• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He turned down Chelsea, Utd, City, Barca, Real, Bayern etc, title contenders, CL contenders, based in London, offering more money, sunny Spain etc, just to join Arsenal.

Ok.

More to life than Sunny Spain and money my boy.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What about CL and competing for titles? Not that he actually turned ALL that down :rofl:

Game time you donut. :rofl::rofl:

Also convinced by Arteta, who requested him, specifically.

God you're easy atm, step it up.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Loving these new player threads.

Always thought Willian looked a tidy player. Just concerned having another Chelsea old boy.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...you can't reply to this, unless DT is following you :lol:

Last edited:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Will do a Ceballos and prove doubters wrong.

There's a reason all of City, Utd and Barelcelona offered him more money than us.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think 5 goals, 5 assists in all comps and loads of running is all we can realistically expect from this guy really. Would have liked this signing like, 3-5 years ago.

OSBK

Established Member
I think 5 goals, 5 assists in all comps and loads of running is all we can realistically expect from this guy really. Would have liked this signing like, 3-5 years ago.

5 years ago he was getting 5 goals a season and 6 assists. 3 years ago he was getting 6 goals and 7 assists.

Think peeps need to look at his stats, he may be a good footballer but he is has always done poor numbers.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Got more goals and asissts combined in the league this season than the media darlings Bale, Ramsey, Pulisic, Griezmann and Zaha.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

5 years ago he was getting 5 goals a season and 6 assists. 3 years ago he was getting 6 goals and 7 assists.

Think peeps need to look at his stats, he may be a good footballer but he is has always done poor numbers.
I'd have been more hopeful though.

I've always rated him to be frank, it just kind of irks me knowing he's not coming to win naff all, just securing his pension.

Pyres7

He won't pull up any trees but I think he's a good signing.
  • Free transfer so frees up more money for more important areas like midfield and defense.
  • He might bring out the best in Pepe just from the extra competition
  • Versatile and could play as a number 10 or number 8 if we need him to. Which might be important if Özil isn't going to be playing.
  • We weren't creating a lot of chances last season and he'll definitely help
  • Saka and Nelson could learn a lot from him
  • Model professional, hard worker with a winning mentality. Fits the culture that Arteta is trying to implement.
If we had more money I would have preferred someone younger and more long term, but I think it's a smart move. As long as our other signings are on point...

Ifly_Gooner

He's not going to be a big player for the club, he's going to be a crucial cog in the machine though. Seems to be press resistant and a decent dribble with a high work rate. Pretty solid a signing specially on a free, would've loved it had it been a maximum 2 year contract.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Top player with the kind of profile we have been in need of, direct dribbling with technical ability to spot a pass. He had a great season and I fully expect him to hit 10 goals 10 assists. Curious as to where we end up using him, for all intents and purposes we will have 3 in midfield next season so he will likely play some games in midfield and some games out-wide.

Auba
Laca
Pepe
Willian
Saka
Martinelli

***** here won’t like to admit it but that’s a great set of talent for the front line with good versatility. Not even counting Nketiah/Nelson who would both benefit from a loan in the premier league.

Top Bottom