• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

say yes

forum master baiter
Yeah, that was a good cameo from him. Don't rate him as a player, but hopefully that'll give him the confidence-boost he needs to be useful for this squad.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Wonder if you guys would think the same if KT didn't score. I get that it's an assist even though Tierney did like 90% of the work there and FB's usually score like 2-3 goals per season so it was more luck than anything else.
Other than that, I didn't think he did much, it was Tierney who changed the game by himself, and later Saka added a piece of his magic.

To say that he made an impact you would expect that he run at players, had a couple of shots or something similar, which didn't happen.
Arteta is already wanking over him, so I guess we'll watch the game more than we should

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Wonder if you guys would think the same if KT didn't score. I get that it's an assist even though Tierney did like 90% of the work there and FB's usually score like 2-3 goals per season so it was more luck than anything else.
Other than that, I didn't think he did much, it was Tierney who changed the game by himself, and later Saka added a piece of his magic.

To say that he made an impact you would expect that he run at players, had a couple of shots or something similar, which didn't happen.
Arteta is already wanking over him, so I guess we'll watch the game more than we should
Literally he did everything... Any of us could be playing in the pitch and give him that 3m pass to Tierney and have one assist for Arsenal. It's like giving a pass to Messi, he dribbles 3 - 4 players and you have an assist wow!

amigo

I’ve never quite understood the extent of the William hate. It’s like people don’t want him to do well. We all understand that he has been very disappointing but we all saw that he can do better like he did at Chelsea so should be hoping for that. Just like Aubameyang has had a bad patch but is coming good so can Willian. Arteta sees him in training week in and week out and can make the judgement better. The fact that he brought William on when the season and his job were literally on the line tells me a lot. He’s an expensive resource not performing at his best. Any good manager would try to unlock his potential. That unfortunately for the rabid mob, means playing him.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Have read in many threads that he’s killing Pepes career and the manger is obsessed with him but hasn’t actually started for 11 league games, is this correct?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I’ve never quite understood the extent of the William hate. It’s like people don’t want him to do well. We all understand that he has been very disappointing but we all saw that he can do better like he did at Chelsea so should be hoping for that. Just like Aubameyang has had a bad patch but is coming good so can Willian. Arteta sees him in training week in and week out and can make the judgement better. The fact that he brought William on when the season and his job were literally on the line tells me a lot. He’s an expensive resource not performing at his best. Any good manager would try to unlock his potential. That unfortunately for the rabid mob, means playing him.
Yeah you're right, it gets toxic sometimes really. He's certainly been a scapegoat for our poor form. It was a silly decision to sign him and he's not going to set the world alight, but we can at least hope he becomes a serviceable player eventually. Maybe the creativity issues we had at the start of the season made him play as terrible as he did. Our entire attack did terrible at that time. Creative players often improve when they play with other creative players. So I'm just staying patient, maybe he eventually starts improving. The only thing is Arteta really needs to concentrate on Pepe, I feel like he neglects him a lot.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Auba didn't come here from Chelsea, and Auba has scored over 80 goals for us, that's maybe why fans are more inclined towards him. Willian came here from Chelsea on big wages and played badly in basically every game, how do you expect fans to react?

amigo

Auba didn't come here from Chelsea, and Auba has scored over 80 goals for us, that's maybe why fans are more inclined towards him. Willian came here from Chelsea on big wages and played badly in basically every game, how do you expect fans to react?
I understand fans liking Auba more. what I don't understand is people wanting Willian to fail. It's like they feel because he's not been an instant success he is completely useless and must be discarded, regardless of whether the manager sees that this is not the case. Willian was Chelsea's most creative player last season, has he suddenly become unusable overnight? If we could get that player back would it not be a good thing? And do we not think the kind of support fans give a player can have an impact - they are human beings, not robots! I am not happy with how he has played this season but I am desperately hoping for a turnaround - like we are seeing with Aubameyang. It can only be better for Arsenal.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I understand fans liking Auba more. what I don't understand is people wanting Willian to fail. It's like they feel because he's not been an instant success he is completely useless and must be discarded, regardless of whether the manager sees that this is not the case. Willian was Chelsea's most creative player last season, has he suddenly become unusable overnight? If we could get that player back would it not be a good thing? And do we not think the kind of support fans give a player can have an impact - they are human beings, not robots! I am not happy with how he has played this season but I am desperately hoping for a turnaround - like we are seeing with Aubameyang. It can only be better for Arsenal.

It would be good if he could find some form, of course, i'm just saying he's never going to be a fan favourite, there'd have to be an improbable deus ex machina for him to turn his Arsenal career around. Maybe the reason fans almost want him to fail is cos they just want him to leave as soon as possible.

goonergaz

I don't understand what has happened to Willian since joining Arsenal, I expected at least one good season and then his form to tail off (with age) - but he has been pretty average.

Last night was a bit more like the minimum we should expect...but WTF was with the lack of celebration!? Ødegaard acted like we'd won the cup - and he's on load - Willian was like we'd scored the 5th goal in a 5-0 friendly where he played the whole game and was more disappointed he didn't score at least one goal.

bonzka

A improvement but it's the minimum contribution you want from a senior player, but alas we have been starved of consistent performers playing at a base level.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom