• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,101

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You know young players won't develop keeping them on bench Saka already showed what he capable of its criminal to sit him on bench because of Willian

Saka’s performances took a dip towards the end of the season. Young players are inconsistent and will get dips in form throughout a season. Not everyone is Sancho. There also shouldn’t be pressure on them to have to perform every week. We need a big squad as well, it’s a shorter season with the same amount of games so there’ll be lots of rotation.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
You know young players won't develop keeping them on bench Saka already showed what he capable of its criminal to sit him on bench because of Willian
They'd rotate mate. Saka still has lots to learn and hasn't quite got that consistency in his game yet. You know that if you play Willian against most teams, you are getting a steady 7/10. With Saka it will be more sporadic.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
A player of his quality on a free cant be turned down. Even with his wages for 3 years its still a quality player for a low price. Gives us more to spend on CB & Partey.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I think many forgot, that we have one of the youngest squads in the PL.

Sokratis, 32, contral until 2021. Will not get a new contract.
Özil, 31, contractil until 2021. Will not get a new contract.
Luiz, 33, contract until 2021. Will not get a new contract.

Auba, 31, contract until 2021. Hopefully will sign the new contract.

That's all our 30+ players (!) at the moment. 3 from them are leaving, the only one would be Auba, if he signs a new one. And Laca will turn 30 during next season.

So we could sign one player 30+ and it'a drama? It's not like he finished, he had another very good season. PL proven, still in good shape for this age and could be a mentor for our young wingers with Saka, Nelson and Martinelli.

Of course it's always a risk, when a player in this age probably will get his last big deal. He doesn't have to play for a new contract anymore, is he still motivated to perform every week?
But that's a question you can ask about nearly every 30+ player.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we end up signing him and I'm not fan of this signing at all i hope it's just 2 years contract

GDeep™

League is very weak
As to Willian, if we are dumb enough to sign him for three years, I think we will fall in that trap and he will revert back to the mean for those three years, And probably sink below the mean for the last year or so.

So, in my view, let’s thank him for his time here, and not consider signing him to either a two year or a three year contract.

He's been decent, but he stands out because we haven't had a great attacking force this season.

I dont actually think Willian has been great. He still doesn't have end product. 2 penalties and a free kick don't change that for me. But he's all we've got at the moment as CHO is injured, Pedro is worse and we are waiting on Ziyech. I have never bought that Willian plays better when hoping for a contract, I think he's just inconsistent.

not sure on his motivation, against big sides he works very hard against others looks lack lustre and he has played every match recently.

I agree with the exception of set pieces (excl corners) his end product is lacking.

Of the two going (probably), I'd have kept Pedro, I think he suits us much better and has better end product

big fan of Willian, but I've seen him drop stinkers and he sometimes looks like a player who plays on his mood, right now you can tell he's playing for a big contract either here or at another club. And fair play to him, he has a family to support, football is a very short career, I can't fault the man one bit. But as a club we have to be smart, don't give Willian more than one year, it would be a massive mistake on our part, he gets a year max, take it or leave it.

Why would we give a player who will be 32 in august 3 years? That would mean he'll be near 35 by the time his contract ends, that would be a silly decision. Willian has a year left in him at most at top level.

I really can't see the point of giving Willian an extension of any sort if we are going to place confidence in Odoi.

He was ok, but missed couple of easy chances. Considering who's coming and possibly another attacker to come, wouldn't lose any sleep if he turns down the 2 years deal ( pretty generous by Chelsea standard)

Part of me wished we had Willian on a 1year contract for every year he's been with us. He is the best when he's playing for the contract extension.

He is usually the worst after the contract is signed

Hopefully just a few more games and he is gone. When he is lazy he is just so horrible to watch.

Perfect end to his career with us. Do not give him a new contract and tarnish it.

As bad a performance and you’re likely to see. He almost had me fooled over the past few weeks.

I feel like this season especially players will just trot by him and he won’t even bother to get back on defense resulting is goals or giving the ball away in super dangerous places. If he doesn’t want 2 more years on Chelsea’s terms, adios Willy.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Look how bad those comments are, Chelsea fans generally want to see the back of him.

Also, a wide feeling he plays for a contract and then massively falls off.

Don’t know why some on AM constantly make out we’re signing a top player, we’re clearly not.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Willian to Arsenal looks like it's happening.

Romano's Instagram story suggests so - rejected Chelsea's offer and now "in talks with Arsenal"

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
That's my worry if we sign him he'll offer nothing other than being impact sub in decline in 100k+ a week

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Look how bad those comments are, Chelsea fans generally want to see the back of him.

Also, a wide feeling he plays for w contract and then massively falls off.

Don’t know why some on AM constantly make out we’re signing a top player, we’re clearly not.

There's every reason for having all kinds of positions on that deal and everybody has probably got a point one way or another.

But I'd really never base by oppinion about bits I randomly picked from a football forum - you either get absolute idiot opponions of guy's that never kicked a football in their life, just raging in the moment or a spectrum from "worst ever" to "best AM in the world" (see example Özil)

Goonger

Wish folk would realise that signing someone like Willian isn't a slight on the likes of Saka, in fact it's the opposite. The pathway to the first team is still there for him, even if Willian signs a 3 year deal Saka will still be only 21 / 22 FFS, & that's the same age someone like Mason Mount the now. And he'll still get plenty game time, as just like you wouldn't expect an 18 year old to play 60 games a season, you won't expect a 33 year old to either.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Don’t think we’ll have to offer him a 3 yr deal.

Willian will still make a ****load of money in China at 34/35.

I bet he’ll take a 2 yr deal with signing fee at Arsenal now and another signing fee + major money in China in 2 years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Willian coming here to chill with Luiz and get his retirement cash. How people can’t see this is crazy.

All facilitated by Kia obviously.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's the length more than anything I take issue with here

He's been class and I'm sure he probably has another season in him and would offer an alternative to Pepe

If he's coming here you'd assume it's for 3 years as he's rejected 2 at Chelsea?

Not happy with that deal.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Its massive massive risk. For many he’s already fallen off.

Aren’t Arsenal better than this?
Not about being better or not but this signing make no sense when you got pepe maybe Artera want pepe don't feel comfortable and want guy who give him something to think about still my preference would've been younger player

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What a bummer after Saturday.

Edu as technical director, led by his agent and lover Kia, brings in David Luiz. Then he goes and gets some farmer from Brazil, then he gets his boss another pay day for some guy Southampton want rid of and now he accepts Kia’s next request.

Crying in Tesco as I write this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom