<

Willian: Third Time's The Charm

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Mar 30, 2020.

1. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

I predicted he would have a good season, great start by him. Long may it continue.

Jasard and Macho like this.
  2. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

Told you we need a few more skillful dribblers, and players who are good on the ball.

3. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Impressive. I thought he'd hit the ground running and he did. Hope to see more!

OnlyOne likes this.
  4. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

He's also the guy that every player wishes they were his teammate. I noticed after games (pre-covid), lots of oppo players love to come up to him for a chat and mingle.

5. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

We have some ridiculous posters. They were so angry about the third year that it’s almost like they forgot he was actually a good football player.

Pyres7, Kysus, DanDare and 8 others like this.
  6. Trilly

I think that was the joke (I think). :lol:

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  7. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

@Tir Na Nog doing some inception level **** these days.

Trilly and Tir Na Nog like this.
  8. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

#ImNotSafe

El Duderino and Jury like this.
  9. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Those cross field pings were immense! Having Willian and Ceballos in the team brings our technical level up a notch. Excited to see Willian centrally with Pepe/Saka and Auba flanking.

James Bond, Kysus and Makavelii like this.
  10. lufere7

lufere7 Well-Known Member

So we have 3 very talented wingers and only one spot on the RW it seems. It's a dilemma for me since Auba has looked incredible on the LW but part of me hopes he moves centrally when Arteta has the players he wants.

The fact that Willian can play either wing (Saka too to an extent) means we could have some incredible competition/rotation with Saka LW, Pepe RW and Willian on either wing or even AM if we go for Partey instead of Aouar.

11. Trilly

You can’t tell if he’s being ironic or just shamelessly oblivious. :lol:

12. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

These are the type of players Chelsea are use to and buy regularly, imagine all the bullsh*t players we've had to deal with over the years and these are the guys the fans moan about :lol:

13. GoonerJay24

GoonerJay24 Well-Known Member

Your talking as if Chelsea have been much better than us in recent years, Willian has been very inconsistent for them these last three seasons

14. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

[​IMG]

Dj_sds - likes this.
  15. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

You have to think before you reply to @Tir Na Nog... Layers upon layers of trolololl. The deftest I’ve ever come across. It’s a delight.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  16. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

He's such a smooth player. Good technique married with endeavour, daring and vision. He's brought his best Chelsea form with him and may it stay for the duration if his contract. I was quietly worried about his age and motives but today was typical for him- at least 7/10 every game. Looks good in red too.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  17. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

They're playing Burna Boy's Anybody in the locker room. You just have to dance whenever that song comes on.

Macho, Trilly and asukru like this.
  18. Football Manager

Inconsistent? You just mean his goals/assists numbers, right?
    Because in terms of dribbling skills/ball control/general play/tactical contribution, he was always very consistent.

19. Coolin

Coolin Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho

He’s already a clear upgrade on players like Nelson and maybe even Pepe. Besides his dribbling ability, he also does the little things well. That ball to Auba doesn’t look like much, but the angle and weight of pass allows Auba to bring it down without breaking stride.

A lot of our players can’t weight simple passes correctly - especially Eddie, Willock and Nelson - and chances are lost because of it.

20. Football Manager

Doesn’t look like much? It looks impressive to me.

It’s strange that a lot of people think these passes are simple passes. To me, it’s not simple at all. A lot of our players can’t weight them correctly because they are not simple.

The accuracy, the weight/speed, the curve, the timing, the vision...it’s not easy to get them all correct.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    Trilly and truth_hurts like this.