<

Willian

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Mar 4, 2020.

?

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

1. Yes, for any contract length

27.4%
  2. Yes, but only on a 2 year deal

43.3%
  3. No, not under any circumstances

29.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get These Hands

Get These Hands Off of my purse !

I'd take him, not on 250k a week though.

Still a top player imo.

2. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Not exactly:
    Arsenal were ready to give Chelsea forward Willian a £250,000-a-week contract before the coronavirus pandemic struck.

It will be interesting to see whether Arsenal follow through with a deal for the 31-year-old Brazilian who becomes a free agent this summer because of the financial implications and current spotlight on the transfer set-up at the club.

3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Come on sign him up! Only Coutinho left then!

Can't wait for Arsenal to get smashed next season and Edu reputation destroyed at Arsenal!

4. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Still very much liking this idea

5. Brett

Brett Active Member

He is definitely better than the dross we have here. I would not mind him on a 2 year deal. Next year Auba and Pepe both are leaving for afcon so he would be an excellent signing. I really don't mind him being represented by Kia, as long the signing makes sense and we strengthen centre midfield over the summer, and this is a way of subsidizing that part of the team.

6. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Isn't the last thing John Cross got right us signing with Puma ffs?

7. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Willian on 250k-a-week is spectacularly bad business :lol:. If it's for like 1 year, 2 tops then I can more understand but it's still mad extra!

That said, I'd consider Willian. With the young talent we've got out wide, I'd prefer an experienced body for them to rotate with.

asukru, truth_hurts and tcahill like this.
  8. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Jamie Sanderson level the ****.
    [​IMG]

9. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

:facepalm:

I’ve got no words for this.

10. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

First thing he got right too.

I am ust glad he stopped linking us to Wanyama every week after doing sonfor about 5 years.

Also is Goal.com still a thing? I remeber one summer they claim led it was certainty we were signing Feliani and Julio Cesar.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    DanDare likes this.
  11. Mitch

Wasnt that was the guy who was friends with one of youths and was spot on at the time for youth news, injuries and starting lines for the main team a few hours before kickoff ( had a decent website many years ago too).

Then some news outlet gave him a job and he just made up utter ****e to keep it and it was obvious who ever his mate was within club was no longer at Arsenal.

Gooner416 likes this.
  12. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Yep. Spot on. Was good for lineups but that was about it and then joined the Mirror and was an absolute clown like John Tosser.

13. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

I'll be happy to have Willian here for a year or 2 but we can't offer him over 200, that would just be ridiculous. That might take out the chance to sign another big name player offering him that much.

truth_hurts likes this.
  14. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

This feels like another short sighted move. Bayern will probably keep Perisic next season and sign Sané. Why not target Coman?

We need to learn very quickly that we won’t catch our rivals by buying their unwanted players.

Sanchez11 and tcahill like this.
  15. Mitch

Willian isnt unwated by Chelsea,
    Willian started the majority of their games for them this season. Lampard has confirmed that he wants to keep him and they are in talks with him.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  16. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

It would be crazy to offer Willian that when we still haven't made an acceptable offer for Aubameyang.

William would be a quality signing for us though provided it was a short term deal. He's an upgrade on Mkhi and I rate Mkhi and infinitely more useful than 2020 Özil.

William, Pepe, Saka, Nelson, martinelli and ESR is an exciting set of wide players. If it meant Auba moving central, then all the better.

I'd be for this move. Willian for 2 years, whilst Pepe settles and Nelson, Saka and Martinelli grow.

17. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Willian on a massive 3 year contract on Arsenal that no club would be stupid to give him. Won't be surprised though.

Can't blame Kia though. He's taking advantage of the terrible management at the club.

By the way, who's Kia's best player?

Sanchez11 likes this.
  18. Mitch

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sports-invest-uk-ltd/beraterfirma/berater/4868

Willian is out of that list.

Used to have Tevez and Mascherano in their prime and got them to the Hammers. Brought Ramires to Chelsea and some invovlement in City getting Robinho.

I think he had some dealings with Malcom and Douglas costa too.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  19. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

So basically, he currently has no top player on his books?

And yet we're still allowing him to hold sway

20. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I think Kia will convince Chelsea to give willian 2-3 years contract he good player and will be still useful for Chelsea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.