• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,499

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If Willian helps us to get back into the Champions League it is worth it. It is kind of what Mkhitarian was supposed to do and we were a horror show in Azerbaijan away from doing it.

Reckon he's got two good seasons left in him, which is perfect if Nelson, Martinelli and Saka justify the hype. Funnily enough established talent is exactly what we need in the wide areas, not a developing player.

It doesn't have to be Willian, but I'd like him or Mertens.

truth_hurts

Yeah, I like Fraser as he can carry the ball forward, brilliant work ethic, can put good crosses in and gives us the option of 4-4-2.

If it allowed us to play Auba up front, I'd be well for it.

Fraser, Nelson, Pepe, Saka and Martinelli is a good set of options. Admittedly only Pepe and Martinelli have X factor though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fraser would be a bad pickup. We have enough Frasers in our squad as it is. We need to improve and stop moving backward.

We’re short on the wings with players who can contribute consistently and he’d be easy to sell even if he struggled.

He’d be a good rotation option, we need to round out the squad and he’d let us spend our limited funds elsewhere.

truth_hurts

I'd take Willian provided that some big money is splashed elsewhere.

A 3 year contract would be odd, but maybe his agent can get him a move before that a little like appears to be happening with Mkhi.

Fraser makes a lot more sense though.

Can Willian speak Spanish? Arteta asked.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
The Willian transfer doesnt make sense. Willian a 31 year old winger with his best days behind him.

We already have Pepe, PEA, Saka and Martinelli who can play the winger roles. The winger position is the last thing we need to improve on after LB and CF.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Who would you take on a free, Willian or Fraser?

Although Willian can play LW he is better RW and we have Pepe there.

Fraser is younger and natural LW so I would prefer him out of the two.

However ever if we lost Auba we would still have Saka and Martinelli so LW isnt a priority in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom