• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,165

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If that's the case, why not accept the 2 years contract at Chelsea, so that he still has the hunger and extend it later?
I don't know his situation at Chelsea. If they were to offer 2 years, good money and clear opportunities to play, you'd think he'd sign. Maybe Lampard has told him that he wants younger players in the squad.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Meaning not every player is prepared to do an Özil. There is a World Cup and a Copa America in the next 3 years, I would imagine that he'd be driven to achieve.
His issue is length of contract, he is willing to extend at Chelsea if he gets the three years he wants.

This purely a financial issue.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Willian isn’t really ‘creative’ though. A lot of his chances created are due to set pieces and crosses.

Correct me if I’m wrong but we need a creative player in the middle of the pitch, somebody who can get the ball to our forwards. Willian would just be another isolated forward if he came here.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
How do you know he's going to retire after that? Maybe he'll go to China or Arabia.
Chelski already spent money on Ziyech, who may or may not hit the ground running come September, and they also have Pulisic and Mount.

He's been a consistent player for them throughout the years, but they're thinking if it's worth spending the money on him for the next 3 years.
They can afford to lose him because they already have replacements.

Then there's the point @Stephen Wright made. Willian at 32 is still pretty quick and he won't decline too much in the next 2 seasons.
Paying for his wages throughout that period and selling him after that is good business, especially when compared to the possibility of bringing in Coutinho for almost 17 mil, 10 of which would be up front and that's just for a season loan!

I mean, we're trying to get Auba to sign an extension and he's 31, yet I see no one complaining about offering him huge wages at that age, when he's, at least theoretically, on the decline.

Getting Willian would boost our creativity and remember that we won a trophy with David Luiz before you question this transfer.
I would still say David Luiz signing was not a good decision. He has ****ed us enough number of times in other games to not call him a success.
Auba is necessary for us till we find a like for like goal scoring replacement. We have to strengthen our defense and midfield this window. We have enough number of options going forward, as of now.
His performance this season looks like an outlier compared to his previous two seasons and could very well be an effort for getting a good final contract.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Where would he play? RW has been Willian's position in his whole career and we just made a 72m signing for that position.
He's played a lot on the LW and as a #10 this season. Must be better options out there who can do that job though.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I would still say David Luiz signing was not a good decision. He has ****ed us enough number of times in other games to not call him a success.
My point was that we managed to get a trophy in a catastrophy of a season with Luiz in the heart of our defense.
Willian is nowhere near as bad as Luiz is in terms of errors.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
There is always the possibility of paying him higher wage than Chelsea in exchange for the same two year contract. All we have to do is make a better offer than Chelsea, so it's not like there are no work around his three year demands if we really want him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Willian trying to get a 3 year deal at Chelsea and this being the main stumbling block is fairly common knowledge tbh.

They have a policy against long term contracts for over 30s.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Willian trying to get a 3 year deal at Chelsea and this being the main stumbling block is fairly common knowledge tbh.

They have a policy against long term contracts for over 30s.

For me it's also worrying that he would leave Chelsea who are strengthening and looking like more progress will continue over 1 extra years contract. For me that's a huge sign that its money motivated and not career or football motivated.

If hes willing to move to a lesser team (in terms of league position and CL etc) just for more money that isnt the type of player I would want in and around the squad. He gets that contract and watch him to through the motions.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

For me it's also worrying that he would leave Chelsea who are strengthening and looking like more progress will continue over 1 extra years contract. For me that's a huge sign that its money motivated and not career or football motivated.

If hes willing to move to a lesser team (in terms of league position and CL etc) just for more money that isnt the type of player I would want in and around the squad. He gets that contract and watch him to through the motions.
I can’t see how you would not see this as a financial move lol. He’s not wrong to do this though I don’t think.

He’s always struck me as a professional so whilst his intentions aren’t the most inspiring - I’m sure he will be trying his best wherever he ends up. But yeah, who knows..I don’t think he’s anyone’s first choice here but finances and circumstances I guess.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I can’t see how you would not see this as a financial move lol. He’s not wrong to do this though I don’t think.

He’s always struck me as a professional so whilst his intentions aren’t the most inspiring - I’m sure he will be trying his best wherever he ends up. But yeah, who knows..I don’t think he’s anyone’s first choice here but finances and circumstances I guess.

That's what I'm saying it's purely money motivated. And that's not the type of players I want. If hes willing to move to a rival club who are lower down the league and no CL just for an extra few quid not the character I would want.

Plus he has been brilliant this year maybe because he was putting himself in the shop window. Once he gets this contact maybe we see a player not at the top of his game.

Plus hes 32. Not too many wide players pulling up trees at that age or above.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This is the guy who struck a deal with Liverpool, only to hear Sp**s were interested before grabbing Chelsea's offer. I like his playing style but I'm fed up of rivals rejects who are mostly past it

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I hope he doesn’t come here, but it honestly looks like he’s gonna come here.

Would slot in and would be ready to go at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom