• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,503

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
We get a good player with experience who knows the league AND he's not on massive wages. All of this for FREE and some people still have a problem.

Impact

Established Member
Think we would do well to focus more on the player rather than the financials. We are securing our close rival’s best player, who brings with him a wealth of experience and ability. His playing profile is exactly what we need. His PL history should mean a quick adaptation and his age also ensures the pathway for our younger players remains clear (should they fulfill their potential). This is a good signing.

daron christie

Think we would do well to focus more on the player rather than the financials. We are securing our close rival’s best player, who brings with him a wealth of experience and ability. His playing profile is exactly what we need. His PL history should mean a quick adaptation and his age also ensures the pathway for our younger players remains clear (should they fulfill their potential). This is a good signing.

Top post

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I have done a U turn on this since it turned out he wasn’t gonna be on ‘massive’ wages. The only question now is his desire having won his final big contract in a top league.

We aren’t paying him ****loads so even if he starts tanking after 18months it isn’t the end of the world tbh.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Exactly my feelings on this. He's essentially taking a small pay cut if the latest stories on his wages are to be believed. Could be making it up in bonuses of course but bonuses are incentives ultimately. He's a little bit too far into his twilight years footballistically speaking but he's still got a very good level of fitness and has proven himself to be still relatively effective in the league - he's a player I've always thought was talented. I don't think he gets in the way of the youngsters either - some effective loans would do some of them good anyway. Nketiah, Willock and Nelson in particular still have a bit to prove - I would be happy to see any of them go on productive loans where they actually play 30+ games with the bulk of them being starts. More 90 minute matches. Willian can hold fort till then.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah I have done a U turn on this since it turned out he wasn’t gonna be on ‘massive’ wages. The only question now is his desire having won his final big contract in a top league.

We aren’t paying him ****loads so even if he starts tanking after 18months it isn’t the end of the world tbh.

That ***** of a journalist who said he would be on "colossal" wages...still miss when that was the thread title :lol:

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What kind of wages are arsenal offering?
I read 100k on twitter but I doubt he will take a wage cut to join us, hes currently on 120k at Chelsea.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
What kind of wages are arsenal offering?
I read 100k on twitter but I doubt he will take a wage cut to join us, hes currently on 120k at Chelsea.
He's taking a wage cut because we're offering a longer deal and as he's getting older. Its not unbelievable.

AndStill

Good to see people coming around to this transfer. Of course 3 years is far too much but if he can contribute massively in the next two years then we've done well to pick him up.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
giphy.gif

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
To slightly alter the lyrics of the genius Iggy Azalea;
"Mo announce in this motherfucking hooouse"

Welcome Willian

Status
Not open for further replies.