being kept on ahead of others who deserve a chance.

We had no midfield with him and Elneny.

Toward the end of the match today he wasn’t even showing for the ball. Even Pepe was closing down, but not Willian. He failed to overlap for both Cedric and Saka.

He’s the reason over 80% of our attacks came down the wings. Overs nothing.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
No more Chelsea retirement home signings.

The fact that they're willing to 'step down' to us (a pseudo rival to boot) for London / cosmopolitan lifestyle + a big club contract (without the big club competitions) just shows that it's no longer about the football.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom