• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,548

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
John Cross seems to think we are ready to give him a £250,000 a week contract.
Not exactly:
Arsenal were ready to give Chelsea forward Willian a £250,000-a-week contract before the coronavirus pandemic struck.

It will be interesting to see whether Arsenal follow through with a deal for the 31-year-old Brazilian who becomes a free agent this summer because of the financial implications and current spotlight on the transfer set-up at the club.

Come on sign him up! Only Coutinho left then!

Can't wait for Arsenal to get smashed next season and Edu reputation destroyed at Arsenal!

Brett

He is definitely better than the dross we have here. I would not mind him on a 2 year deal. Next year Auba and Pepe both are leaving for afcon so he would be an excellent signing. I really don't mind him being represented by Kia, as long the signing makes sense and we strengthen centre midfield over the summer, and this is a way of subsidizing that part of the team.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Isn't the last thing John Cross got right us signing with Puma ffs?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Willian on 250k-a-week is spectacularly bad business :lol:. If it's for like 1 year, 2 tops then I can more understand but it's still mad extra!

That said, I'd consider Willian. With the young talent we've got out wide, I'd prefer an experienced body for them to rotate with.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Jamie Sanderson level the ****.
jamie_sanderson.jpg

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

First thing he got right too.

I am ust glad he stopped linking us to Wanyama every week after doing sonfor about 5 years.

Also is Goal.com still a thing? I remeber one summer they claim led it was certainty we were signing Feliani and Julio Cesar.

Last edited:

Mitch

Jamie Sanderson level the ****.
jamie_sanderson.jpg

Wasnt that was the guy who was friends with one of youths and was spot on at the time for youth news, injuries and starting lines for the main team a few hours before kickoff ( had a decent website many years ago too).

Then some news outlet gave him a job and he just made up utter ****e to keep it and it was obvious who ever his mate was within club was no longer at Arsenal.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Wasnt that was the guy who was friends with one of youths and was spot on at the time for youth news, injuries and starting lines for the main team a few hours before kickoff ( had a decent website many years ago too).

Then some news outlet gave him a job and he just made up utter ****e to keep it and it was obvious who ever his mate was within club was no longer at Arsenal.
Yep. Spot on. Was good for lineups but that was about it and then joined the Mirror and was an absolute clown like John Tosser.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'll be happy to have Willian here for a year or 2 but we can't offer him over 200, that would just be ridiculous. That might take out the chance to sign another big name player offering him that much.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This feels like another short sighted move. Bayern will probably keep Perisic next season and sign Sané. Why not target Coman?

We need to learn very quickly that we won’t catch our rivals by buying their unwanted players.

Mitch

This feels like another short sighted move. Bayern will probably keep Perisic next season and sign Sané. Why not target Coman?

We need to learn very quickly that we won’t catch our rivals by buying their unwanted players.

Willian isnt unwated by Chelsea,
Willian started the majority of their games for them this season. Lampard has confirmed that he wants to keep him and they are in talks with him.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It would be crazy to offer Willian that when we still haven't made an acceptable offer for Aubameyang.

William would be a quality signing for us though provided it was a short term deal. He's an upgrade on Mkhi and I rate Mkhi and infinitely more useful than 2020 Özil.

William, Pepe, Saka, Nelson, martinelli and ESR is an exciting set of wide players. If it meant Auba moving central, then all the better.

I'd be for this move. Willian for 2 years, whilst Pepe settles and Nelson, Saka and Martinelli grow.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Willian on a massive 3 year contract on Arsenal that no club would be stupid to give him. Won't be surprised though.

Can't blame Kia though. He's taking advantage of the terrible management at the club.

By the way, who's Kia's best player?

Mitch

Willian on a massive 3 year contract on Arsenal that no club would be stupid to give him. Won't be surprised though.

Can't blame Kia though. He's taking advantage of the terrible management at the club.

By the way, who's Kia's best player?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sports-invest-uk-ltd/beraterfirma/berater/4868

Willian is out of that list.

Used to have Tevez and Mascherano in their prime and got them to the Hammers. Brought Ramires to Chelsea and some invovlement in City getting Robinho.

I think he had some dealings with Malcom and Douglas costa too.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think Kia will convince Chelsea to give willian 2-3 years contract he good player and will be still useful for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom