• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Doesn’t work like that. You have him for 3 years.
Writing in his Telegraph column, Jamie Carragher said: “Willian’s agent, Kia Joorabchian, had a pop at me for querying the logic of that transfer. Fair enough. He is entitled to defend himself.

“But as an outsider, it is my opinion the deals for Willian, Cedric and David Luiz have benefited his clients more than Arsenal Football Club. :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Writing in his Telegraph column, Jamie Carragher said: “Willian’s agent, Kia Joorabchian, had a pop at me for querying the logic of that transfer. Fair enough. He is entitled to defend himself.

“But as an outsider, it is my opinion the deals for Willian, Cedric and David Luiz have benefited his clients more than Arsenal Football Club. :lol:
Other than the Raul cult on here, we could all see what was happening. All have been poor signings, despite Luiz having a decent moment or two.

Kav

Established Member
Do I think Willian is a bad signing? No. If he were on a average wage I would be happy with it as well as it being only for 2 years. Ideally he should be a good back up creator.

However the player should not be taking home 100k plus another 100k in signing bonus each week at his age. Yet people complain about Özil wages and you’re going to sign a 32 year old on 3 year deal paying him 10 million in sign on bonus and a 100K wage per week. That is just bad business.

At least when Özil renewed he was in his 20’s. This the club can’t justify. Especially after Mikel got involved in The wage dispute. You can’t say you want to reduce costs yet go out and spend more money. Makes you look like a hypocrite.

The club let go of staff only to turn around and spend 45 M on Partey and bring in Willian on that ridiculous sign on bonus. This doesn’t even include the fact that the club bought Mari and Cedric after both players played a collective 5 games between them over 6 months. This club is a joke at times.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Other than the Raul cult on here, we could all see what was happening. All have been poor signings, despite Luiz having a decent moment or two.
Majority of AM was against the deal especially the duration of the contract.

Keplaz

Majority of AM was against the deal especially the duration of the contract.
The beginning of this thread will prove that statement isn't quite true. I've checked. GDeep and Macho were the most vocal against it, almost everyone else was putting a positive spin on it. Me included.

We didn't want to see this coming. But I think the signs were there. Not many people would have expected him to be as bad as he has been.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

The beginning of this thread will prove that statement isn't quite true. I've checked. GDeep and Macho were the most vocal against it, almost everyone else was putting a positive spin on it. Me included.

We didn't want to see this coming. But I think the signs were there. Not many people would have expected him to be as bad as he has been.
That’s a harsh post bro.
What club would spend £220K a week over 3 years on a 32 year old, playing in the same position in which you've already made your biggest investment. Particularly when you're crying out for players in other positions, like midfield.

Add that to 8 ****ing CBs, and £350K a week to a bloke you've told to go home and there's an argument for the worst run football club in the world.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Credit where credit is due

Looked good today and had a massive impact with providing the assist.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Got his assist, provided a bit of instant adrenalin for about 5-10 mins and went back to doing nothing.

Did what he had to do, I guess.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Willian remontada is coming. I'm kidding but he was more useful today than other games he helped us to turn the game around

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I liked his initial contribution but after a while he was merely on the fringes again holding the width on the left hand side.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He passed the ball within a few yards and it was all on Tierney from there to make something, that works out like 1/100.
It was a nothing performance again with a lucky assist. Don't buy that "positive cameo" cr*p

Top Bottom