• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I was fuming when I saw him in the starting lineup. Glad I was proven wrong.

But it's still frustrating that Pepe is not being given a proper run out.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Hmm was he good today? I thought he was ok overall, though it was a very good pass for the assist.

I still think Pepe offers more but well that's a flogged horse at this point isn't it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hmm was he good today? I thought he was ok overall, though it was a very good pass for the assist.

I still think Pepe offers more but well that's a flogged horse at this point isn't it.
Average done the minimum imo still not the player he at Chelsea but if he can get like more than 10 assists that good return. Pepe is totally different player than Willian.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

There's no upside to this Willian thing so whilst it's very very disappointing he's being forced it's important to remember that it's not Willian's fault.

Played alright anyways, it is what it is.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Sadly this is the highest level he can ever reach for us. He'll never be exceptional for us. He's going to have mostly average games and a few dreadful ones. Whether we like it or not, it's still a poor signing because of what his arrival has done to guys like Nelson and Martinelli who have more upside and could become very good players.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Sadly this is the highest level he can ever reach for us. He'll never be exceptional for us. He's going to have mostly average games and a few dreadful ones. Whether we like it or not, it's still a poor signing because of what his arrival has done to guys like Nelson and Martinelli who have more upside and could become very good players.

Yep, it's why I was and still am extremely against the move. I remember some weeks ago I was replying to HairSpray and I mentioned how I didn't want Willian originally because he's a bad move for the long term.

I said that I expected him to offer something this season but be a burden in the third season but it'd actually turned out to be worse than that as he sucked this season.

He has turned it around a bit, but I still feel like it's a little pointless; he's not dazzling enough to be worth sacrificing playing time for players like Martinelli and Nelson. Infact I'd much rather be developing Nelson, he should've gotten all of Willian's minutes or shared them with Martinelli (though maybe he's for the CF role now?).

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Problem is our team doesn't have a ton of goal in it and using Willian instead of Pepe (who has goals in him) further highlights this issue. Yes, he is getting some assists but feel that Pepe provides a lot more danger around the opposition penalty box. I'd rather Pepe play over Willian, although he has been playing better of late.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Most goals at Chelsea came from set piece we bought him for creativity and few goals we have auba laca can score goals it's shame it took him 6 months to settle in.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
:eek:Willian has now provided an assist in each of his last four games for Arsenal:

🅰️ vs. Benfica
🅰️ vs. Burnley
🅰️ vs. Leicester
🅰️ vs. Olympiacos

The Gunners' top assist-provider in all competitions this season.

3-DCEE67-C-6-C11-405-D-B318-D498-BB065316.gif

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Problem is our team doesn't have a ton of goal in it and using Willian instead of Pepe (who has goals in him) further highlights this issue. Yes, he is getting some assists but feel that Pepe provides a lot more danger around the opposition penalty box. I'd rather Pepe play over Willian, although he has been playing better of late.

Yeah and Pepe is starting to make really good passes now. He's no longer always trying to dribble past the entire back line, but he's passing and moving, I mean look at that ball he played for Bellerin before Bellerin almost created a chance when he flashed it past the goal line.

Plus he's tracking back too and offers more of a goal threat.....

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
He's been decent tonight tbf but those 24 anonymous PL games kind of stick in the mind.

Thank you for pointing this out. He's done virtually nothing all season. Now he decides to "turn up" a bit as the season is drawing to a close so that he won't be sold in the summer (as if that would have ever happened) and can bum around London Colney next season.

At least when Nasri pulled this stuff he was 10 years younger than Willian.

Will we ever learn?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Thank you for pointing this out. He's done virtually nothing all season. Now he decides to "turn up" a bit as the season is drawing to a close so that he won't be sold in the summer (as if that would have ever happened) and can bum around London Colney next season.

At least when Nasri pulled this stuff he was 10 years younger than Willian.

Will we ever learn?
I think Keown called him glum and said he was in mourning for Chelsea. I wish he would grieve elsewhere.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He's been alright lately but I don't like how Arteta has given him an olive branch for doing the bare minimum. Really grinds my gears. I feel like he's another Xhaka. Managers will love him and ride for him and loves will loathe him because he doesn't seem to have to do much to he favoured. It's looking likely Nelson's Arsenal career has died with this guy. I hope Martinelli and Pepe are not casualties as well. Arteta should remember that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom