• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s not scientific of course and there is no right opinion. Just was my take away from the game. Xhaka was immense second half but first half thought Willian was our best player.

I felt he was at the heart of everything good that we did.
We had almost the same conversation last year when I suggested that we desperately needed to upgrade the midfield and CB positions and you told me I didn't understand how important a right winger was to the defence.

It's groundhog day. We've addressed the CB situation, but we still need to upgrade the midfield and your telling me the same thing about another right winger. :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We had almost the same conversation last year when I suggested that we desperately needed to upgrade the midfield and CB positions and you told me I didn't understand how important a right winger was to the defence.

It's groundhog day. We've addressed the CB situation, but we still need to upgrade the midfield and your telling me the same thing about another right winger. :lol:

Feel like you’re replying to a different post altogether. Don't get how saying I think Willian had a good game is me wanting another right winger?

Also I said repeatedly I wanted a midfielder to replace Ramsey and Mkhitaryan that summer but don’t let facts get in the way of whatever you’re doing?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well w've got plenty of depth at CB, all 8 of them, two 1st team right wingers. Would rather get some evenness myself.

Well Arteta has talked about squad balance too. It seems acquiring Willian was part of that. He has said he might play in the middle too.

We needed strenghtening to get Auba to renew. Someone like Nelson could easily go on loan this season, because surely Willian is much safer bet this season to perform well.

Having a substitute like Willian or Pepe is what big clubs have. Good especially if someone gets injured.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Well Arteta has talked about squad balance too. It seems acquiring Willian was part of that. He has said he might play in the middle too.

We needed strenghtening to get Auba to renew. Someone like Nelson could easily go on loan this season, because surely Willian is much safer bet this season to perform well.

Having a substitute like Willian or Pepe is what big clubs have. Good especially if someone gets injured.
If we improve the midfield this window or Willian starts playing well in an advanced midfield position, if Arteta changes his system, then I'll agree with you. While he's just being used to knock Pepe back, watching our static midfield gets over run like against West Ham, then I'm sticking to this position.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If we improve the midfield this window or Willian starts playing well in an advanced midfield position, if Arteta changes his system, then I'll agree with you. While he's just being used to knock Pepe back, watching our static midfield gets over run like against West Ham, then I'm sticking to this position.

If you assume that we don't upgrade our midfield at all & a free transfer somehow hinders that, then I'm not sure what to say.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Needs a good game against Sheffield United next weekend now.
It's hard to make a case for him starting based on his showing today. I agree he needs a good game against Sheffield otherwise the fans are gonna jump on his back.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's hard to make a case for him starting based on his showing today. I agree he needs a good game against Sheffield otherwise the fans are gonna jump on his back.

I mean who can replace him, Pepe looked even worse today :lol:

Imagine Saka could, but feel he will replace Niles at wingback on the weekend.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Another poor game. For once @Oxeki spot on, he did look very old out there.

Pepe has to play ahead of him next game. Or maybe both, Arteta.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Well we've got him for three years! Not that I think that the system, such as it was, tonight helped him much. But my instinctive view that signing him was a very expensive way of keeping our most expensive signing on the bench was vindicated tonight in a way which I hope won't repeat itself too often.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I mean who can replace him, .
Nelson is a good shout. I'm not really pissed at Arteta for starting him. But keeping him till the 70th minute means that we practically played with 10 men for over an hour.

This game was crying out for saka especially in that stretch in the second half where we had them in the ropes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Last 2 games is lot different than the game against Fulham you really can't be critical on him when the attack offered nothing at least he tried to help Hector defensively. Still he part of fault of 2nd goal because failed to track Robertson

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Nelson replacing nobody the RW is between Pepe and Willian. Nelson should go on loan

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Last games is lot different than the game against westham you really can't be critical on him when the attack offered nothing at least he tried to help Hector defensively. Still he part of fault of 2nd goal because failed to track Robertson

He was part of the attack that offered nothing though.

Was actually thinking when I saw the lineup of how we've stockpiled on 3 old men in attack.

Luckily we have exciting youngsters coming through.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Last games is lot different than the game against westham you really can't be critical on him when the attack offered nothing at least he tried to help Hector defensively. Still he part of fault of 2nd goal because failed to track Robertson
He was jogging back instead of running to cover Robertson.

He looked so tired after the few 20 minutes.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
He was part of the attack that offered nothing though.

Was actually thinking when I saw the lineup of how we've stockpiled on 3 old men in attack.

Luckily we have exciting youngsters coming through.
Yes it's still disappointing game from him

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Another player thst is struggling on the RW. I have to ask, is that because of the personnel or is this a structural issue. The performance today was quite reminiscent of Nelson. Tidy in possession and worked hard but ultimately you're left wondering where he was for 90 minutes. However, Reiss Nelson is at the embryonic stages of his career while Willian is very much on his Twilight years. I can excuse Nelson for a performance like this but a premier league, champion's league winner who has years of experience, I can't lie and say I'm quite disappointed. I would like to see Saka out on the RW for the next game over Pepe and Willian and I wouldn't be so quick to send Nelson out on loan. He may give out two older stars the kick up the bum they need.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
1 good game, 1 below average game and 1 **** game so far

we gave mkhi off for a free and signed the brazilian mkhi for free

Latest posts+

Top Bottom